Known Problems - VI Topic

Posted by ebbetts55 on 11/18/2013 3:19:00 PM (view original):
I'm pretty new to seeing 3.0, but it looks like far too many passes are going to RBs.  The top 10 receivers in Stagg D1A are all RBs, all averaging over 10 catches per game.
*THIS!!!! Seeing a lot of this...
11/18/2013 5:45 PM
I'm pretty new to seeing 3.0, but it looks like far too many passes are going to RBs.  The top 10 receivers in Stagg D1A are all RBs, all averaging over 10 catches per game.
Of those RB, how many are on human-coached teams?  Of the human-coached teams, how many are using default formations?

A VERY high percentage of very short and short passes are targeted to RB's in the default formations.  You can't blame the engine for doing what you tell it to do!

11/18/2013 5:53 PM
after 14 games played in Yost -- my Youngstown State team has 10 INT's total
after the previous 3 season team totals of 33, 24 and 21

also noticing in the Team totals many team with 0 INTS on the season -- didn't bother to count them all -- I just looked at a few Conferences in 1-AA

after 10 games played in Wilkinson my Boston College team has 3 team INT's total
after the previous 3 seasons of 41, 35 and 19

just wondering if anyone else may have noticed
11/18/2013 5:57 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 11/18/2013 5:53:00 PM (view original):
Of those RB, how many are on human-coached teams?  Of the human-coached teams, how many are using default formations?

A VERY high percentage of very short and short passes are targeted to RB's in the default formations.  You can't blame the engine for doing what you tell it to do!

I agree with Bob on this one for sure.  The engine does EXACTLY what I tell it to do.  There is no more short stuff when I tell it go deep, and vice-versa.  So, if you don't want your RBs to catch passes, change the settings.

You are going to get higher completion % on the short stuff, and the engine appears to be doing a proper look down from your primary target down to the short pass as a last resort.

As I sort of mentioned before, I think its something to bring up to the developer, just to ensure that the engine is working properly.  I think its possible that there is an imbalance in the deep passing game, where the coverages are just "too good", causing more short stuff.

11/18/2013 6:17 PM
All problems are being addressed. Please be patient.
11/18/2013 10:09 PM
Obviously you just don't get it fastec27, so quit your ********. I know there still are a few problems, but none too serious that I or a lot of other people would concider quitting. You seem to want everything to be easy and not put any effort into it. You are not alone. There are a lot of people ******** this game is too difficult or time consuming. Like everything in life you can't please everybody LOL
11/19/2013 1:23 AM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 11/19/2013 1:23:00 AM (view original):
Obviously you just don't get it fastec27, so quit your ********. I know there still are a few problems, but none too serious that I or a lot of other people would concider quitting. You seem to want everything to be easy and not put any effort into it. You are not alone. There are a lot of people ******** this game is too difficult or time consuming. Like everything in life you can't please everybody LOL
How long you been around waiting for this? It would be nice to see some sort of response when people post problems on here. Show us its different this time. 

11/19/2013 7:25 AM (edited)
While I doubt the value of posting the same snarky line in a half-dozen or so different threads, the point about lack of communication is a valid one.  It's a repeat of what we saw in beta, where the developer would seemingly disappear for a week to ten days, maybe even two weeks without a word.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the 3.0 engine is a huge improvement over the 2.0 engine.  But it's not done, was not ready to push to public release, and still is not ready.  The only positives to pushing it out to the paying worlds is that there is a broader number of vocal participants (the number of people providing feedback in the beta forums had dwindled to half a dozen or so) and that WIS had given out free seasons, something they SHOULD be doing at the start of every college football (and basketball) season.  Doubtless most of those "freebies" wouldn't be renewing anyway, but I suspect the retention rate this time will be much smaller than usual, because they were given a free play of a flawed still-in-development product.  (And I'm not referring to ongoing tweaks and minor bug squashes that SHOULD be going on all the time, I mean major factors, some of which remain unimplemented.)

Some of the issues are minor - almost all of the play-by-play related ones, I consider to be a minor nuisance at best.  But the larger concerns are flawed penalty acceptance logic, flawed timeout logic, lack of missed PAT and pick-6, effects of stamina / fatigue are concerning.  I dread the implementation of injuries, because my teams are now in the playoffs - and the last thing I need is a sudden burst of season-ending injuries because previously unimplemented variable is slightly off.

As much as some mock the "I'm working on it" responses, I'd rather have those than nothing at all.

11/19/2013 8:25 AM (edited)
Posted by glaity on 11/18/2013 5:57:00 PM (view original):
after 14 games played in Yost -- my Youngstown State team has 10 INT's total
after the previous 3 season team totals of 33, 24 and 21

also noticing in the Team totals many team with 0 INTS on the season -- didn't bother to count them all -- I just looked at a few Conferences in 1-AA

after 10 games played in Wilkinson my Boston College team has 3 team INT's total
after the previous 3 seasons of 41, 35 and 19

just wondering if anyone else may have noticed
Yep...I think its a problem.  I'm pretty much 100% pass with my Wilkinson D3 team and I have exactly 1 pick this season after 10.5 games.  That is good for me, but bad for the entire game.  There are plenty of teams that throw the ball a ton and have zero picks.

I think the YAC should maybe go up a bit, the # of picks should go up also.

Completion % is maybe right on the mark, depending on depth of pass.  My completion % does for sure go down the farther down the field I throw the ball.  So, that part might, just might, be ok.

11/19/2013 9:44 AM
While I agree with bhazleton and harriswb3 on it largely being the default settings contributing to the checkdowns to RBs, I DO think there is an issue with YAC. I have no problem with all those checkdowns occurring because that is the engine working as intended. 

To see that nearly 75%-80% of the receiving yardage leaders are RB's means those plays are almost 4 times better to dump to your RB than  throwing passes to wide receivers, which is completely illogical. 

That I believe DOES need to be addressed. 
11/20/2013 12:03 AM
My WR's are doing fine, but the YAC is relatively low. I think however the SIM gameplan that is run makes the SIM way stronger than it should be. I was 5th ranked in D1A and playing a 3-9 SIM. I had to go to overtime to win. It seems even if you guess the right defense they complete passes for 10+ yards or run for 10+ yards. When I play a human team I don't have that problem, so something is wrong in the SIM logic and needs to be fixed. There are SIMS in the lower levels that have been a SIM for 10+ seasons and never had more than six wins. You start 3.0 and they are top 25 or better ranked and in the playoffs.
11/20/2013 12:33 AM
I think that's a great point vikes - I have a team in with another username that is 7-3 right now. It's a pretty good D3 team but no world beater. One loss was in OT to a human, but the other 2 losses were both to the only SIMS I played. And I went through the play-by-play - I was playing the right defense at the right time but the SIM was plugging away like the human coaches never could.
11/20/2013 6:35 AM
Hello everyone, I've been trying to get through all of the support tickets and work through all of the reported bugs. Unfortunately the pressing issues have taken priority and I haven't been able to get to some of the tasks on this list. I assure you that they are still in the TODO list, but some of them will be preempted by more pressing bug issues. I've gotten through a boat load of the one off bugs this week and I've finally been able to come up for air a little and reevaluate some of the pressing issues on the list.  Here are the ones that I still have as high priority on my list

PLAY BY PLAY ISSUES - TODO
    DB all over the field and covering everyone - TODO
    Mysterious Tackler involved in plays - TODO
    Some plays missing final yardage result - TODO
    DB knocks down pass or WR drops pass and then it is intercepted - I'm back! (11-7)
Stamina/fatigue needs review - TODO
Blitzers seem to disappear from the play - TODO
Flaws in time-out logic - TODO
Scoreboard stats for penalty first downs is switched (gives penalized team first down credit) - TODO

11/20/2013 11:01 AM
UPDATE, checked on the FIRST DOWN Penalty issue. That's been resolved and checked in. Will be in the next update.

11/20/2013 11:31 AM
Oriole.  Can you address the multiple posts about the lack of INTs?
11/20/2013 11:55 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Known Problems - VI Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.