Greatest GD Thread in the History of WIS GD Topic

Posted by harriswb3 on 11/27/2013 4:50:00 PM (view original):
"None shall pass"......no wait..."None shall run"....no wait, that's not right either....
None shall Tackle... especially "Tackler" who has all those missed tackles that result in touchdowns.
11/27/2013 5:07 PM (edited)
Isn't it the moment of most profound doubt that gives birth to new certainties? Perhaps hopelessness is the very soil that nourishes human hope; perhaps one could never find sense in GD without first experiencing its absurdity.

11/27/2013 5:01 PM
To the guys criticizing the developers of GD 3.0:

Come after me! I'm a man! I'm 40! I'm not a kid. Write something about me, or our coaches. Don't write about a kid that does everything right, that's heart's broken and then say the coaches said he was scared. That ain't true!
11/27/2013 5:02 PM
Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the simulation dream.

I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all engines must be beta tested fully."

I have a dream that one day at the computer screens of Georgia, the sons of former GD heroes and the sons of former GD developers will be able to type to each other at the forum of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of 3.0, an engine sweltering with the heat of imperfection, sweltering with the heat of uncertainty, will be transformed into an oasis of cause and effect relationships.

I have a dream that my little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the name of the product that they play but by the content of their football simulation skills

I have a dream today!
11/27/2013 5:45 PM
In the long history of WIS, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending gridiron dynasty in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility — I welcome it. I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other simulation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our game engine and all who play it — and the glow from that software can truly light the world.

And so, my fellow GD'ers: ask not what your AC-signed recruits can do for you — ask what you can do for your AC!.

11/27/2013 6:09 PM
We set sail on this new Engine because there is new knowledge to be gained, and new CCs and NCs to be won, and they must be won and used for the progress of all people. For Gridiron Dynasty, like nuclear science and all technology, has no conscience of its own. Whether it will become a force for good or ill depends on man, and only if the Ddingo occupies a position of pre-eminence can we help decide whether this new 3.0 Engine will be a sea of peace or a new terrifying theater of rants on the Forums I do not say the we should or will go unprotected against the hostile misuse of the 3.0 Engine any more than we go unprotected against the hostile use of Hoops Dynasty, but I do say that 3.0 Engine can be explored and mastered without feeding the fires of Forum posts without repeating the mistakes that JConte has made in extending his writ around this game of ours.

There is no logic, no patterns, no "real" national championships in 3.0 as yet. Its hazards are hostile to us all. Its understanding deserves the best of all mankind, and its opportunity for actual competition many never come again. But why, some say, 3.0? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why does Rice play Texas? ( duh...you sent an invite).

We choose to play 3.0. We choose to play 3.0 in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

It is for these reasons that I regard the decision last year to shift our efforts in 3.0 from low to high gear as among the most important decisions that will be made during my incumbency in the office of the coder of GD.
11/27/2013 6:31 PM (edited)
Guys, we are seeing the beginning of what could be one of the most successful threads in the history of GD! Even more successful than the engine itself! 
11/27/2013 6:35 PM
It's not over til they say it's over. was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  NO!! And it's not over now. Who's with me?
11/27/2013 6:48 PM

Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Wilkinson, of Heisman, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails when confronted with 3.0, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day! An hour of Tacklers and shattered conference titles, when the age of GD comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we gameplan! By all that you hold dear on this good simulation, I bid you - Stand, Coaches of the Gridiron!

11/27/2013 7:29 PM
Aye, pass (to WR)  and you may lose. Run (with a WR), and you'll win... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our developers that they may take our money, but they'll never take... OUR FORUM!
11/27/2013 9:43 PM
I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a GD football game by throwing to his wide receivers. He won the game by letting the other poor dumb bastard throw to his receivers!

Men, all this stuff you've heard about the GD engine not working, about GD not being fun, is a load of crap. All real GD coaches love the sting of losing to an inferior team. All real GD coaches love spending hours on a new game plan only to make their team worse. When you were kids, you loved the guys whose middle name was Upside, the the guy who lived in the strip clubs, the guy who cried when you promised a start. GD coaches love a loser and will not tolerate a winner. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who won a GD championship and thought he'd accomplished something. That is why GD coaches have never won, and will never win a championship, because the very idea of winning is hateful to a GD coach. Hell, that's why Bob Hazlewood is running this thing.

Now, a GD team is a collection of individuals. They should eat, sleep screw up and lose like Guns 'n Roses on their last tour. This teamwork stuff is a bunch of crap! And the flatulent bastards who wrote about losing for Sports Illustrated don't know any more about giving up 200 yards on 15 carries to a simAI team then they do about striking out with women!

11/27/2013 9:53 PM
When something is 'new and improved'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn't be new.
11/27/2013 9:55 PM
citizenkane-Jfootball and slider are going into the gauntlet. The loser is sacrificed.

lol

11/27/2013 10:53 PM
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere on your message board. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable Gridiron Dynasty engine system that we have that allowed to thrive. Somebody invested in offense and defense. If you’ve got a good team — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Engine didn’t get invented on its own.Fox Sports research created the engine so that all the coaches could make complains off the engine.
11/27/2013 11:24 PM
"Playoffs? Playoffs?!?!?! You're talkin' about playoffs? We're just trying to beat SIM AI!"
11/28/2013 7:10 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...12 Next ▸
Greatest GD Thread in the History of WIS GD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.