Known Problems VII Topic

So with the new updated update coming out I will resurrect the infamous post!

Keep checking and let's see how many fall and if there are more to add.

So we will again start the problem list. Please investigate the points below and give feedback on how they are or are not corrected. Keep bickering and bantering to a minimum.

Updated
1-5
No one missing extra points - 1/5
No INT returned for TD's - 1/5
Blitzers seem to disappear from the play - Doesn't seem to have changed
Large (>10%) offensive line advantages not providing enough effect for run ave or pass blocking results (sacks) - Hard to determine without ability to see engine comparisons - Community opinion?
Phantom field goal after game over on box score - Still happening?
Not able to have more control over defensive settings (% choice - but end result is either all pass or all run) - We want choice! In WIS hands. Opinions?
Correctly guessing run/pass has far too much importance on play results. Still believe this is true - but opinions?
Stamina/fatigue needs review - not enough impact as yet between high and low stamina players. Work in progress - still not working as it should.
Stamina for QB's - We shouldn't see our starting QB's fatiguing so they can't finish a long drive above 80% and need a back-up
DB all over the field and covering everyone - Still seeing this (1/5)
WR getting minus YAC when pass completed - Still see this (1/5)
Points scored can still be too high Seems improved -  Community opinion?
Have not evaluated penalties - Penalty numbers seem to be fixed - Opinions?
Have not evaluated injuries -  Injuries not included yet (1/5)
QB passing ability goes up with Division but DB ability doesn't keep up - Community opinion?
Some plays missing final yardage result (1/5)
Penalties against defense negate TD on offense? - Input?
DB knocks down pass or WR drops pass and then it is intercepted - I'm still back! (1/5)
Flaws in time-out logic - How is this workin' for ya?

Anything new?
1/5/2014 11:42 AM (edited)
I haven't seen a missed extra point or INT returned for a TD.
Too many kick return TDs.
Last season in D3 I had the highest rated player in my D3 world--a LB. For one half I blitzed him 80% of the time or so and for the half he made 0 tackles and had 0 sacks.. I stopped blitzing him in the second half and he started sacking people and making tackles all over the field.
I had a 25 yard facemask penalty yesterday--really--how do you program into a college football game a 25 yard facemask penalty?
Nobody gets tired--I saw a post the other day with a WR in D3 who rushed for 4000 yards and caught passes for almost 2000 yards--that alone is enough to know how poorly this game is set up.
It is too easy to run.
There are not enough interceptions--some QBs have thrown over 700 passes without an interception.
It is too hard to pass deep. For one time I would like to see the following in a play by play: "QB Smith drops back to pass. He spots WR Jones open (deep). The pass is complete for 52 yards" . It seems like EVERY pass play the QB looks at 3 different receivers or more. Can't the QB just drop back and see his first read open and throw him the ball whether it be complete or not?

To me the biggest problems are:
1. Too easy to run, too hard to pass deep, and hardly any interceptions--I can understand by re-programming the game things like this will pop up. But, they need to be fixed.
2. I cannot understand these following two things at all. There is no reason for them to be changed from 2.0. NONE. :
     A. Fatigue is not in the game--why would they mess with this--it has nothing to do with the play?

B. Why oh why did they change what values make a player good or perform better??? Why was Technique lowered in its value on defense for example? There
          was absolutely no reason to change this.  We paid money to play this game for 4 seasons, we recruited and then practiced up players to fit what skills needed
          to be improved to make a player good and then they changed this. Ridiculous!!

Personally I could care less what the little play by play blather says on an interception. I don't care if says that a DB knocks the pass down and then it is intercepted. Yes it should be taken out but that is such a minor problem compared with the other things going on.

WIS should also put up a detailed list of everything that has been changed\fixed to the 3.0 game so we have at least some clue as to what and when things have been changed.

12/10/2013 11:56 PM
I believe the "Mysterious Tackler" is fixed, although that's based on the small sample set of huge runs I gave up in the first half.  <sigh>  (At my defense, not the application for allowing huge runs.)
12/11/2013 4:27 AM
For the penalty was it after a 10 yard run?  I believe that for penalties that are tacked on after the play it will get lumped in as one number.  So if there was a 15yard facemask after a 10 yard run you would get the line saying a 25 facemask.
12/11/2013 10:11 AM

Intercepted the ball for 12 yards but manages to go nowhere...

Defense lines up for a run. Benjamin Fowler takes the snap and drops back to pass. The defense is starting to get pressure on Fowler. Piper (Kirkpatrick) is covered at the MC 42 (Medium). The defense has heavy pressure on Fowler. Fowler throws to a covered Watts (Gonzalez) at the MC 33 (Short). Gonzalez intercepts the ball at the MC 44 and returns it 12 yards to the MC 44.

INTERCEPTION by AC (Bernard Gonzalez) at the MC 44.

12/17/2013 3:42 PM
Also, plays that were formerly "breaks tackle by tackler and runs into the end zone" have been changed to just "breaks tackle and runs into end zone". We still don't know which defender is responsible
12/17/2013 3:50 PM
Posted by zsap on 12/17/2013 3:42:00 PM (view original):

Intercepted the ball for 12 yards but manages to go nowhere...

Defense lines up for a run. Benjamin Fowler takes the snap and drops back to pass. The defense is starting to get pressure on Fowler. Piper (Kirkpatrick) is covered at the MC 42 (Medium). The defense has heavy pressure on Fowler. Fowler throws to a covered Watts (Gonzalez) at the MC 33 (Short). Gonzalez intercepts the ball at the MC 44 and returns it 12 yards to the MC 44.

INTERCEPTION by AC (Bernard Gonzalez) at the MC 44.

thats definitely a glith of what yard line he caught the ball at. he threw it to the 33 yet it was caught at the 44? Likely he caught it at the 32 and returned it 12 yards to the 44.
12/17/2013 4:17 PM
He was on his own 32. If he caught it at the 32 and returned it 12 yards it would be at the 20.
12/17/2013 4:22 PM

Still working on this list. Let me know what else is showing up.

1/5/2014 11:43 AM
I want some respect of realism....... Having RB's catching 50+ passes a game and WR's rushing for 3000+ yards a season isn't even close. By the way, how do you set a WR to be your running back?
1/5/2014 12:43 PM
The leading receiver in Heisman has 175 receptions after 7 games.
1/5/2014 1:29 PM
Im not saying the engine is working well, but i want an engine that I can throw 100% to one player every play of every down.  Or run 100% to 1 RB. Granted, we all know fatigue should stop this from happening.  But I want that choice.

I do not want an engine that forces the out comes to be "normal" and "expected". 

As goofy as it would be, if Ohio State would hand the ball off every play to Carlos Hyde (and he would never get tired), he would have gaudy stats too.  What's wrong with that is not the ability to run Carlos Hyde every single play, but the fact that he never gets tired.
1/5/2014 2:29 PM
Posted by chalvorson on 1/5/2014 2:29:00 PM (view original):
Im not saying the engine is working well, but i want an engine that I can throw 100% to one player every play of every down.  Or run 100% to 1 RB. Granted, we all know fatigue should stop this from happening.  But I want that choice.

I do not want an engine that forces the out comes to be "normal" and "expected". 

As goofy as it would be, if Ohio State would hand the ball off every play to Carlos Hyde (and he would never get tired), he would have gaudy stats too.  What's wrong with that is not the ability to run Carlos Hyde every single play, but the fact that he never gets tired.
yes... fatigue should be a component. That is why players have ratings for stamina/fatigue! When are they going to become part of the game?
1/5/2014 2:41 PM
Known Problems VII Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.