oriole - support ticket help Topic

I have 17 open support tickets.  Most of them a week old.  When will I get responses and who will give the responses?
12/19/2013 3:29 PM
On the fourth?

Of never?  Just kidding...

12/19/2013 5:34 PM
Support tickets from 12/12 are still unanswered.  Does anyone at WIS care?
12/23/2013 10:07 PM
17 support tickets? Wow. I have some stuff I may send in a ticket that I don't want to put on the boards, but maybe I don't want them to be fixed atm.
12/23/2013 11:53 PM
Posted by slid64er on 12/23/2013 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Support tickets from 12/12 are still unanswered.  Does anyone at WIS care?
Just keep sending $$$. That is all they care about!
12/24/2013 12:47 AM
Yes, I see your tickets slid64er. Unfortunately engine knowledge questions in support ticket form tend to get a lower priority than others. I will be answering those as the other support tickets, game updates, and other forum inquiries start slowing down. 

12/26/2013 11:08 AM
Still waiting on 14 open tickets.

What would be a better way to get engine knowledge questions answered?
12/30/2013 4:58 PM
Having a game guide to refer to would alleviate this issue (and others).  Coaches could seek definitive answers for themselves and in most cases, would be happy to do so.  They also would get answers here in the forums that are definitive and drawn from the guide itself as opposed to speculation which turns into debates that go unresolved for weeks.  I am sure you are busy Oriole and have a lot on your plate and most of us appreciate the effort, but the flip side is coaches want to understand the game we are playing (and paying for) and right now we have no definitive source of information.       
12/30/2013 5:12 PM
I really wasnt aware that we can use support tickets as our own personal developer chats. Thats sweet! Im gonna pepper them with a ton of questions! Why doesnt WIS post these support tickets support tickets disguised as developer chats so everyone can see? I think that would help the entire GD community to understand.
12/30/2013 5:21 PM
Posted by oriole_fan on 12/26/2013 11:08:00 AM (view original):
Yes, I see your tickets slid64er. Unfortunately engine knowledge questions in support ticket form tend to get a lower priority than others. I will be answering those as the other support tickets, game updates, and other forum inquiries start slowing down. 

Going on 12 days now since we heard from you again. Time to wake up.
1/6/2014 8:14 PM
To: Those who have been around for all three engines,
Please remind me of how much better our total experience is with 3.0, that it was with 1.0, or 2.0.?!?!?
1/6/2014 11:12 PM
The total experience with 1.0 was the best of all, but not because of the engine.  The changes to 2.0 and also to 3.0 to some extent were to make the game more 'realistic'.  True we don't have a single-wing dynasty anymore, we have something much more convoluted.  But they should realize the most important element of realism that is missing, and how nothing to do with game planning or whether you know if your freshman is getting the start: in real football, there are *people*!  ...as there were in 1.0.  Playing against SimAI is no fun, and WIS needs to do whatever it takes to increase this element of realism.  ;)
1/7/2014 12:42 AM
In each of the last two game engine *updates* I feel that the designers had an idea of what they wanted out of the game and they really didn't listen to what the customers wanted. They designed a game and tried to make it "realistic" in respect to what happens in 'real life' and then hoped that the ratings made up the difference. They needed to make an engine where ratings ruled and then carefully introduced ways to modify the comparisons (stamina, gameplanning, formation IQ) so that the results were not 100% apparent looking at the numbers.

The biggest problem is the way the "bucket system" is designed. It seems that the distribution of the results in the buckets are way too broad and makes the end results of ratings differences too watered down. Other factors (gameplanning - all or none, and formation IQ) further minimize the comparison between ratings.
1/7/2014 1:07 AM
Posted by chalvorson on 12/30/2013 5:21:00 PM (view original):
I really wasnt aware that we can use support tickets as our own personal developer chats. Thats sweet! Im gonna pepper them with a ton of questions! Why doesnt WIS post these support tickets support tickets disguised as developer chats so everyone can see? I think that would help the entire GD community to understand.
+1
1/7/2014 8:37 AM
Any chance that any of my questions will be answered?
1/9/2014 11:02 PM
123 Next ▸
oriole - support ticket help Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.