I'm back! (recruit tool 2.0 beta inside) Topic

Posted by dessasdad05 on 1/16/2014 2:28:00 PM (view original):
yatzr, I can't get the latest update to function at all. I have tried limiting the threads as well as trying searches one at a time. I have tried the "run" tool,  I have isolated the tool in a different folder w/the config.ini file, I have even tried it on the work as well as home pcs, yet I continue to get "errored out while grabbing recruits. Try again" messages. The first version of this tool worked well, I had some trouble w/2nd version, But I cannot get this one to work.  Is there something else to try?  Thanks in advance, Carl
In the same folder as the tool, there should be an error.log file.  Open that in notepad and sitemail me the contents.
1/16/2014 8:47 PM
Posted by yatzr on 1/16/2014 9:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mgm0461 on 1/16/2014 8:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by miller97 on 1/15/2014 11:29:00 PM (view original):
I put in my team id and season, it says that at the top, and is right, for some reason when i click download/update recruits nothing happens
Along with the recruit tool, you also need the permTeams.dat (permTeams.zip on www.gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/recruit.htm), towns.dat (towns.zip on the www.gdreports.com site), and config.ini (same name on www.gdreports.com) files.  Do you have those as well?
Those two files aren't needed anymore.  They're built into the .jar now.

miller97, did you enter your username and password into Options -> Connectivity?

there we go :) thanks a lot yatzr!!
1/16/2014 10:49 PM
I can't get the recruit mapping to work either, just a blank.
1/18/2014 4:44 PM
yatzr, does this use the old 1.9.3 config file?  Or will I need to re-enter my equations and potential messages?
1/18/2014 7:08 PM
Posted by zerfo on 1/18/2014 4:44:00 PM (view original):
I can't get the recruit mapping to work either, just a blank.
You are most likely either missing the towns of the recruits or the coaches.  I'll update the recruit mapping to make it more obvious why it's blank sometimes.

jc1796, you can use the same config file.
1/18/2014 9:17 PM
Updated again.  This update includes some potential memory problem fixes.  So if you were getting a lot of failed searches before, try this out and you might get much better results.  I also added several minor things that I've been meaning to add forever like:
Right click -> Unmark for Action
Clear out search filters when creating a new season
Automatically update the recruits table when grabbing recruits is done (you no longer have to hit search/refresh after grabbing recruits...yay!)
1/19/2014 12:26 AM
Just to say I tried this out for the first time. Put a few players on my watchlist early (before using the tool). Some of these players are now red, and I take it they are supposed not to be visible, but are visible anyway to me (or at least I have them on my watchlist)
1/19/2014 8:45 AM
Posted by dachmann on 1/19/2014 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Just to say I tried this out for the first time. Put a few players on my watchlist early (before using the tool). Some of these players are now red, and I take it they are supposed not to be visible, but are visible anyway to me (or at least I have them on my watchlist)
Dach, since they are red, they are now out of your vision.  Since you put them on your watch list during last season and they just turned red once this new season started, then your vision went down.  Do not try to recruit the red guys.  They won't sign with you and will only cost you money.

If you want to double check that they are outside your vision, try searching for them on the recruit page.  If you can't find them again (even if you put them on your watch list last season), then you can't recruit them.
1/19/2014 9:26 AM
Yatzr, in the Team Ranker tool, is there a way to add a number/ranking column in there on the left hand side?  This way I wouldn't have to count down to my team to see how many spots Im jumping up or down once my seniors graduate.  Thanks again man!
1/19/2014 9:29 AM
Oh thank God, finally!
 I also added several minor things that I've been meaning to add forever like:
Right click -> Unmark for Action

1/19/2014 9:45 AM
Downloaded the latest version of the beta, did a new refresh this morning, and some of the data is wrong. I have signed all of my recruits, but the tool says the TE that I signed is still undecided, and says I signed a DB who was actually signed by another team. Funny, when I click on that DB, it takes me to his player page and says I have already signed this player. But he was cleary signed by another team. It says that under his picture.

(OK, never mind. User error. I did not have "Grab/Update Signed Players" checked.)
1/19/2014 11:22 AM (edited)
When I enter my team info , id and season , it tells me my team id is not valid . what am I doing wrong ? .
1/23/2014 12:48 PM
Posted by gmc_sierra on 1/23/2014 12:48:00 PM (view original):
When I enter my team info , id and season , it tells me my team id is not valid . what am I doing wrong ? .
That shouldn't happen anymore as long as you're entering a real team id.  With the previous versions of the tool, it had to read that separate permTeams.dat file, and people would always have issues with not having that file in the correct place, or having some weird folder permissions where the tool wasn't allowed to read it.  Now, that permTeams.dat file is actually inside the .jar file, and there shouldn't be any scenario where the tool is not able to read it.  Make sure you're using the 2.0 tool and that you're using a real team id.  Beyond that, I have no idea
1/23/2014 2:41 PM
yatzr, any plan on revitalizing the game analyzer to work with the new version?
1/24/2014 8:35 AM
Posted by zerfo on 1/24/2014 8:35:00 AM (view original):
yatzr, any plan on revitalizing the game analyzer to work with the new version?
The latest version works, but is still only using the basic pbp.  I'm in the process of updating it to pull the expanded pbp and show all of the extra information.
1/24/2014 9:30 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
I'm back! (recruit tool 2.0 beta inside) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.