Simple Question - no doubt a Complicated Answer Topic

How do any of you boffins differentiate or adjust between RB/FB's and BTE/CTE's for example when allocating Positional Practice Plans? Their attributes are so diverse now I fail to see why they can't be separated for 'practice'
1/11/2014 7:06 AM
I recruit specifically for each of those 4 positions you mention. Then i have my practice plans set to account for both types of RB for example. Currently, it is the only way to do it.

The good thing, i say very sarcastically, is that we know putting more than 8-10 minutes into a formation practice is a waste of time. So, unless you practice every offensive and defensive formation, you have plenty of time for individual practice categories.
1/11/2014 7:18 AM
Posted by chalvorson on 1/11/2014 7:18:00 AM (view original):
I recruit specifically for each of those 4 positions you mention. Then i have my practice plans set to account for both types of RB for example. Currently, it is the only way to do it.

The good thing, i say very sarcastically, is that we know putting more than 8-10 minutes into a formation practice is a waste of time. So, unless you practice every offensive and defensive formation, you have plenty of time for individual practice categories.
Chalvorson, the more than 8-10 minutes part is not exactly true, it's just severely returns.  Remember that there is a difference over a season between practicing a form 20 minutes vs practicing it 5 minutes.  I point you to this:  http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=473529&ThreadID=10369068#l_10369068

So really its just up to the coach to decide exactly how much individual practice time they want to give up and where the sweet spot it.  For me, I think it's somewhere between 7-12.

Quote post by mab444 on 1/4/2014 10:32:00 PM:
1/11/2014 9:50 AM
I saw that post, but my team does not confirm that. All 3 of my teams have the same practice plan. Specifically 16 min in NDB and 8 min in Trips. Over several season i do not see any real difference between my trips growth and my NDB growth.

I. Agree that if you send over 10 min in a formation you will see an increase. However, it will only be a point or 2. Thus, i just dont see the incentive to spend more than 10 minutes.
1/11/2014 10:24 AM
Can't disagree with that.  As you know, I spent 1 minute in every formation last season on my TAMUC team and still saw 10-14 pts of Form growth on every player even at the minimum practice time.  8-10 is likely the sweet spot which is what Im using this season at McNeese.
1/11/2014 11:39 AM
Posted by polarsi on 1/11/2014 7:06:00 AM (view original):
How do any of you boffins differentiate or adjust between RB/FB's and BTE/CTE's for example when allocating Positional Practice Plans? Their attributes are so diverse now I fail to see why they can't be separated for 'practice'
Its not ideal but since everyones under the same conditions it doesnt bother me too much. Although Im beginning to think that the blocking of the FB and TE are undervalued by the engine. This does make me second guess my decision to stay with the formations that utilize these two positions.
1/11/2014 6:20 PM
Posted by polarsi on 1/11/2014 7:06:00 AM (view original):
Dont use either - Trips > Pass
1/11/2014 6:59 PM
And now the most important question: Does it matter that we practice formations at all ?   Who knows ?
1/11/2014 8:49 PM
Simple Question - no doubt a Complicated Answer Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.