What a bad move from another player Topic

He has learned a critical recruiting tactic. I used to be against it until someone did it to me. Now it is just another recruiting strategy which I have used myself..

Lick your wounds, move on and pay him back at an oppurtune time. You would be best off to delete this entire thread though and let him forget about it and then you seize the chance when it presents itself.

Just trying to give you helpful advice.

2/11/2014 12:02 PM
Its cheating and should not be allowed in this. He should lose all the money he has saved from all of his cheating championships. Thats how cowards play and should be dealt with like such
2/11/2014 12:20 PM
Its most assuredly not cheating. It is unpleasant to be on the wrong end.  But cheating it is not.

Anyway it worked. You blew your wad and he got the player/s that he wanted.

2/11/2014 12:27 PM
I like move2 hes a good coach but this particular tactic where he has no interest in any of those guys has been deemed a violation of the fairplay rule. I suggest you send in a ticket or just be smart and dont spend any money on those guus he turned red as they will all come back to you. Stay the course on the guy you really want and dont fall for the diverson.
2/11/2014 12:35 PM
My man coog did this to me once.sent my blood pressure through the roof.every cycle he turned another guy red in the end I got my guy and lost just one guy out of seven or eight he turmed red.he had no actual intetest in the others.its a tactic and yes brother.....you had me steamed just like this guy is. Ah the good old days!
2/11/2014 12:40 PM
We will see. I turned in a ticket about doing this. Its cheating. How do you beat a team with all the money and talent with not being able to build because of that team stealing your guys? You can't and thats why he keeps winning. Take his money and he will be on the same table as the rest. See how he does then.
2/11/2014 12:41 PM
Posted by mikesy on 2/11/2014 12:35:00 PM (view original):
I like move2 hes a good coach but this particular tactic where he has no interest in any of those guys has been deemed a violation of the fairplay rule. I suggest you send in a ticket or just be smart and dont spend any money on those guus he turned red as they will all come back to you. Stay the course on the guy you really want and dont fall for the diverson.
mike, I don't think its a violation of fairplay rules unless you are doing this from a higher level than the other guy. ie a 1AA guy doing this to a d2 guy. I could be wrong.

A few seasons back in 1A under my 717 account a guy turned a nice class upside down on me. The next season I turned the tables on him, waited a few cycles before signings and by signing time I had signed most of his class away. Though in both cases we each signed the guys we turned red.

2/11/2014 12:46 PM
You can only keep up with a guy like that by winning. If you don't get the talent to win then you have no chance.
2/11/2014 1:05 PM
Duke, you realize that pretty much al of the guys he is turning are in his 360 right?  You have no claim to them other than you got them green before anyone else.  Battles are a part of the game, especially as you move up higher.  I get my greens turned by D1's a lot, it happens and you move on or you wait it out to see if they sign them.  if they don't, the guys will usually flip back to you.
2/11/2014 1:17 PM
Posted by jsduke1488 on 2/11/2014 12:41:00 PM (view original):
We will see. I turned in a ticket about doing this. Its cheating. How do you beat a team with all the money and talent with not being able to build because of that team stealing your guys? You can't and thats why he keeps winning. Take his money and he will be on the same table as the rest. See how he does then.
wait...does this thread really say "a guy beat me for a bunch of recruits by (presumably) by using cash that he saved over numerous seasons and got from being in the playoffs"? 

how is it stealing your guys?  were they on your team and he hacked the program and took them off?  oh wait...it was still recruiting?  yeah, a guy isnt yours until he signs.  until then he is fair game.  if you have a bunch of really good players lined up, you better have the bank roll to protect them.  you were in your first season with only 8 open scholarship, which gave you $48k to start recruiting.  He has 13 open spots, which means, before carryover and playoff money, he had $30k more than you.  By the time you add in carryover and playoff money i would bet that was close to $50k more than you, or roughly double what you started with.  then add in that he has the highest possible prestige with his string of NCs.  that is within the framework of the game, nothing cheating about it.

the lesson here is dont get into a bunch of battles from a position of massive disadvantage.
2/11/2014 1:22 PM
War chests are no more, and battling is just part of the game. It sucks, but all you need to do is offer those guys scholarships and they will sign with you as soon as he wraps up his class. Even if its the last cycle they will come back to you.
2/11/2014 1:45 PM
Posted by loudawg10 on 2/11/2014 1:23:00 PM (view original):
wait...does this thread really say "a guy beat me for a bunch of recruits by (presumably) by using cash that he saved over numerous seasons and got from being in the playoffs"? 

how is it stealing your guys?  were they on your team and he hacked the program and took them off?  oh wait...it was still recruiting?  yeah, a guy isnt yours until he signs.  until then he is fair game.  if you have a bunch of really good players lined up, you better have the bank roll to protect them.  you were in your first season with only 8 open scholarship, which gave you $48k to start recruiting.  He has 13 open spots, which means, before carryover and playoff money, he had $30k more than you.  By the time you add in carryover and playoff money i would bet that was close to $50k more than you, or roughly double what you started with.  then add in that he has the highest possible prestige with his string of NCs.  that is within the framework of the game, nothing cheating about it.

the lesson here is dont get into a bunch of battles from a position of massive disadvantage.
He was not going after any of my green guys until today when they turned red. I looked, it was just the guys that I turned green. None of the other recruits turned to him. So unless you know what you are talking about please see the door. Your lesson learned is think before you speak.
2/11/2014 1:47 PM
I don't see anything wrong with what happened, it's not like he's dropping down a level, you guys are on the same playing field.

2/11/2014 1:52 PM
Plus most of the guys were not even in the top ten of the guess ratings. So why would the best college come after lesser talented recruits. I was trying to steer clear for the simple reason he had more money. And if you look, there are some not in the top ten guess ratings that are not in his 360. So what about that?
2/11/2014 1:53 PM
Posted by jsduke1488 on 2/11/2014 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by loudawg10 on 2/11/2014 1:23:00 PM (view original):

He was not going after any of my green guys until today when they turned red. I looked, it was just the guys that I turned green. None of the other recruits turned to him. So unless you know what you are talking about please see the door. Your lesson learned is think before you speak.
"Your lesson learned is think before you speak."
2/11/2014 1:54 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
What a bad move from another player Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.