Fix the losses to Sims already..... Topic

I'd rather have overall precise scoring then overall accurate statistical scoring. I can deal with a standard deviation that is higher if the outliers are eliminated, but to oriole the standard deviation seems to be everything and not the precision of the sim. I'd rather have no bullseyes and a bunch around the bullseye then three bullseyes and one that doesn't hit the board. 
2/12/2014 9:35 PM
Thanks,bubba....I pounded the first two exhibition games with sims coached teams. I was feeling pretty good that I finally had a handle on figuring out this 3.0 POS. Then I lost the third game to a sims. I felt maybe it was because of that 3.0 "randomness" kicking in. I was still confident that my game planing was sound going into the regular season so I didn't change anything. After three games and three losses( one to a better talented human coach and two to sims), I'm back to square one. It's like the team turned on a "retard" switch after the exhibition season. I know it's not my talent, I'm second in the conference in offense(YPG) but 9th in defense(YPG). So now I'm having to tweek this and tweek that in my defense scheming while my W-L record goes down the tubes. Gotta luv WIS.
2/13/2014 11:46 AM (edited)
In my loss this season to SIMMY, I even game planned against it. Didn't matter. I lost 2 with this team the season before. I was thinking it was just me for a bit, but after watching D1 Elites starting to fall to long time Sim coached teams.....there is obviously a problem. Im not one of the whiners as Kas may have put it, I am looking for answers. This should not be happening. I have the 4th overall player rated team w Cal St in all of D1-AA and have chalked up 3 losses so far in two seasons while watching SIMs win Conference Championships. C'mon....where are the WIS minds at? Why are the likes of Oriole and them not chiming in?
2/13/2014 5:58 PM
If you think his talent was in the same ball park as mine then something's wrong. His team is inferior across the board.
2/13/2014 6:24 PM
What I am saying Kevin, is that in this game......I have seen that random upset to teams coached by humans that have the ability if they gameplan right, to be "in the game" and perhaps pull the upset. His team on the defensive side, while inferior to yours, was at least decent. Try looking at the game where D1 SIM Northwestern walked over Penn St and explain how that happened. Against humans, and based on overall rating, even though your individual players are superior to his.....at least his were in the ballpark in comparison to an entire Sim recruited team who attributes are vastly less than his vs yours.
2/13/2014 6:58 PM
We are in the same boat. As I just saw posted on the conference board the coach didn't game plan cause he didn't know he made the playoffs. By all means you have no business losing to SIMs. But I have no business losing to the team I lost to.
2/13/2014 7:20 PM
Kevin, I absolutely agree. And him not even game planning makes it that much worse!
2/13/2014 7:59 PM
So the better talented team wins every game....got it. 
2/15/2014 9:42 AM
Shouldn't we just crown the national champion after recruiting is over then?
2/15/2014 9:42 AM
Posted by kevintam90 on 2/13/2014 6:24:00 PM (view original):
If you think his talent was in the same ball park as mine then something's wrong. His team is inferior across the board.
There was only a 16 pt difference in team averages, so saying your team was far superior is an incorrect statement. If there was a 45-60 point average, then maybe you would have a legitimate complaint. The fact that he didn't gameplan just means that his last game plan was used. Maybe he just got lucky with that who knows. The main problem with the game right now is the SIMS are stronger than they should be. Most teams that have lost to SIMS that shouldn't have have a 45-60 point or greater team average difference. If you played a human coached team with that much of an advantage, you would blow them out of the park. My Alabama State team in Heisman is undefeated and 9th ranked, but almost lost to a SIM with a 46 point team average advantage.
2/15/2014 2:00 PM
Agree w vikes....but no the better team shouldn't always win mjdato....but by no means should Sims be taking out human coached teams w huge differences in ratings. No high school varsity team is going to go out and beat Florida State. And in some cases that is the type of rating difference we are seeing out of the Sims upsetting humans for the win.
2/15/2014 2:50 PM
I need someone to explain to me this "point differences".  As mentioned above, a "16 point difference in team averages", Sims having 45-60 pt average differences.

I don't use that kind of thought process when analyzing my team or competitors....so, can someone explain to me what numbers you are using to compare?
2/15/2014 2:54 PM
Team rating values..there's a drop down tab for it under standings I think
2/15/2014 3:48 PM
if you are using the drop down tab under standings for your ratings you are deceiving yourself. No system is perfect that I know of, but overall rating is more then useless, it will actually lead you to believe things that are intrinsically wrong. 
2/15/2014 9:55 PM
Posted by noah23 on 2/15/2014 9:55:00 PM (view original):
if you are using the drop down tab under standings for your ratings you are deceiving yourself. No system is perfect that I know of, but overall rating is more then useless, it will actually lead you to believe things that are intrinsically wrong. 
Totally agreed.  More than useless...that's why I asked the question, I was hoping it was something else.
2/15/2014 10:02 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Fix the losses to Sims already..... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.