Would you be involved in a totally human world? Topic

So we'll start with a commitment poll. The question is - Would you commit to joining a world to try to make it totally human?

If we get enough interest then maybe we can hash out which world. Post a notice in your conference chat so we can get more of a complete showing of GD coaches.

If you voted before - please vote again here.

If you want a specific world (worlds) give an opinion of which one.

Votes: 64
(Last vote received: 2/23/2014 6:52 PM)
2/13/2014 11:03 AM
HELL YEAH!

2/13/2014 11:15 AM
Why would anyone take a bad team with low vision versus others with better players and a huge recruiting advantage? Don't get snarky, just askin'. If you could start everyone off with SIM players and the same vision the best coaches would get sorted out pretty quickly.
2/13/2014 12:17 PM
Posted by moreron on 2/13/2014 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Why would anyone take a bad team with low vision versus others with better players and a huge recruiting advantage? Don't get snarky, just askin'. If you could start everyone off with SIM players and the same vision the best coaches would get sorted out pretty quickly.
Thats why this is easier said then done. Players in this so called world who have built teams would have to agree to abandon them. If not, why would anyone want to come into a world at such a disadvantage for just one season.
Back in the day when they opened new worlds they would fill up fast because;
A: people wanted to grab top D3 locations
B: grab a talented sim so they could move up divisions
2/13/2014 2:17 PM
I know that some coaches have more fun rebuilding a team, but I'm not one of them LOL
2/13/2014 2:44 PM
We had a full dIii in Yost only 2 or 3 seasons back and the league is worse as a result. Reason being many players didn't draft so ended up with complete garbage. These are still going through the system so there is a bigger imbalance than normal
2/13/2014 3:06 PM
Thats because the full was from a free promotion. A full world of comitted owners is 1000 times better then what is being offered now. "The good ole days" had close to full worlds and it was competitive.

If I was WIS I bite the bullet and reboot GD. Close all existing worlds, and start over at the new level of demand, spitballing here, 4 worlds.
2/13/2014 3:25 PM
Posted by usfbully on 2/13/2014 3:25:00 PM (view original):
Thats because the full was from a free promotion. A full world of comitted owners is 1000 times better then what is being offered now. "The good ole days" had close to full worlds and it was competitive.

If I was WIS I bite the bullet and reboot GD. Close all existing worlds, and start over at the new level of demand, spitballing here, 4 worlds.
+++++++++1
2/13/2014 3:28 PM
I'd be down with that. Give everyone a free season so you don't **** to many people off.
2/13/2014 4:12 PM
What if WIS consolidated? I'm sure there would be enough members for two worlds. If you want to keep your teams, go to one world. All the "hotshots" would be playing each other then. If you want to start fresh, go to another. Put all the newbies in the second world. The only two choices you have. Screw the sims. Not too many are busting down the doors to play GD any way.
2/13/2014 4:14 PM
I'm all for consolidating to a couple worlds or closing all the current ones and opening brand new worlds. But I'm down to try to fill an existing world up as is I think Yost is the best bet we've  a pretty competitive conference as is with cowboytrout, polabonez, klamfoth, myself and respectheau.
2/13/2014 4:38 PM
I have 3 seasons sitting on my 717 account and it is certainly a consideration. I'm also waiting for my current season in warner to end and to see what else comes up before I make a decision. I don't have much desire to start a D3 rebuild though at this point, what with my future in the game uncertain anyway. I'm more likely to take a 1A job or at the least a 1AA job.
2/13/2014 6:08 PM
I will add that at this point I concur that world closings should happen. I would prefer that all worlds are closed and 3 or 4 new ones are opened in there place, about a week apart for each new world to open. Give coaches 1 free season for each team they lose in the closing worlds seems fair to me. I also would not allow any owner to have more than 1 or 2 teams to start out with so that everyone that wants a team would be able to get one. After 3 or 4 seasons guys could then start to grab more teams. All coaches would start out in D3 just as it is now.

Its no fun being outnumbered by sims 2 to 1 and for them at this point to be on equal grounds with the humans. At this point I am fine with my only world closing. If it means the prospect of a better playing environment.

2/13/2014 6:16 PM
WIS is insane for not closing these worlds. Not even this new engine revived interest. I was in Yost season 2 and the race to the top, to 1A's and the to elites was a blast to watch even though I wasn't in the running.

New worlds would create a huge buzz for a year or more.

2/13/2014 6:31 PM
Love the idea of a full reboot...
2/13/2014 6:40 PM
12 Next ▸
Would you be involved in a totally human world? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.