Terrible Logic in Overtime (Playoff Loss Results) Topic

Florida A&M lost in Overtime because on 4th down the game decided to go for it instead of kicking the game winning FG an easy 34 yd attempt. See for yourself Ovterime 1 is what to look at it other team threw an interception.

http://whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/PlayByPlay.aspx?gid=4645546&quarter=4

2/13/2014 2:00 PM
I saw that JF I think it might have been because of the setting, if it was set at run the clock that affects the Game. The logic need to be tweaked on that, make it a No brainier to kick.  
2/13/2014 7:57 PM
jfootballdaleearnhardtjrsnumber, it is pretty simple to see the real problem here.  Failure to properly gameplan.  

As you can clearly see, on 3rd down, in the 1st OT, you inexplicably threw a SHORT pass from a RUNNING formation, into a PASSING defense that was set up to stop the pass.   If you had properly gameplanned for this situation, you would have won the game.  In this situation, your QB should have called "Omaha" three times, than ran the double reverse, fake statue of liberty, flea flicker to the TE waiting in the left corner of the endzone, completely wide open, because the defense was playing cover medium, which means that the 3 CBs were only covering your 2WRs, leaving the 2 LBs to cover both RBs and the TE.  See how simple?

This is not a problem witht the engine.  Clearly user error.

OFF: I-Formation    DEF: Nickel

Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Medium. David Parker takes the snap and drops back to pass. The defense is starting to get pressure on Parker. The defense has heavy pressure on Parker. Parker rolls out of the pocket. The defense has heavy pressure on Parker. Santiago (Long,Wilkerson,Gutierrez) is covered at the EIU 6 (Long). Parker throws to Thompson (Harris) at the EIU 17 (Short). Pass is thrown behind Thompson. Incomplete.

2/14/2014 8:13 AM
You're clearly not very smart or lack attention to detail. Firstly its not my team secondly why regardless of what you did or didn't do on 3rd down why wouldn't you kick a field goal? Harrisdumbasswishbonehopeful ?
2/14/2014 3:48 PM
Did you actually read the whole comment?  Or perhaps my attempt at satire was a poor one.  (I admit that I did not look to see whose team it was)
2/14/2014 7:04 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 2/14/2014 8:13:00 AM (view original):
jfootballdaleearnhardtjrsnumber, it is pretty simple to see the real problem here.  Failure to properly gameplan.  

As you can clearly see, on 3rd down, in the 1st OT, you inexplicably threw a SHORT pass from a RUNNING formation, into a PASSING defense that was set up to stop the pass.   If you had properly gameplanned for this situation, you would have won the game.  In this situation, your QB should have called "Omaha" three times, than ran the double reverse, fake statue of liberty, flea flicker to the TE waiting in the left corner of the endzone, completely wide open, because the defense was playing cover medium, which means that the 3 CBs were only covering your 2WRs, leaving the 2 LBs to cover both RBs and the TE.  See how simple?

This is not a problem witht the engine.  Clearly user error.

OFF: I-Formation    DEF: Nickel

Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Medium. David Parker takes the snap and drops back to pass. The defense is starting to get pressure on Parker. The defense has heavy pressure on Parker. Parker rolls out of the pocket. The defense has heavy pressure on Parker. Santiago (Long,Wilkerson,Gutierrez) is covered at the EIU 6 (Long). Parker throws to Thompson (Harris) at the EIU 17 (Short). Pass is thrown behind Thompson. Incomplete.

I know exactly who you sound like Bill. LOL
2/14/2014 7:27 PM
I get a little crazy sometimes Harris my apologies no need to insult you...
2/14/2014 8:05 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 2/14/2014 8:05:00 PM (view original):
Thats what I figured......but I'm "offended".  Who do I complain to?  LOL
2/14/2014 8:25 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 2/14/2014 8:25:00 PM (view original):
Thats what I figured......but I'm "offended".  Who do I complain to?  LOL
I know a guy that knows a guy that will keep everything VERY quiet  . . . .
2/14/2014 9:53 PM
I appreciate the sentiment Jfootball88  .  It frustrated me to no end.   I probably shouldnt of had OT set to aggressive which was an over sight of mine. but still game logic should always be to kick a game winning field goal.

The engine should of fired me immediately.  going for it instead of a game winning field goal is begging to be fired LOL.   Its like I was Les Miles having a stroke
2/14/2014 11:32 PM
Bump
2/15/2014 12:12 AM
bj you on the other hand s*ck harder than anyone. Forum Troll^^^ Bump
2/15/2014 12:22 AM
Posted by shonmurphy20 on 2/14/2014 11:32:00 PM (view original):
I appreciate the sentiment Jfootball88  .  It frustrated me to no end.   I probably shouldnt of had OT set to aggressive which was an over sight of mine. but still game logic should always be to kick a game winning field goal.

The engine should of fired me immediately.  going for it instead of a game winning field goal is begging to be fired LOL.   Its like I was Les Miles having a stroke
Am I missing something?  There is no aggressiveness setting in OT.  At least not on my gameplanning page......
2/15/2014 5:21 AM
Game Plan - Offensive - Fourth Down
2/15/2014 6:41 AM
Posted by polarsi on 2/15/2014 6:41:00 AM (view original):
Game Plan - Offensive - Fourth Down
For OVERTIME, that setting does not exist.

No condition setting, No clock management, no Fourth Down.
2/15/2014 10:41 AM
12 Next ▸
Terrible Logic in Overtime (Playoff Loss Results) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.