Do alot of people stay at lower levels because they have success? Is it just because of the success or are they afraid to move up? I have been wondering what is the point of not moving up to D1 when a good team comes open?
3/10/2014 11:44 AM
My goal is always to coach at my Alma Mater, so I wouldn't leave 1AA.
3/10/2014 11:53 AM
I have decided to stay at lower levels because I really dislike the recruiting of GD above about DII. Sending 10 - 25 CV out is not realistic, and it is a pain to do.
3/10/2014 11:53 AM
Posted by 0bigzeke0 on 3/10/2014 11:53:00 AM (view original):
I have decided to stay at lower levels because I really dislike the recruiting of GD above about DII. Sending 10 - 25 CV out is not realistic, and it is a pain to do.
Is recruiting that much harder in higher levels?
3/10/2014 12:20 PM
Posted by letchkins on 3/10/2014 11:53:00 AM (view original):
My goal is always to coach at my Alma Mater, so I wouldn't leave 1AA.
That is the only reason I could see for not trying to go D1.
3/10/2014 12:21 PM
I think eventually I'll get to D1 but right now my focus is on learning the game. I'm still in the mode where I realize pretty significant errors that I'm making. Still tweaking things constantly and learning a lot about the game and engine. I figure there's no better place to do so than D3.

Don't get me wrong, I'm always eager to make a jump at the end of the year but I think it would be difficult for me to really get a lot out of the process without spending some time recruiting my own kids and seeing them through.

I also really like the playoffs. That's a serious turn-off thinking about my future time in D1.
3/10/2014 12:55 PM
I had moved to 1AA in version 2.0, but scaled back to one team at DIII when 3.0 launched. Plan to go no higher than DII until v3.0 gets fully implemented and stabilizes.
3/10/2014 1:03 PM
Does anybody know or have an idea of how to compare a team vs the opponent, in general that is? For example when you compare team A's off line vs Team B's Def line, how does blocking get figured into the equation? Its obvious that you can compare strength to strength but other than that it seems like its a lost cause. any advice?
3/10/2014 1:38 PM
Posted by thinair on 3/10/2014 12:55:00 PM (view original):
I think eventually I'll get to D1 but right now my focus is on learning the game. I'm still in the mode where I realize pretty significant errors that I'm making. Still tweaking things constantly and learning a lot about the game and engine. I figure there's no better place to do so than D3.

Don't get me wrong, I'm always eager to make a jump at the end of the year but I think it would be difficult for me to really get a lot out of the process without spending some time recruiting my own kids and seeing them through.

I also really like the playoffs. That's a serious turn-off thinking about my future time in D1.
I see your point there. I'm still trying to figure out what formations I want to run, how to make playbooks and game plans. Plus I have to build my loyalty back up which looks like it will take a while to do.
3/10/2014 1:59 PM
My favorite level for recruiting is D2.  You have more options.  At IAA, it's frustrating when a 1-A swoops down and takes away your top recruits.  D3, for me, is pretty much recruiting within 500 miles of my campus, with less ability to strategize picking off star recruits from SIMs and undecideds outside of your area.   Curious if any one else has this take on D2.
3/10/2014 8:43 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 3/10/2014 1:38:00 PM (view original):
Does anybody know or have an idea of how to compare a team vs the opponent, in general that is? For example when you compare team A's off line vs Team B's Def line, how does blocking get figured into the equation? Its obvious that you can compare strength to strength but other than that it seems like its a lost cause. any advice?
I usually compare Blocking + Tech (OL) vs Ath + Tech (DL) in addition to strength.
3/10/2014 8:43 PM
nuclearves, I agree that recruiting is most fun in D2. Enough $ to recruit nationally at least somewhat, and you're competing only against your level. 
3/10/2014 11:29 PM
I like that D2 has more money and you can recruit nationally.   I dislike how slowly players improve at D2.  Even when they're high potential/high WE
3/11/2014 7:50 AM
Posted by jsduke1488 on 3/10/2014 12:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 0bigzeke0 on 3/10/2014 11:53:00 AM (view original):
Is recruiting that much harder in higher levels?
D1A is where it is at. The top coaches are there and it is very competitive. Recruiting can be cutthroat as well, however, since world populations are down it isn't quite as difficult as before.
3/11/2014 9:19 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.