Am I the only person that thinks that everyone should just stay at DIV3 forever so we get more human filled worlds? I personally see absolutely no point in ever moving up to DIV 2 or higher under any circumstance when the worlds are filled with SIMS. In either case I prefer to just stick with a team and coach them forever.
4/8/2014 2:37 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 4/8/2014 1:55:00 PM (view original):
-D(ouche)-Dingo-That's the irony is that you clearly have been site mailing those guys since they came in and had to stand up for you. But none the less I'm not touting or forcing my offense on anyone it's being asked about daily by different users. So if you want to hate go make your own post I'm sure you'll get SOO MUCH attention with your highly touted coaching knowledge and abilitity. REMEMBER you came here attacking me, all I did was stand up for myself, and all I'm trying to do is is help new users something your old cranky, senile, introverted self wouldn't do. So move along now Dumdingo, move along stop trolling my posts...
Air Raid Offense aka "How to Avoid the Annoyance of being Bowl-Eligible at the end of a D-1 season" while still passing for 5000 yards.  Maybe you need to remember that you started the entire ishstorm by running your mouth on the WAC conference forum before you played your first game.  I'm simply bringing the freakshow to the forum because frankly a guy with such a horrible D-1 record has no business "teaching" anyone how to play the game.  Let me repeat -- you have SIX wins over two full seasons in a conference with 7 SIMAI teams.  You led San Jose State to the #97 ranking out of 120 teams in D-1 in your first season (3-10 record).  You followed that campaign finishing #107 with another 3-10 record.  You were the worst ranked human coach in Stagg D-1.  No human coached team finished with a worse ranking than your team after two seasons of your system.

Through four games, your starting D-1 QB has completed less than 45% of his passes.  I'm no expert but year 3 of the Air Raid in D-1 looks like it should be a rousing success.
4/8/2014 4:02 PM
Posted by curtains on 4/8/2014 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Am I the only person that thinks that everyone should just stay at DIV3 forever so we get more human filled worlds? I personally see absolutely no point in ever moving up to DIV 2 or higher under any circumstance when the worlds are filled with SIMS. In either case I prefer to just stick with a team and coach them forever.
Only speaking for myself but I would rather stab myself in the face than play this game at the D3 level.  Compete at the highest possible level -- always.
4/8/2014 4:10 PM
Posted by ddingo on 4/8/2014 4:10:00 PM (view original):
Only speaking for myself but I would rather stab myself in the face than play this game at the D3 level.  Compete at the highest possible level -- always.
So what your saying is, there's a chance? :)
4/8/2014 4:24 PM
I can't wait to beat your ignorat dumb@ss this year and only complete 35% of my passes. Clearly logic has been replaced with emotion you're like a PMSing woman. The fact is year I was 3-10 my first 2 seasons with a SIM AI squad but this season I could very well win the WAC Title in my 3rd season with a lot of other human coaches in the West. In reality my team is on par with yours yet....I still have SIMS on my team in my opinion that's pathetic...and in a couple of seasons my team will be far superior than yours so just keep running your mouth and see where that gets you
4/8/2014 5:22 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 4/8/2014 5:22:00 PM (view original):
I can't wait to beat your ignorat dumb@ss this year and only complete 35% of my passes. Clearly logic has been replaced with emotion you're like a PMSing woman. The fact is year I was 3-10 my first 2 seasons with a SIM AI squad but this season I could very well win the WAC Title in my 3rd season with a lot of other human coaches in the West. In reality my team is on par with yours yet....I still have SIMS on my team in my opinion that's pathetic...and in a couple of seasons my team will be far superior than yours so just keep running your mouth and see where that gets you
OK, I will open by the fact that I find the way you have decided to win being so different extremely interesting.

In a similar fashion, I am looking to straight pass out of the NDB and recruit to that purpose only on my return, which is what I am working on at DII. The one difference I have always had with ddingo is that I hate that DIA doesn't have playoffs, in real life and this game, so I went to DII on my return. That said, I understand it is lesser competition there.

However, you are in your third year at San Jose St which had previously had 4 straight SIM years. Four games into your third year, you are a combined 9-21.

You are arguing against ddingo, who is in his fifth year at a different WAC program after that WAC program, Fresno St, was coming off four straight SIM seasons. Ignoring what he has done in the past, or since his first two years at Fresno, in those first two years, he was a combined 21-8 with 2 Bowl appearances and a conference championship. (He went 13-2 and played in the Rose Bowl in year 3).

I get it, you are a hotshot, up-and-coming coach. You didn't stumble into ye ole average WAC coach, though. ddingo is, was and always will be as good as advertised. And I haven't exchanged a sitemail with him in over five years.

4/8/2014 5:45 PM
I think airraiddevil might have a trademark on that offense name...
4/8/2014 6:59 PM
If everyone just stayed at DIV 3, it would be the highest level and filled with humans instead of SIM AI's everywhere. The only difference is the numbers next to the players names, it's not like the game actually changes.
4/8/2014 7:04 PM
Let's get back to strategy..

jfootball: How do you boost all of your young guys' Work Ethics so much? Do you just start all of them or something? I notice theirs are all going up while your seniors and juniors WE are all going down.

4/8/2014 7:16 PM
Everyone wants to talk about my D-1 record but that's not the point. I could have ran a different offense and won more games my first two seasons. But that's not the point the point was to develop a NICHE offense that teams can't game plan for but have to recruit to play against and that is one KEY to running a Spread Offense that focres teams to play all of their DB's. Hence why Ddingo hasn't won anything worth while like a Bowl game...His team is easy to play against and gameplan against. No need to recruit to play him, he uses basic formations.
4/8/2014 7:16 PM
Posted by curtains on 4/8/2014 7:04:00 PM (view original):
If everyone just stayed at DIV 3, it would be the highest level and filled with humans instead of SIM AI's everywhere. The only difference is the numbers next to the players names, it's not like the game actually changes.
That's false. The gameplay/engine doesn't change, but the dynamics and strategies of recruiting are completely different. It's MUCH harder to be successful at almost any D1A school than it is in the lower levels due to BCS conferences and especially elites. 

Why not have everyone go to D1, then when that is filled, fill the next subsequent levels? You won't fill a world at D3, just a level. And many people pay because they want the chance to coach a team they actually care about (the majority of the time a top FBS program).
4/8/2014 8:05 PM
Because D1 is annoying due to the bowl system and the fact that it takes 10 seasons to egt there :)
4/8/2014 8:30 PM
One thing is for sure.  jfootballdaleearnhardtjrsnumber is an equal opportunity pisser-offer.  He'll tangle with anyone.  LOL
4/8/2014 10:11 PM
SO recruiting is what is different at higher levels.  Not the actual game.  So coaches saying Jfootball's strategy is only a div 3 anomaly aren't really making sense.  His game settings are what the topic is about, not his recruiting ability, although he obviously would need the later for the former to work. 

Hey if people want to shut him up, come on over to Yost.  More competitive coaches in the div 3 ranks would be welcome!!!   
4/8/2014 10:13 PM
Div 3 Yost where EVERYONE get's a shot to kick the sh*t out of my team or D-1 Stagg where you can actually kick the sh*t out of my SIM-AI team
4/8/2014 10:43 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.