How many seasons at D1 AA  before you can move up? Or if someone can check me out and let me know if I have a chance.
7/22/2014 4:19 PM
Possibly after this season you would be eligible but it may take another season.  Your getting close.  I am thinking its around 80 wins or several CC's on the resume.
7/22/2014 4:32 PM
Posted by dbrc on 7/22/2014 4:19:00 PM (view original):
How many seasons at D1 AA  before you can move up? Or if someone can check me out and let me know if I have a chance.
You only had 3 seasons at DII with so-so results, and have only 1 in D1AA.  You'll probably need at least two. possibly three more seasons.  At the coaching change period, just take a look at the open D1A jobs to see if you're qualified (no guarantee that you'd get the job, though).
7/22/2014 5:37 PM (edited)
When job application rolls around, you will be eligible for any 1A job that states you are "Qualified". You will get any job for which you apply, as long as someone else with better credentials does not apply for the same job.
7/22/2014 11:45 PM
Posted by ez37 on 7/22/2014 11:45:00 PM (view original):
When job application rolls around, you will be eligible for any 1A job that states you are "Qualified". You will get any job for which you apply, as long as someone else with better credentials does not apply for the same job.
Not true.  Qualified means you're qualified to apply for the job, there's no guarantee you'll get it even if you're the only one applying.
7/23/2014 12:18 PM
is this true?  has anyone ever been denied a job they were qualified for and it stayed sim even though it was the only school they applied to?
7/23/2014 2:58 PM
I don't think you will be qualified for any job at D1. Reason being this is your first season with the 1AA team plus it's was an all sim team. Had you got a good all human team, you would qualify for a non BCS school after next season, but you may qualify for an all sim D1 non BCS school after your second season in 1AA if you lead them to a CC or a playoff run.
7/23/2014 4:32 PM
Posted by bobprobert on 7/23/2014 2:58:00 PM (view original):
is this true?  has anyone ever been denied a job they were qualified for and it stayed sim even though it was the only school they applied to?
Yes, it's happened to me on several occasions, the latest being this season in Rockne.  I was qualified for the Florida Atlantic job, applied, was denied, and the school is still SIM.

I didn't apply to Cal Poly until after I was denied the Florida Atlantic job.
7/23/2014 5:41 PM
Posted by mgm0461 on 7/23/2014 5:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bobprobert on 7/23/2014 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Yes, it's happened to me on several occasions, the latest being this season in Rockne.  I was qualified for the Florida Atlantic job, applied, was denied, and the school is still SIM.

I didn't apply to Cal Poly until after I was denied the Florida Atlantic job.
It happened to me too at the school that I am at now. I was passed up at PITT, it stayed a SIM and the next season it picked me up as the coach.
7/24/2014 12:16 AM
Posted by mgm0461 on 7/23/2014 12:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ez37 on 7/22/2014 11:45:00 PM (view original):
Not true.  Qualified means you're qualified to apply for the job, there's no guarantee you'll get it even if you're the only one applying.
I stand corrected, and appreciate the info. I had never run into that situation, nor heard of it happening before.
If they already tell you that you are qualified, you would think that WIS would prefer a human coach (at any level) to a SIM.
BUT, there we go, putting logic where logic is due which, of course, is illogical!.
7/24/2014 8:45 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.