Lack of response from WIS customer service Topic

Today is the one month anniversary of an emergency ticket I submitted during halftime of my last playoff game. The engine took my "With 2 minutes or less, with a lead, run the clock" game plan and decided that with a lead and one minute left, I should start calling time outs. I saved so much time that my opponent was able to get the ball back and kick a field goal as time expired.
Fast forward to the end of the game, and I'm down by 6 with time running out, but with the ball inside the 20, I have to go for it on 4th down, instead of being able to tie the game with a FG and go to OT.
I'm not so much griping about the result (since I sent the ticket in at halftime) and I can understand how they didn't have enough time to review it to see if it was a glitch or not before the 2nd half processed, but to have a blatant mis-call like that reported AND NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE THE TICKET is the height of poor customer service. Oriole, next time just e-mail me a picture of your middle finger and it won't annoy me this much.

8/11/2014 2:53 PM
I ran into a similar issue back in February, thankfully in an exhibition game rather than the playoffs.

We're approaching the 6-month mark without a response.
8/11/2014 3:15 PM
Send in another seperate ticket. This one stating your displeasure and threaten them to drop teams. That's what I had to do to get one answered. I did however follow through with my threat and have dropped two teams but someone did answer that ticket and the other one I sent in.
8/11/2014 5:02 PM
Same old s()t. Different day.
8/11/2014 7:48 PM
Apparently WIS can't produce a product that users are satisfied with except the first version. At one time several months ago oriole was active in the forums and now nowhere to be found. Customer service must be cleaned out with positions to fill, or there has been power outages in India. It seems kind of odd to me that CS wont answer specific tickets, is it possible they just don't understand the game engine and cant answer? I really tend to think now the original " oriole" has abandoned ship.
8/12/2014 9:40 AM
UPDATE: After over a month of my ticket sitting in the "In Progress" pile, I took jibe's advice and submitted a followup ticket. WIS promptly send me an automated response, and changed the status of THAT one to "In Progress". The more things change, the more they stay the same...
8/19/2014 11:04 AM
I wasn't here before 3.0 but see a lot of folks say 1.0 was the best.  Would you go back to 1.0 if WIS gave you a choice?
8/22/2014 1:45 PM
no way
8/22/2014 3:04 PM
Mine has done the same thing and that is also the reason I sent in tickets and they have yet to respond. It hasn't caused me a game yet, but it could.
8/22/2014 10:31 PM
I sent in a ticket and it was resolved in 24 hours, but it had to do with money/credit.  I believe they responded because this is something they could actually resolve.

How would the OP like to see WIS respond to your ticket?  They can't go back and change a game, right?
8/23/2014 9:24 AM
Nah, I just want to know how to set a game plan that will run the way I want it to. Did it call those timeouts because of something set wrong within my game plan, or was it the engine doing a brain fart? If there is some way to avoid losing a game that way in the future, I'd like to know how. A response as basic as "The engine shouldn't have done that, but we don't know why. As soon as we figure it out, we'll let you know" would be satisfactory. To tell the truth, I'd like it best if they said "It happened because your game plan said (insert incorrect game plan setting here). Change that, and it won't happen again.", because that way I could keep it from happening. As it is, I don't know if it was my fault or the engine's fault, so I don't know if or when it will happen again. IMHO, you can screw up a game plan fastest by trying to fix things that can't really be fixed.
8/23/2014 3:52 PM
Lack of response from WIS customer service Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.