Has anyone ever compiled a list of what each attribute does position by position?

What I mean is for a qb ath does this, spd does this etc. for a rb ath does this spd does this and so forth.
9/27/2014 11:11 AM
Following from GD Faq's.  Think of it as a general guide because I think it might be an old list from a previous version of GD. Not sure ?
Position Most Important Secondary
QB TECH, GI, STR ELU, SPD, ATH
RB ELU, SPD, STR ATH, GI, HND
FB BLK, STR ATH, ELU
WR HND, ELU, SPD, GI ATH, TECH
TE BLK, GI, STR HND, ATH, TECH
OL GI, BLK, STR TECH, ATH
DL TKL, STR, GI TECH, ATH, SPD
LB TKL, GI, STR TECH, ATH, SPD
DB ATH, TKL, SPD STR, ELU, GI, TECH
K TECH, STR GI
P TECH, STR GI
9/27/2014 11:28 AM (edited)
I'm familiar with that, what I was thinking was something more like this

Qb: ath big plays, spd ability to outrun defenders, due we and stamina are self explanatory, str how far they can throw, gi ability to read a def, elu ability to break tackles and avoid sacks, tech completion percentage

Something like that, but more accurate and in depth for each position.
9/27/2014 11:49 AM
QB- TEC: ABILITY TO THROW THE BALL TO A SPOT WHERE ONLY THE WR CAN CATCH THE BALL AND NOT THE DEFENDER, GI: THE ABILITY TO READ THE DEFENSE TO KNOW WHERE IT IS RUSHING THE QB OR PLAYING COVER, STR: THE ABILITY TO THROW THE BALL DOWN FIELD OR HARD ENOUGH ON A SHORT PASS TO GET IT TO THE WR BEFORE THE DEFENDER GETS THERE, ELU: THE ABILITY TO SCRAMBLE AND AVOID SACKS, SPD: THE ABILITY TO OUT RUN A DEFENDER, ATH: THE ABILITY TO MOVE AROUND LIKE A JOHNNY MANZIEL TYPE QB.

RB- ELU: THE ABILITY TO ELUDE THE DEFENDER AND AVOID TACKLES, SPD: THE ABILITY TO GET TO THE OUTSIDE ON A RUN PLAY TO GET PAST THE FIRST LEVEL OF THE DEFENSE AND POSSIBLY OUTRUN THE DEFENSE TO SCORE. STR: THE ABILITY TO POWER UP THE MIDDLE AND PUSH BACK THE DEFENDER TO GET THAT EXTRA YARD OR TWO, ATH: THE ABILITY TO JUKE MOVES ON THE DEFENSE (KIND OF THE SAME AS ELU), GI: THE ABILITY TO READ THE DEFENSE AND SEE IF THERE ARE ANY HOLES OPENED UP ON THE LINE TO GET THAT EXTRA YARDAGE, HND: THE ABILITY TO CATCH PASSES AND HOLD ON TO THE BALL WHEN BEING TACKLED (IF A RB HAD LOW HND HE COULD FUMBLE MORE OFTEN THAN A RB WITH HIGH HND)

WR- HND: THE ABILITY TO CATCH AND HOLD ON TO THE BALL WHEN BEING TACKLED, ELU: THE ABILITY TO ELUDE DEFENDERS AND AVOID TACKLES, SPD: THE ABILITY TO OUTRUN THE DBS THAT COVER THEM TO GET OPEN ON PASSING PLAYS, GI THE ABILITY TO READ THE DEFENSE AND WHERE THE DBS ARE PLAYING TO RUN THEIR ROUTES, ATH: THE ABILITY TO GET OPEN WHEN BEING COVERED BY A DEFENDER, TECH: THE ABILITY TO CATCH THE BALL IN BOUNDS OR GET ONE FOOT IN ON A RECEPTION

TE- BLK: SPEAKS FOR ITSELF, GI: THE ABILITY TO READ DEFENDERS AND THEIR PLACEMENT ON THE FIELD. ALSO TO READ IF A DEFENSE IS BLITZING OR DROPPING INTO COVERAGE, STR: THE ABILITY TO HOLD THEIR BLOCK LONG ENOUGH TO GIVE THE QB TIME TO MAKE HIS READS AND GET THE PASS OFF,	HND: THE ABILITY TO CATCH AND HOLD ON TO THE BALL, ATH: THE ABILITY TO GET OPEN WHEN BEING COVERED BY A DEFENDER, TECH: THE ABILITY TO CATCH THE BALL IN BOUNDS OR GET ONE FOOT IN ON A RECEPTION

OL- GI THE ABILITY TO READ DEFENSES ON IF AND WHO IS BLITZING THEY NEED TO PICK UP THE BLK ON, BLK: SPEAKS FOR ITSELF, STR: THE ABILITY TO HOLD THE BLOCK LONG ENOUGH TO GIVE THE QB TIME TO PASS, TECH: ABILITY TO BLOCK AND ALSO HOLD THEIR BLOCK AND NOT BE CALLED FOR HOLDING OR OFFSIDE PENALTIES, ATH: THE ABILITY TO ME MOBILE TO STAY WITH A QUICK DEFENDER

DL- TKL: SPEAKS FOR ITSELF, STR: THE ABILITY TO PUSH THE OL BACK IN THE BACKFIELD TO GET TO THE QB, GI: THE ABILITY TO READ PASS OR RUN AND INSIDE OR OUTSIDE RUNS,	TECH: THE ABILITY TO SPIN, SWIM MOVE TO GET PAST THE BLOCKER, ATH: THE ABILITY TO BE MOBILE AND GET PAST A BLOCK, SPD: THE ABILITY TO GET PAST A OL BEFORE HE GETS UP AND SET FOR HIS BLOCKING AND ALSO RUN DOWN THE OFFENSIVE PLAYER TO MAKE THE TKL

LB- TKL: SPEAKS FOR ITSELF, GI: THE ABILITY TO READ PASS OR RUN AND INSIDE OR OUTSIDE RUNS,	TECH: THE ABILITY TO SPIN, SWIM MOVE TO GET PAST THE BLOCKER, STR: THE ABILITY TO HOLD ON TO THE OFFENSIVE PLAYER TO BRING HIM DOWN DURING THE TKL, TECH: THE ABILITY TO SPIN, SWIM MOVE TO GET PAST THE BLOCKER, ATH: THE ABILITY TO BE MOBILE AND GET PAST A BLOCK, SPD: THE ABILITY TO GET PAST A OL BEFORE HE GETS UP AND SET FOR HIS BLOCKING AND ALSO RUN DOWN THE OFFENSIVE PLAYER TO MAKE THE TKL

DB- ATH THE ABILITY TO STAY WITH THE WR HE IS COVERING, TKL: ABILITY TO TKL THE OFFENSIVE PLAYER WITH THE BALL, SPD: THE ABILITY TO STAY STEP WITH STEP TO THE WR ON HIS ROUTE, STR: THE ABILITY TO BRING DOWN THE BIGGER OFFENSIVE BALL CARRIERS, ELU: THE ABILITY TO ELUDE A BLOCK TO GET TO THE BALL CARRIER, GI: THE ABILITY TO READ IF THE PLAY IS A PASS OR RUN, TECH: THE ABILITY TO MAKE THE PLAY

K- TECH: THE ABILITY TO KICK THE BALL IN THE DIRECTION IT NEEDS TO TRAVEL FOR A FG, STR: THE ABILITY TO KICK LONG FGS AND KICK THE BALL DEEP FOR A TOUCHBACK, GI: THE ABILITY TO KNOW HOW HARD TO KICK THE BALL AND THE DISTANCE THE FG IS

P- TECH: THE ABILITY TO PUNT THE BALL TO PIN THE OPPONENT INSIDE THEIR OWN REDZONE (COFFIN CORNER), STR: THE ABILITY TO PUNT THE BALL AT A LONG DISTANCE, GI: THE ABILITY TO READ IF THE DEFENSE IS BLITZING TO BLOCK THE PUNT

THIS ALL SHOULD BE PRETTY CLOSE. JUST NOTE TECH AND FORMATION IQ IS IMPORTANT FOR ALL POSITIONS FOR PENALTIES. THE HIGHER THE TEC AND IQ THE LESS THERE SHOULD BE PENALTIES
9/27/2014 10:37 PM (edited)
Posted by cfbfan18 on 9/27/2014 12:51:00 PM (view original):
QB- TEC: ABILITY TO THROW THE BALL TO A SPOT WHERE ONLY THE WR CAN CATCH THE BALL AND NOT THE DEFENDER, GI: THE ABILITY TO READ THE DEFENSE TO KNOW WHERE IT IS RUSHING THE QB OR PLAYING COVER, STR: THE ABILITY TO THROW THE BALL DOWN FIELD OR HARD ENOUGH ON A SHORT PASS TO GET IT TO THE WR BEFORE THE DEFENDER GETS THERE, ELU: THE ABILITY TO SCRAMBLE AND AVOID SACKS, SPD: THE ABILITY TO OUT RUN A DEFENDER, ATH: THE ABILITY TO MOVE AROUND LIKE A JOHNNY MANZIEL TYPE QB.

Will update the rest later heading out.
This is along the lines of what I was thinking but for each position. I'd like to see something like this and would give my input but I don't know that I have a g old enough grasp of the game yet to speak with with any certainty.
9/27/2014 1:08 PM
Great topic buzz!!

And GREAT post cfbfan!!!  Where did you get this info? This should be Page 2 of any recruiting guide(Page 1 being damauler12's original recruiting guide).

Thanks for the posts guys!! 
9/30/2014 8:07 PM
That is exactly what I was looking for. And it sheds light on some things that I wasn't correct on. Thanks!
10/1/2014 6:48 AM
Is this info factual, or just common sense. For example, I thought strength in qbs only came into play if they run. I was always under the impression that gi and technique were all that mattered when it came to completing the pass, plus elusiveness to avoid the rush. When did gd ever confirm these things? Or is it something you've tested and proven somehow with data.

Also, What is the difference between speed and ath in a db. They sound the same to me.
10/5/2014 3:54 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.