2nd team offense/defense... Topic

If anyone is winning big at the half, do they put in the lesser players to help them improve for the future?
12/6/2014 8:56 PM
It can be done but remember your first string still needs enough playing time to qualify for the start.  I have second stringers that play as low as 32% and get the start. I have seen it lower but I would not take a chance on lower.

So if your Starters are getting what ever % you can set it a little lower to get your Second string in enough %. You will have to play with it and don't forget to set it back when the game is over.

12/6/2014 9:05 PM
Yes, I do that if up by 35-40 pts in the 4th. However I limit it to all underclassmen, so if I have a talented starting FR or SO, I will still leave them in to get more playing time. I've had no problem with starters getting credit for the starts.
12/7/2014 12:28 AM
It would probably be wise to get in the habit of doing this before they turn injuries back on, but it can cost you big time if you don't do it correctly and then forget to switch back to your starters for the next game. The best way that I've found to do it that presents little or no chance of error is to create a Formation using only "User 1" players and a playbook that only utilizes that formation. Then all that you have to do is move all of your younger players into the User 1 column of your depth chart, select this playbook for use in a "Winning By" Game plan, and your good to go. If you set it to start at a 30+ point lead with 15min or less to go in the game I doubt that any of your starters would complain.
12/7/2014 1:25 AM
Posted by pete_61 on 12/7/2014 1:26:00 AM (view original):
It would probably be wise to get in the habit of doing this before they turn injuries back on, but it can cost you big time if you don't do it correctly and then forget to switch back to your starters for the next game. The best way that I've found to do it that presents little or no chance of error is to create a Formation using only "User 1" players and a playbook that only utilizes that formation. Then all that you have to do is move all of your younger players into the User 1 column of your depth chart, select this playbook for use in a "Winning By" Game plan, and your good to go. If you set it to start at a 30+ point lead with 15min or less to go in the game I doubt that any of your starters would complain.
I do this and it is definitely invaluable. This past season, almost every single player had an increase in WE, and I had the most average points increase out of any team in Rockne D1-AA. And I usually do it closer to 20+ point lead. I say get the underclassmen in as much and as early as possible - if they can't hold the lead and it goes under 20 points, your starters will just come back in anyway and put the game away.
12/7/2014 7:03 PM
I have a blowout line up that I use when way behind or way ahead (not often).  I also have seen increases across the board.
12/8/2014 2:59 PM
I created a "freshman" game plan that if up by enough they will play in the second and 4th quarters. That way I don't have to worry about switching them back out. Agian only really helps a lot if you are killing teams.
12/8/2014 4:29 PM
You may find this helpful:
www.gdreports.com/tutor/index.html
12/9/2014 11:25 AM
Im still in division III so i don't think i can set up the bigger things... id have to totally take out my starters....
12/9/2014 3:07 PM
I suggest using the "XX User" depth charts to put your subs in, and switch to a GP that uses those positions if you're up big. If you set as an optional GP, you can get the subs in when you're up in the 4th QTR, and if your lead evaporates, you'll default to your standard GP and depth charts.
12/9/2014 8:31 PM
thanks...
12/9/2014 8:59 PM
2nd team offense/defense... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.