Thoughts and feedback Topic

Since there is no fatigue or injuries in the 3.0 product, what is the thoughts of minimum Running Backs at the D2 level?
Votes: 29
(Last vote received: 12/22/2014 1:26 PM)
12/20/2014 9:16 AM
I mean I run 5 because I'm wanting to run a Wishbone with a few different looks, but for someone running a Trips and/or I... 2 or 3 at most.
12/20/2014 11:20 AM
My backups still get touches.  I try to carry 2 deep at RB and at FB since I run the I and NDB.
12/20/2014 11:32 AM
I like to have at least 2 players for each position in whatever formation I am running.
12/20/2014 11:38 AM
Really depends on which formation you run and how you run it.
12/20/2014 11:45 AM
Agree with what's been posted already but I like having some younger guys on my roster who I can get into blowout games so that when I need them to start they're cores are better than a true fr.
12/20/2014 1:27 PM
If you only use 2-3 spots for RB, where are you deploying the extra roster openings?

Ultimately, if you want to win national titles, you can't do it with important spots occupied by FR/SO, no matter the position. So, depth at any one position has to account for both how many you need to win today and what you need to do to ensure you have a roster than can compete for titles tomorrow.
12/20/2014 6:11 PM
I run a mix of I-form and trips on offense. I could get by with an offensive roster of 2 QBs, 2-3 RBs, 2 TE, 4-5 WR and 6-8 OL. I carry more than that because I want to win tomorrow too.
12/20/2014 6:15 PM
Posted by helgi on 12/20/2014 6:12:00 PM (view original):
If you only use 2-3 spots for RB, where are you deploying the extra roster openings?

Ultimately, if you want to win national titles, you can't do it with important spots occupied by FR/SO, no matter the position. So, depth at any one position has to account for both how many you need to win today and what you need to do to ensure you have a roster than can compete for titles tomorrow.
That's not entirely true.

Jacksonville State just won a national title in Wilkinson and only had three seniors starting. They also started 3 freshman and 5 sophomores.

12/20/2014 6:20 PM
I don't think helgi was saying you can never win with underclassmen starting, but it's just much harder, especially if you're matching up to a senior heavy team.
12/21/2014 10:53 AM
Posted by chetty1963 on 12/21/2014 10:53:00 AM (view original):
I don't think helgi was saying you can never win with underclassmen starting, but it's just much harder, especially if you're matching up to a senior heavy team.
I think this is correct.  Nothing is "impossible" in this game...just levels of difficulty.

I did not answer the poll, but my thoughts are this:

While you can get by with only ONE  ball carrier getting 40-50 touches a game...you really need to have a full depth chart, spread out among classes, in order to get player growth for future.    So while you may only have your SR RB playing...you need that soph and frosh for the future
12/22/2014 9:23 AM
Thoughts and feedback Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.