Awesome job CJ!
8/15/2014 7:35 PM
Thanks Pete!
8/15/2014 11:17 PM
FYI, I left my laptop at my fiancés house and apparently, my desktop doesn't like the WIS discussion boards. So, I can't post logos from this computer. However, I WILL finish the conference previews tomorrow. Additionally, we'll be following the games of the week and any potential upsets.
8/15/2014 11:20 PM
Great work on all of this cjsweat
8/16/2014 12:25 AM

A former elite team resides in the SoCon, and axl8008 is looking to return the Chattanooga Mocs to elite status. A solid QB and receivers should allow for this passing attack to score plenty of points. In the East division, Appalachian State is looking to make a 5th consecutive trip to playoffs. Although, there doesn't seem to be a front-runner for the conference champion, there is plenty of competition. Wofford is ranked 17th according to Guess and East Tennessee State is just outside the top 25, at number 27. 

Conference Champion: Tennessee Chattanooga

2nd: Appalachian State

3rd: Wofford

4th: East Tennessee State

5th: Furman

8/16/2014 1:24 PM

In the past, the SWAC has been one of the more dominant conferences. However, this looks to be a very down year for this conference. MVSU is the clear front-runner, and a possible dark horse for the championship. Panthso is trying to return Grambling State to playoff form, after going 0-13 last season. This conference is good enough to produce 2-3 playoff teams, but Alcorn State's brutal schedule probably limits that number to one. MVSU should be able to roll through the conference, on their way to a 2nd consecutive conference championship. 

Conference Champion: MVSU

2nd: Grambling State

3rd: Liberty

4th: Prairie View

5th: Alcorn State

8/16/2014 1:30 PM

Several new coaches have come to the MEAC, in hopes of turning the conference around. However, for the next couple of seasons, things might be rough for the MEAC. johnmut takes over at NC A&T where he is looking to implement a pro-type offense. Humdogs is the newcomer at Morgan State and he's already landed a top 25 recruiting class, in just his first season. Additionally, perennial great, Florida A&M is probably in the middle of a rebuilding season. Despite all the negativity surrounding this conference, there is a possibility that they'll provide 2-3 playoff teams. 

Conference Champion: Florida A&M

2nd: Morgan State

3rd: NC A&T

4th: Duquesne 

5th: Hampton

8/16/2014 1:35 PM
This is some great read cj. I'm at the D1 level, but love reading what you have going on here.
8/16/2014 4:55 PM
Week 1 Review

Jacksonville, FL: The Dolphins were tested early and often in this top 10 match-up verse MVSU. The Delta Devils got off to a quick 14-0 start in the 1st quarter, after a big run from Miguel Richardson. Jacksonville stormed back early in the 3rd quarter, when John Wheeler returned the kick for a touchdown, giving the Dolphins a 21-17 lead. With 7:23 to go in the 4th quarter, the game was tied, until John Cotton connected with Miguel Richardson for a big play, giving the Delta Devils a touchdown lead. Before the game was over, akyarnell's squad was able to score again, and they pull off a big win; 45-31

Cedar Falls, IA:  At halftime, the Eagles had a comfortable 17-7 lead against Northern Iowa. But this pesky Panthers squad struck back with six minutes to go in the game, cutting Morehead State's lead to three. And it wasn't just the Panthers offense getting in on the comeback. The defense put up an excellent stand and forced Morehead State to a 3 and out, giving Northern Iowa the ball with plenty of time. With just 18 seconds to go, Peter Hebert hit a 30 yard field goal that sent this game to overtime. That's where the Panthers hope of a comeback ended. The first play of overtime was a Kevin Craft interception. 4 plays later, Jesus Meyer hit Michael Mayfield, giving the Eagles the thrilling win. 

Offensive Player of the Week:  Johnny Crawford - Colgate - 542 passing yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions. 81 rushing yards, 1 rushing touchdown. 

Defensive Player of the Week: Jason Watson - Coastal Carolina - 8 tackles, 1 sack, 2 safeties. 

8/16/2014 9:18 PM
CJ's Week 2 Power Ten

1. Jacksonville State Gamecocks

2. Sacramento State Hornets

3. Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils

4. Columbia Lions

5.Yale Bulldogs

6. Colgate Red Raiders

7. Jacksonville Dolphins

8.Georgetown Hoyas

9. Florida A&M Rattlers

10. Morehead State Eagles

On the cusps: Fordham, Villanova, UMass, Northern Iowa, Holy Cross

8/16/2014 9:48 PM
Week 2 Game of the Week

Jacksonville State vs MVSU

The Delta Devils find themselves back in a game of the week. After getting a big win against Jacksonville, MVSU will test their system against the best team in FCS football. It's been five seasons since Jacksonville State lost a game, five seasons. However, akyarnell's team is coming in hot and looking to knock off the elite Gamecocks. John Cotton is proving to be one of the best quarterbacks in FCS, after throwing for over 400 yards last week. On the other side, Jacksonville State's Robert Oakes ran for over 300 yards and 4 touchdowns. This should be a great game that could come down to the wire. 

Prediction: Jacksonville State 42 MVSU 38

8/16/2014 9:58 PM
Nice work CJ. I wish you were in D2 to see something like this done.
8/17/2014 9:07 AM
Thanks macdee! Feel free to join us in D1AA! 
8/17/2014 2:39 PM
Week 2 Review

Jacksonvilel, AL:  Possibly one of the biggest games of the season, and quite possibly a preview of a future playoff game, the Gamecocks played host to the MVSU Delta Devils. Pete61 must have known that today would be a huge game, as he had his team ready from the start. Just 5 minutes into the game, Joseph Nelson hit John Cole in the end-zone, giving the Gamecocks an early 7-0 lead. By the time the first quarter was over, Jacksonville State held a 21-0 lead. From that point on, they never looked back and they rolled the Delta Devils, 37-20. 

UPSET ALERT Elon, NC:  In the past decade, the Elon Phoenix have had one winning season. Coming into this game against perennial power, Yale, expectations were low for the Phoenix. Although Yale's defense initially controlled this game, their offense couldn't get anything going. Eventually, Elon found the end-zone and held a 10-0 lead. Finally, with 57 seconds to go in the 3rd, Harold Haynes ran 2 yards for a touchdown and cut Elon's down to 3. But that was the only good news for this Bulldogs offense. Elon scored once more, early in the 4th, and held on to get a huge win, 20-10. 

Offensive Player of the Week:  Kenneth Perez - Drake - 300 rushing yards, 2 Touchdowns, 5 receptions, 22 yards, 3 receiving touchdowns. 

Defensive Player of the Week:  David Diaz - Northern Iowa - 6 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 TFL

John Kern - Northern Iowa - 4 tackles, 2 interceptions, 3 pass deflections 

*Yes, there are two defensive players of the week. I felt like I would have been doing one of them a disservice if I only rewarded one. 

8/17/2014 8:21 PM

Bracketology Updated

North South East West
1. Jacksonville State 1. Sacramento State 1. UMass 1. Colgate
2. Holy Cross 2. Villanova 2. MVSU 2. Morehead State
3. Jacksonville 3. Georgetown 3. Columbia 3. Fordham
4. Florida A&M 4. Yale 4. Appalachian State 4. Drake
5. Morgan State 5. Southern Illinois 5. Northern Iowa 5. Chattanooga
6. NC A&T 6. Coastal Carolina 6. FAU 6. Tennessee Tech
7. Indiana State 7. Dayton 7. JMU 7. Elon
8. Bucknell 8. Austin Peay 8. Youngstown St. 8. Montana State

Locks (conference champions)    
UMass (A-10)      
Sacramento State (Big Sky)      
Northern Iowa (Gateway)      
Colgate (Ivy)      
Florida A&M (MEAC)      
Georgetown (NEC)      
Jacksonville State (OVC)      
Morehead State (PFL)      
Appalachian State (SOCON)    
MVSU (SWAC)      
8/17/2014 9:47 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.