D1A Blog Season 108 Topic

Looking at the SOS of some D1 teams I noticed something. Nevada schedule such a good OOC season that had they not lost to BC, they would be playing Florida in the NC game this season. Do you agree? BC is undefeated and has the 30 SOS, Texas is undefeated and has a 57 SOS, Florida has one loss and has a SOS of 7. Now had Nevada beat BC that would have made them undefeated with a SOS of 45. Do you think the WIS poll would have put an undefeated Nevada with a 45 SOS over and undefeated Texas with a SOS of 57 in the NC game? The only reason I am still using Florida to be the second team in the NC is because we are still ranked higher than the undefeated Texas because of SOS. I am just wondering if an undefeated Nevada would have finally gotten in or would WIS put an undefeated Texas in over an undefeated Nevada because they are an elite school?
2/22/2015 10:48 AM
Posted by cfbfan18 on 2/22/2015 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Looking at the SOS of some D1 teams I noticed something. Nevada schedule such a good OOC season that had they not lost to BC, they would be playing Florida in the NC game this season. Do you agree? BC is undefeated and has the 30 SOS, Texas is undefeated and has a 57 SOS, Florida has one loss and has a SOS of 7. Now had Nevada beat BC that would have made them undefeated with a SOS of 45. Do you think the WIS poll would have put an undefeated Nevada with a 45 SOS over and undefeated Texas with a SOS of 57 in the NC game? The only reason I am still using Florida to be the second team in the NC is because we are still ranked higher than the undefeated Texas because of SOS. I am just wondering if an undefeated Nevada would have finally gotten in or would WIS put an undefeated Texas in over an undefeated Nevada because they are an elite school?
I would bet an undefeated Texas still would have gotten in over an undefeated Nevada. Nevada would still probably be  #4-6 without that loss. Their SOS late in the season wasn't all that strong due to the conference and Texas played a top 10 team in their CC whereas Nevada didn't. It sucks because Nevada really went out and had a nice OOC schedule but the conf. schedule does them in.
2/22/2015 11:04 AM
Agree ... WAC is simply not enough strong right now ... Nevada needs to be 5-0 in OOC games ag. very solid teams and cross fingers ... And i know what i m talking about cause i was in the same situation when i coached Hawaii ... I came very close once to play for the title but my SOS killed me late in the season .
I was ranked number 1 mid season ( season 84 ) and dropped 4 or 5 after the season ... I was undefeated ( 14-0 ), my OOC was brutal but i came short .
My conference was just not strong enough vs. BCS conferences .
Nevada needs more humans in the WAC and needs them to be more competitive to help the SOS .
The way the WAC is right now i don t think Nevada can play for the title .
2/22/2015 11:31 AM
This is why I wish we had a playoff system at 1A in WIS. 

#1 Boston College vs #19 Pitt
#2 Florida vs #9 Notre Dame
#3 Texas vs #8 California
#4 Tennessee vs #6 Navy (I'm assuming a 3rd SEC team would be ineligible). 

Imagine that
2/22/2015 11:44 AM
The WIS gods at one time ( when the game switched over to 2.0 ) hashed over the idea off installing  a IA play off system. They put the vote to the players of the game and the no vote won out. So said WIS.

Personaly I would love to see a play off system in IA as it would give most of us more playing time.

By the way. I would say that most of the no votes have quit the game soon after 2.0 came out.

2/22/2015 12:49 PM
Update to the blog: 

Later today, I will be adding the "Coaches Rumors" page. 

I know that similar pages have been done in the past by other coaches but there really has never been a purpose to it. Instead of focusing on which jobs coaches might take, this will focus more on which coaches might leave their current school. The purpose of this will be to allow you a chance to get the word out that you are considering either retiring or quitting the game for a while, or moving on. This way if you are leaving your school, you can get the rumor out early and try to find a replacement. Hopefully, this will prevent built programs from losing human coaches and becoming SIM-AI dumpster fires. 

So, to generate a rumor about yourself, simply sitemail (or email, [email protected]) me that you are considering leaving your school and I will post it in the blog. I won't post where I think you're going or anything like that. It will just be that you are considering leaving your program and the school will be looking for a replacement. 

If you guys have other ideas for this, or just think it's plain stupid, feel free to sitemail or email me. 

CJ 

2/22/2015 5:25 PM
I'll continue to schedule impossibly difficult OOCs and recruit the best I can for the WAC. Nevada fans have come to expect the disrespect from the Bowl Committee. I will continue to try to recruit more coaches from D1AA to join the WAC and redeem the bounty I offered last season. Wyoming, UNLV and Boise State are improving programs and I think there are at least four more schools with desirable geographic locations that should be somewhat attractive for a coach who wants to make his/her name at D1A.

As to whether Nevada would have earned the a WIS Championship bowl game against Florida, we will never know. Perhaps Texas will finally accept an offer of an OOC game next season so we can find out. I did offer to schedule elites first and then went to the Near Elites next. If Texas would have accepted our offer and beat us (which as loaded as they are, is pretty likely), they likely would have had the SOS to play Florida in the Championship game instead of BC.
2/23/2015 2:05 AM
Coach of the Year Finalists

The Coach of the Year Committee would like to congratulate the following candidates for being named to the 1A Coach of the Year Finalists: 

cfbfan18
laswell
grindi
jard70
esf0242

*You have until 11:59PM on February 26th to submit your vote via sitmail or email: [email protected]. All votes will be forwarded to the committee and a winner will be declared by February 28th. 
2/23/2015 1:25 PM
Coaching Rumors page is up: 

wespn.blogspot.com/p/coaches-rumors.html
2/23/2015 2:11 PM
FYI - In light of the biggest 1AA game in several season, I went ahead and recorded a podcast. Additionally, there will be links to the WISCAST of BOTH 1AA Semi-Final games along with a select few bowl games posted to the blog in the morning. 

Here's the podcast: www.spreaker.com/user/7821679/2-23-show
2/23/2015 11:25 PM
Visit the blog for the WISCAST for big games tomorrow. All games are clickable: wesprn.com
2/24/2015 1:21 AM
2/26/2015 10:54 AM
Congratulations to the D1A Coach of the Year! 

cfbfan18
2/27/2015 9:48 AM
Thank You!! Perfect ending to a wonderful season. 
2/27/2015 10:13 AM
Congrats!
2/27/2015 10:17 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
D1A Blog Season 108 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.