Post season all Americans Topic

Has anyone put in any thought about doing a post season all America list? It would have to be primarily stats driven but that would still be subject to opinion. Does the 4,000 yd 40 td qb who is in a balanced offense beat out the all pass qb with 9,000 yds and 100 tds?

Just curious if anyone has ever put out something like this.
1/11/2016 7:26 PM
I've thought about it but I don't have time. You should do it!
1/11/2016 8:43 PM
Thinking about it but it's a lot of information to run through.
1/12/2016 12:13 AM
Could be simplified if conferences each individually nominated their top one or two guys at each position. Then you would have it culled to 20 guys at a position and could go for there?
1/12/2016 12:10 PM
I've been kicking this idea around and have some ideas but I can't figure anything out for offensive linemen. There's no stats kept for them so the options I have are highest rated by whichever tool you prefer, best o line unit based off the performance of the whole offense, or number of plays each player was in.
2/2/2016 10:15 PM
I would probably want to keep it as a unit because thats how it plays in the game. A stat you could look at besides the performance of the offense is QB sacks. It would take a little work because the sacks are tracked on the QB's individual stats but its probably one of the better stats to look at for OL performance.
2/3/2016 11:39 AM
Number of plays could be suspect with a bad team just pushing playing time ....as for number of sacks ... QB ath and elusiveness would could be a tough factor... 2¢
2/3/2016 4:48 PM
Other thing with that is a strictly running team won't have many sacks.
2/3/2016 6:15 PM
Yea its tough either way you look at it to judge the OL
2/4/2016 12:52 PM

My 2 cents:

Potential OL categories (from an old one of them)

YPR:  Yards per rush weighted by individual games or SOS (i.e. a 10 YPR vs a Simmy is half as valuable as a 5 YPR against a top 5 team)

YPC: Yards per completion (same as above)

Total Points (weighted as above)

Sacks: Weighted by Total QB attempts and opponent

Penalties:  Assuming you could get this data out of the game logs.

Rank each of the units and weight based on a formula (i.e.30% ,30%,30%,10%)

or something like what the NFL website puts out for OL.

2/4/2016 2:13 PM
Post season all Americans Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.