Shtickless - Unless Being Dead Is A Shtick Topic

Why does it bother you?
9/2/2010 3:44 PM
One day we'll live in a world where we can draft 22 positions.
9/2/2010 3:45 PM
Posted by jwelsh1023 on 9/2/2010 3:44:00 PM (view original):
Why does it bother you?
That is an excellent question...  one that I don't really have a good answer for.
9/2/2010 3:46 PM
Posted by robusk on 9/2/2010 3:35:00 PM (view original):
I agree that in a league like that it makes RBs more valuable.

I just don't like it is all.

I like when, for example, the first two rounds of a draft generally have the top 3 at all the offensive positions taken...  and so on.

FF is more fun to me when all positions are equally valued...  don't read "score the same amount of points."

We generally try to set it up so that the difference between the tiers at each position reflect the same difference...  we've even finally gotten to the point where defense is structured that way as well.  **** kickers though.
I would actively lobby against weighing D/ST or K equally, and I don't know why anyone would want to work toward such a result.  With regard to the real positions, I might be able to get on board with your approach.
9/2/2010 3:46 PM
The pitchers on my head to head fantasy baseball team have been crazy good through the first three days and 1 game of this week, the opening round of the playoffs.

With like 39 innings pitched, they (CC, Lincecum, Oswalt, Wandy, Cueto, Brian Wilson and Brandon Lyon) have now got 4 wins (assuming the Yanks don't blow this lead), 4 saves, 31 k's, an era of 0.67 and a whip of 0.77.
9/2/2010 3:53 PM
I dont think any of us care about your 4th fantasy baseball league playoffs, Matt.  Well, besides Cheez.
9/2/2010 3:58 PM
They still have fantasy baseball?
9/2/2010 4:02 PM
Posted by jwelsh1023 on 9/2/2010 3:58:00 PM (view original):
I dont think any of us care about your 4th fantasy baseball league playoffs, Matt.  Well, besides Cheez.
Eh, go sit on an AIDS needle.  What would happen if we all stopped posting stuff nobody cares about? 
9/2/2010 4:06 PM
Posted by jwelsh1023 on 9/2/2010 3:58:00 PM (view original):
And I only did 2 leagues this year, thank you very much.
9/2/2010 4:06 PM
Posted by tylermathias on 9/2/2010 3:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 9/2/2010 3:35:00 PM (view original):
I agree that in a league like that it makes RBs more valuable.

I just don't like it is all.

I like when, for example, the first two rounds of a draft generally have the top 3 at all the offensive positions taken...  and so on.

FF is more fun to me when all positions are equally valued...  don't read "score the same amount of points."

We generally try to set it up so that the difference between the tiers at each position reflect the same difference...  we've even finally gotten to the point where defense is structured that way as well.  **** kickers though.
I would actively lobby against weighing D/ST or K equally, and I don't know why anyone would want to work toward such a result.  With regard to the real positions, I might be able to get on board with your approach.
We toyed with it for a while.  I do think it is stupid when a defense racks up a ton of points for a bunch of misc. crap.  It is a big part of the game though...  Ultimately, we set it up so the biggest factor is getting negative points for points scored against.  So, basically, the more points your defense allows, the more points your offense needs to score.  It works pretty well and is pretty simple.
9/2/2010 4:10 PM
I'd be less against that if you only counted points actually scored against the defense or special teams.
9/2/2010 4:16 PM
Robusk, these friends of yours...do they all love **** as much as you do?
9/2/2010 4:19 PM
Posted by r0b0t on 9/2/2010 2:25:00 PM (view original):
I discovered I'm prejudiced against people with those transitions lenses that make their glasses turn into sunglasses. I assume they're either halfway towards senility or have some other reason for rapidly decreasing brain matter.
I have magnetic clip on sunglasses. Where do you stand on those?
9/2/2010 4:27 PM
I would think they are too delicate to stand on.
9/2/2010 4:33 PM
Posted by tylermathias on 9/2/2010 4:16:00 PM (view original):
I'd be less against that if you only counted points actually scored against the defense or special teams.
That is basically how we do it.  With TDs from INTs and KRs and stuff counting.
9/2/2010 4:47 PM
â—‚ Prev 1...884|885|886|887|888...1822 Next â–¸
Shtickless - Unless Being Dead Is A Shtick Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.