All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > Progressive Leagues Wall of Shame
12/28/2010 1:46 PM
Somewhat questionable. However, we have to allow people the right to choose to leave a progressive and join another if they want to. There could be other issues like not getting along with other owners, etc. He DID give notice, at least. Did he make moves during the season that would significantly damage his future?
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
12/28/2010 3:27 PM
Posted by mattedesa on 12/28/2010 1:46:00 PM (view original):
Somewhat questionable. However, we have to allow people the right to choose to leave a progressive and join another if they want to. There could be other issues like not getting along with other owners, etc. He DID give notice, at least. Did he make moves during the season that would significantly damage his future?
I agree with you.  Sometimes you join a league and its just not enjoyable for whatever reason.  He did give notice, and as long as he didn't trade away his first round pick in the following season(s) I wouldn't put him on the list.  The whole idea of this is to be fun, if its not fun then whats the point? 

As a league commish, I take pride in the leagues I run, and would rather an owner say he doesn't have the time/money than to tell me my league isn't any fun.  But thats just me :)  
1/9/2011 11:00 AM
Why is outbacker on this list?????
1/9/2011 2:01 PM
scroll up to see my post on 12/28/2010 4:58 PM
1/9/2011 3:04 PM
Did he wind up quitting, were you able to find a replacement
1/9/2011 11:00 PM
I ran the team for a season (ponied up the $12.95) and then brought in a new owner a season later.
1/11/2011 12:51 PM
A couple of owners to add to the list:

c08jt (Progressive Eliminator) - Joined and won the first season, then went MIA in the middle of the off season before season 3. He popped in for a day to say he'd have everything done, but after about a week with no communication the league moved on without him. He's a fairly new user, and has a pretty good win/league ratio so I'm hoping this hasn't been a trend.

tedco (???) - I forget the name of the league, but he started a progressive league in 1946 I believe. He went MIA after the first season and the league died as quickly as it began. I would generally just avoid any progressive started by rookies, but this had a lot of guys I'm in other leagues with so I couldn't resist. I see he's trying to start a new league and felt I should post.
1/12/2011 9:59 PM (edited)
I have three guys who are late turning in keepers for the WIBL progressive I just took over. One sitemailed me to say that his PC crashed, and he's borrowing time on a relative's computer to try to get things together. I say kudos to him for finding a way to let me know. Stuff happens to everyone - we'll be patient. The second owner hasn't opened sitemails for almost three weeks. Sounds like he's bailed, but with unopened sitemails, I have to leave open the potential for an emergency that's kept him away. I'll allow him to anonymously disappear. The third owner has opened no less than 4 sitemails from me over the past three weeks, but has replied to none of them. He's on the site, but doesn't even have the courtesy to me or the other owners to send one quick sitemail to let us know what's going on. That's the kind of behavior that gets someone on this list.

Edited - the unresponsive owner came back all of a sudden. I took his name down.
1/24/2011 10:37 PM (edited)
I think we need to add helmethead1 back on the Wall.  He just bailed on a new, startup progressive league during the 15th round of the initial draft.  I'm not the Commish of the league, but I will ask the Commish to post here to verify.  We also had another owner, tradrrr, who bailed during that draft too.  Maybe they both have a good reason for bailing, but it is kind of lame to leave in the middle of an initial draft.   
1/25/2011 3:15 AM
after conversing with helmethead1, I permitted him to join the new 1982 league.
Unfortunately, he has pulled the same trick again. I replied to his site mail
where he informed me he had to resign due to work, I asked if he was going to send me 
a team via admin/customer service. Site mail opened, but no response.

In the event the thread starter, does not update other users posts of owners to avoid,
I will start a new thread and will update regularly.

Now I need to find a replacement owner 15 rounds into a new league.
of 17
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > Progressive Leagues Wall of Shame

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999- WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.