2001 + Auction/Free Agency League (** FULL ! **) Topic

I'll take Turner Field in Atlanta.
1/13/2013 12:05 PM
you got it, man !  If anyone changes their mind on city/stadiums at any time- no problem... just let me know
1/13/2013 1:32 PM
I'm indifferent on DH in general for progressives, but for this league, I think I need to vote no. With the limited auction $$$ and the extra roster spot required (as a starting level player), I feel like AL teams with the DH will be at a disadvantage to the NL teams.

I understand we'll all have the ability to take up to a 40 man roster, but given the way the sim works with a specific, known and limited player pool, plus with the limited and known $$$ for the auction, I feel it would put teams needing 9 starting hitters plus a pitching staff at a disadvantage to those needing 8 starting hitters and a pitching staff.

I'm in either way, and feel I'll be competitive either way, but I vote no to DH this time around.
1/14/2013 2:59 AM
I've never done an auction before, but this intrigues me.  I'd like to try Tampa.  I am ok with DH either way.
1/14/2013 11:46 AM
Welcome Robin !  it should be fun...

I hear you just4me... I'm more of a National League guy, so I'm not a fan of a DH anyway...
But we can definitely open it up for discussion soon amongst the AL team owners & maybe you can covince them & we can hold a vote to see where the consensus lies... *(you can always jump over to the National League if you'd prefer no DH and the vote goes FOR a DH) - I'll fill the last division that needs an owner- so no worries there
1/14/2013 3:23 PM (edited)

Seeing as we're up to 19 & looks like this will pick up some steam & be a go-
I've posted the 20 day Player Auction List in the Theme Leagues so you can check out the day by day Player Pool

you can go to the Theme League Forum or click on the below link:

2001 + 20 Day Auction Thread

1/15/2013 9:40 AM
Great work Duke! Put me down for no DH.
1/16/2013 3:49 PM
Thanks, Al !  This League should be pretty cool with Auctions every year on both Rookies & Free Agents, a Salary Cap to give everyone a shot, & max contracts that expire after 5 years to put Pujos & everyone else back on the market every 5 years...

We just need to get 5 more good owners !  Come on down !!! 

1/17/2013 12:10 AM
Ok, I'm hooked! Pittsburgh please.
1/17/2013 12:46 PM (edited)
awesome Blue Tufts !  glad to have you !
1/17/2013 2:08 PM
After thinking about it a little more I'll vote against DH.
1/17/2013 2:20 PM
Ok toodleduc, I have some credits and i have played in LIVE themes, progressives and just about everything else with some of these guys for 5-6 years now.  Count me in the NL East with Nationals park.
1/17/2013 5:44 PM
Posted by tajohn on 1/17/2013 5:44:00 PM (view original):
Ok toodleduc, I have some credits and i have played in LIVE themes, progressives and just about everything else with some of these guys for 5-6 years now.  Count me in the NL East with Nationals park.
I believe they were still the Montreal Expos back then. 
1/17/2013 6:04 PM
awesome, tajohn !  Good to see you, again, man !  And yeah- Pubs is correct- the were in Montreal through the 2004 season... you can start there or take a different city/stadium- either way- glad to have ya !
1/17/2013 7:26 PM
Ah why not. And while I'm in a what the .... mood, I'll try a team in Colorado for something completely different.
1/17/2013 7:58 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
2001 + Auction/Free Agency League (** FULL ! **) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.