Part 3 of Career Progressive Draft of Champions Topic

Posted by deafheaven on 3/24/2013 1:33:00 PM (view original):
Sergio Garcia just hit a shot from pretty high up in a tree.
That's where most of my shots landed.  But, when it's 110 in the shade, here in Arizona, being in the shade of the trees is the best place to be.
3/24/2013 2:03 PM
Posted by stlnathan on 3/24/2013 12:16:00 PM (view original):
I tried clicking on "edit league options" to see what would happen. It said I it would clear my roster, is that what you're saying we should ignore?
exactly!  it won't clear it because you will be going from career mode back to career mode.
3/24/2013 2:07 PM
Argh, horn sounded with lightning moving into the area. Now I've got nothing to watch but this draft board which is not exactly compelling.
3/24/2013 2:10 PM
ok thanks gigrant. looks to be abot 6" of snow in st louis and still coming down. i wonder if bull knows it is his pick.
3/24/2013 2:16 PM
Bull sent me his pick - Reggie Jackson.  i suggest we wait until he confirms that.

in all seriousness, the UNC game is on at 5:15 which means i will be in meditation starting at 4pm and then pre-occupied from 5pm-7pm.  after 7pm one of 3 things can happen.  violent reactions, jubilee, or the wife grabs me by the hair and removes me from the sports bar for the sake of of SE NC (this could happen win or lose).  i will send a proxy for my picks but the list isn't getting updated again til maybe 10pm tonight.

stlnathan - snow??  what is that??
3/24/2013 2:45 PM
but we don't have to wait forever.  we are very deep into the draft, so skipping shouldn't be an issue.  if it's your hour, go ahead and pick.
3/24/2013 2:51 PM
Posted by stlnathan on 3/24/2013 2:16:00 PM (view original):
ok thanks gigrant. looks to be abot 6" of snow in st louis and still coming down. i wonder if bull knows it is his pick.
Lived in Arizona since '57.  Saw snow in Phoenix 4 times.  Different in northern Arizona where we lived for 7 years.  Lived in pine country and got snowed in 3 or 4 times a year.  You don't go anywhere, even with 4 wheel drive, when you get 4 to 5 foot overnight. 
3/24/2013 2:57 PM
gigrant i get the impression u must be in NC. snow is something that reminds us northerners that the south has something better than us. haha
3/24/2013 2:58 PM
Ok I guess I'll go ahead and take Infielder- Jimmy Burke
3/24/2013 3:02 PM
Posted by gigrant on 3/23/2013 6:08:00 PM (view original):
i might be looking at an early pick for '02....

i have $18.7m left for 3 more picks.  plenty of money to spend on jerseys for the boys.

if y'all want to go ahead and add your scubs -- in the draft, set your positions to any and years to any, min games to 0, rank in order from lowest salary to highest.  your 4 cheapest position players are:

Angel Salazar
Jack Sharrott
Sam Crane
Jim Toy

those are your four scrubs.  once the season starts everyone will send them down and replace with 4 AAA players of your choosing.  it's looks like the Port City Pirates will be hoping for some decent AAA pitchers.  1229 total innings is cutting it close....
Normally, we'd get 6 hitters and 2 pitchers. Will we pick from these?
3/24/2013 3:04 PM
frank Bowerman c  to demons.....I hope he isn't gone I tried reading everything as soon as I got in from Palm Sunday service.
3/24/2013 3:07 PM
i had to pick 2 scrub pitchers to make my innings. i think ther are a couple of others who will have to do the same.

Browns take Doc Nance, Of

I will be out for awhile. Hopefully you guys get this going so we can wrap it up today.
3/24/2013 3:09 PM
bni - correct on 6/2 and choosing from them.
3/24/2013 3:45 PM
gigrant- once we pick our AAA players are they "locked in" for the year or can they be shuttled up and down for the other AAA guys?
3/24/2013 4:28 PM
Where are we getting the extra pitching from ??
3/24/2013 4:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...11 Next ▸
Part 3 of Career Progressive Draft of Champions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.