The biggest out of norm rule that new owners need to know is that there is no IR.

If you have a guy that misses a year, he goes back in the draft the next time he is eligible.
5/29/2014 9:12 AM
i am in, what cities remain?

5/30/2014 12:18 AM
Posted by coldfoot on 5/30/2014 12:18:00 AM (view original):
i am in, what cities remain?

By process of elimination, it looks like Atlanta, Montreal, Cleveland, and Detroit remain.
5/30/2014 12:55 AM
rsl1, thanks for this.

All rules are not set in stone and will be discussed. 

"Here is a draft of a possible constitution for the league. Or whatever. These rules are a hybrid of what generally works in progressives and how the CL has operated. I'll let chrondon run the convo/make any changes from here. 

I. Rules: Commissioner reserves the right to settle all disputes and to rule on any situation not explicitly covered in these rules.

II. Teams: There will be 24 teams initially, for the 1969 season.  

III. WIS Rules: No DH, No WW, No Salary Cap, No Live play. Injuries off. Trades  permitted until trading deadline. The DH rule will be revisited in 1973 and the league will have the chance to vote on any rule changes. Otherwise, no DH.

IV. Franchise/ballpark selections will be exclusive. Please use the actual city in your team name. You may continue to use your original 1969 stadium as long as you wish, but if you choose to adopt a new stadium, you must use one actively relevant to the year of play.

V. INITIAL DRAFT

The initial draft will be a 25 round draft, where each owner will choose 25 players. The draft will be a standard serpentine draft. In other words, round 1 will be 1-24, round 2 will be 24-1, etc. The order will be determined by a random lottery system that chrondon will pull out of his arse. Only players that are WIS eligible in 1969 may be drafted.

*Rounds 1-15: 1 pick per round

*Rounds 16-20: 2 picks per round

Round 1 will be untimed. Subsequent rounds will be timed with one-hour slots, running from Noon to 8pm PM, Eastern Time, Monday through Saturday. The inaugural draft will take a long ******* time.

Missed Picks

Nobody will miss their Round 1 pick. Any missed picks in the following rounds means an owner can not pick until their scheduled time slot. If an owner goes AWOL and misses three consecutive rounds of picks, the commish may halt the draft, masturbate on the situation, and decide what to do only after alleviating himself.

Proxies

If you will be away during your pick, you have two options:

(a) post a public proxy in the league forums OR

(b) send a proxy to the commissioner and the two owners immediately following you AND post in the league forum draft thread that you have done this.

Failure to comply with at least one of these two conditions will be considered a missed pick. As long as you do either of these two things, your proxy will be honored, even if the owner posting for you posts late.

VI. SUBSEQUENT DRAFTS

KEEPERS

The commissioner will set up a keeper thread in the private forum after the 120 game mark of each season. Keeper lists are due by the 150-game mark of each season. Teams may keep up to 25 players each year. At the 162-game mark, all keeper lists are final; any subsequent roster corrections must be posted directly in the league forum and sitemailed to the commissioner.

DRAFT PICKS

Each team will begin the draft with as many picks as needed to complete a 25-man roster. If, because of trades occurring during the draft, a team finds that it needs additional picks, those picks will be slotted at the very end of the draft. You may not trade draft picks that you don’t have. For instance, should a team begin the draft needing only two picks (Rounds 1 & 2), you can not trade a third round draft pick because that is a total ******* move.

AVAILABLE PLAYERS

Each season the commissioner will post a list of available players for the upcoming draft. This list will be compiled from the list of all WIS-eligible players in the given season, subtracting out all players listed as keepers. The available player list will be published shortly after the 150-game mark. Since the draft will not start until after the conclusion of the regular season, owners will have at least 9 days in which to verify that the available player list is correct.

In the event that the commissioner makes a mistake and lists an ineligible player on the Availables list, the player will remain with the franchise that protected him. Anyone that drafts said player will need to repick when the issue comes to light--and next time should do better research I figuring out who is eligible to be drafted.

DRAFT ORDER

All teams will draft in inverse order of their regular season record (1-24, 1-24). All rounds subsequent to the first will be in inverse order of their regular season record. Ties will be broken by overall team salary. The team who wins more games with the lower team payroll will get the higher pick as a reward for doing more with less.

Tanking will be discouraged by the following measures: 1.Wins floor: Every team must win 30 games by the 120-game mark, or else they will drop five slots in Round 1. 2. Every team must begin the season with a minimum of 1,100 innings pitched on their staff. If a team does not, they will drop five slots in Round 1.

VII. TRADES

Draft picks may be traded only 1 season in advance. For example, during the 1969 season, teams may trade 1970 draft picks. You may not trade 1970 picks during the ’69 draft, though. You must wait for the current draft to complete before trading next season’s draft picks.

In-season trades can be vetoed, via the regular WIS engine. Outside of pre game-120 trades, deals can not be vetoed.

VIII. AAA-Roster. After every season’s draft, there will be a AAA-draft if there remain available players. Any player drafted or moved onto your AAA roster must accrue at least 50 plate appearances or 25 innings pitched during the season to be eligible as a keeper for the following season. In other words, no stashing guys on your AAA roster if they are not going to play.

IX. Injured Reserve. None. If he’s not eligible in the WIS database, then he gets tossed back into the sea of suckers for next year. Suck it."

6/1/2014 12:01 AM
I was considering this but I hate that IR rule :(
6/2/2014 2:30 PM
I'm interested in joining, but I'll be in Europe June 10-22, so I'm in if the draft starts after that and out if it doesn't.
6/2/2014 3:29 PM
Is it live draft?  How many votes to stop a trade? It concerns me teams will tank games.
6/2/2014 6:49 PM
Is the no-IR rule ironclad? I'm going to play either way when this gets off the ground but I do not like that rule and at least one other person above said they would play if not for that rule. 
6/4/2014 4:39 PM
IR rule is costing me jerrod parker, kris medlin, and jurickson profar. So it can suck. But the owners like more draft eligible players every year.

We can vote on it once we have all the new owners, if people want it to change.
6/7/2014 12:32 AM (edited)
I'd love to join but I do not like the no IR rule i'd like to have a vote.

If still possible i'd like Cleveland Please.
6/8/2014 9:56 PM
Welcome spartan26

2-3 owners still needed. 

Not sure about coldfoot. Never picked a team.
6/9/2014 1:22 AM
I'm in. Just not yet sure which gibroni division I want to compete in.
6/9/2014 7:52 AM
I'm in with Montreal.
6/9/2014 10:04 AM
I guess I'll take Atlanta. launching pad *******.

6/9/2014 6:08 PM (edited)
I would wager there will be people that drop out no matter which way a vote goes on the IR rule.

6/9/2014 2:19 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...10 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.