League Violation- Support Dept. PLEASE READ! Topic

I'm playing in theme league #104466. It's a franchise only league. We are to draft players from that franchise history only. There was already one violation, which was corrected. Owner Gerryrock drafted early 1900 Baltimore Oriole players whom he thought were connected with the Yankees. He offered to redraft before the season started but the commish (watchout) instead allowed it to pass, forcing the guy to cut players & start AAA guys. However, it has since come to my attention our commish himself is in violation with his Red Sox team, **REDD ^^ BBEANER'S**. He has 4 Boston Beaneater players on his Red Sox team. But theres no connection between the 2 teams. The Red Sox were previously the Boston Americans. The Beaneaters were one of the many previous names of the team later known as the Braves. I've tried to bring this to his attention on the league message board, but watchout hasn't responded & still reatins the 4 players. I feel this is clearly unfair to the other owners as he has got off to an 8-2 start. Gerryrock, by the way, has a losing record- after offering to redraft & getting ignored. All I want is for watchout to be held accountable. I would like to think he should forfeit games, in addition to having to cut the Beaneater players. It is only fair after an 8-2 start & the hole he forced gerryrock & some of the other owners into. Thanks for reading.
3/30/2013 9:45 AM
You can't force a commish to enforce rules, regretfully.

My recommendation: Rat this guy out in the main SLB forum. People won't join his leagues anymore, and maybe peer pressure will get him to fix it. Certainly if the community thinks that it's a big issue, he'll never be able to fill another league.
3/30/2013 7:55 PM
As far as I've seen, you can force them. He already enforced them on someone else, so whatifsports should in turn penalize him. THEY have the ability to do so, and it states on league pages that violators of league rules WILL be penalized.
3/30/2013 10:34 PM
Posted by drocman212 on 3/30/2013 10:34:00 PM (view original):
As far as I've seen, you can force them. He already enforced them on someone else, so whatifsports should in turn penalize him. THEY have the ability to do so, and it states on league pages that violators of league rules WILL be penalized.
I've never seen a commish be punished by WIS before... but you can try.

Seriously though, this thread really should be in the SLB forum. Get the community fired up about it. If all is as you say it is, and it's seriously an attempt at cheating, this guy's name will be mud shortly.
3/31/2013 12:05 PM

Well, they followed thru with it. The guy has forfeitted games & is now 0-14.

3/31/2013 1:58 PM
The lesson, as always with franchise leagues, is only join them if the commissioner (a) knows what he is doing and (b) plans to check rosters VERY carefully BEFORE league play starts.

See also this thread:
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=463788
3/31/2013 3:54 PM
That's fine, Contrarian- in the long run, perhaps. Only thing is, it doesn't solve the problem NOW, which is more important. And again, the problem has since been addressed as a result of posting the complaint here. But to your point, I have no idea going into things if a commissioner "knows what he's doing." If I see an idea for a league I like, that determines if I wanna join. The only lesson I might take from this is to not join themes to begin with. I generally avoid them because I feel most of them are quite goofy to begin with.
4/1/2013 5:32 AM
League Violation- Support Dept. PLEASE READ! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.