The Broken Things Topic

Bumped for dlmose so he knows what it's like to know everything about everything.

1/15/2014 10:59 AM
Mike: "Don't fix anything, we're good the way we are." <bumps thread of things he wants fixed>
1/15/2014 11:07 AM
I knew there had a to be a good idea in this forum somewhere.   I found it.   Seems they were mine.
1/15/2014 11:10 AM
FWIW, none of these things bother me.   I can work with all three items as they are.   But the first two would help newer players.   The last one would confuse everyone for awhile but, I assume, we'd find a way to work around it also.
1/15/2014 11:11 AM
I like being confused.  Some might say it's what I do best.
1/15/2014 11:36 AM
With your 0 titles, one could argue that status quo doesn't work for you at all.
1/15/2014 12:38 PM
That's a mean and hurtful comment.

Take it back.
1/15/2014 12:55 PM
If it were untrue, I would. 
1/15/2014 1:05 PM
Fair enough.
1/15/2014 1:12 PM
#4   Contracts.   You can control a player for 10-11 BL seasons.   3-4 pre-arb(4 if you do the "wait 20 games" BS), 2 arb and 5 LT.   As most of us know, that encompasses a player's peak years if done right.    A more radical option would have some players refuse a LT deal after 1 arb.   This would create much caterwauling from users when their stud walks after 6-7 seasons(pre-arb/arb seasons) so I'd suggest some players only agreeing to 2-3 yr LT deals instead of the automatic 5. 

Part 2 is the negotiation process.   If a player will re-sign at the beginning of the season, he will re-sign at the end of the season.   Have players increase demands/refuse to sign as the season progresses.   Allowing us to wait until the season is over isn't realistic.     
3/8/2015 8:54 AM
I would like to see a couple things added as well.

#1. When looking at any screen with several rows of stats I would really like to have the top row "freeze panes" as you have when working in excel. It so annoying having to scroll up and down to figure out which row you are looking at.

#2. When signing coaches, we should be able to sign to a 2 or 3 year contract, especially at the ML level. And at the minor league level you could sign a contract for 1 year at one level and then a 2nd year at a higher level.

#3. Current, when players go through arbitration or long term contracts, it seems that their asking prices are totally based on projected ratings and not on past stats. Now I can save money by waiting until a player is 23 before I start their arbitration clock so that the will be locked into their ratings at 27 before I sign them to long term contracts. So a player at 26 yrs old might have been a 77 current and 89 projected will ask for $8-9MM a year compared to when he turns 27 and he is locked into a 77 rating he will only ask for $7MM a year. It doesn't seem like his current statistics play into his salary asking price. He could be a 77 total rating with 50 HR's or one with 18 HR's and he will ask nearly the same amounts.

#4. This one bothers me a lot. TOO many players are given an "A" rating as a free agent. Way too many players. I believe it should be given to free agents that are in the top 20 by their position in the entire league.

#5. I like to let the AI run some levels of my minor leagues. But it would be nice to be able to click on 3-5 players that you definitely do NOT want sitting at any point unless they need rest. For some reasons the AI will play Player A that is rated much much less over a highly rated prospect (Player B) because Player A may be slightly more developed. You should be able to override this decision without having to manage the entire level. Just as with real baseball, they are always going to play the young highly rated prospect over the 25 year journeyman prospect.

These are just a few improvements that would make the league more enjoyable.   
3/17/2015 7:08 PM
BTW, there is a lot of talk between owners about the lack of updates or improvements from WIS. A lot of people do not think they care anymore about this game. Several have told me that they will leave soon. Are there any improvements or updates scheduled in the near future ????? It has been quite a while since anything has been done.
3/17/2015 7:10 PM
Well, they did some recent under the hood improvements. The later simming worlds now sim much earlier than they used to. Based upon that I would bet some updates will be forthcoming.
4/19/2015 8:58 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/8/2015 8:54:00 AM (view original):
#4   Contracts.   You can control a player for 10-11 BL seasons.   3-4 pre-arb(4 if you do the "wait 20 games" BS), 2 arb and 5 LT.   As most of us know, that encompasses a player's peak years if done right.    A more radical option would have some players refuse a LT deal after 1 arb.   This would create much caterwauling from users when their stud walks after 6-7 seasons(pre-arb/arb seasons) so I'd suggest some players only agreeing to 2-3 yr LT deals instead of the automatic 5. 

Part 2 is the negotiation process.   If a player will re-sign at the beginning of the season, he will re-sign at the end of the season.   Have players increase demands/refuse to sign as the season progresses.   Allowing us to wait until the season is over isn't realistic.     
Since WifS is doing updates again.
5/12/2015 8:42 AM
And a fan favorite:

1.  Coach hiring.  Savvy owners don't spend 2m on a hitting/pitching/bench coach because they don't have to.  There are 50 of them at any given time of BL-quality.   This creates a disparity between experienced/inexperienced owners that needs to be addressed.   Keep the rehire process as it is but, once that's over, all unhired coaches go into a pool with no positional/level/salary demands.   Let the owners sort out the levels and positions.   Cap salaries at 4m per coach(players have a max so coaches can) and make FI the most sought after job.  That will prevent jerks like me from hiring all the decent FI as BC so no one else gets one. 

5/12/2015 8:43 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
The Broken Things Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.