I am not sure if this would necessarily work out or what the negatives would be but might it possibly work to offer some sort of credit to each owner in a world that has 0 turnover? For example, if all 32 owners return, each owner gets a $5 credit or something along those lines. If even 1 person does not return, then everyone is ineligible to receive it. I'm sure there will be some opponents to this but just an idea...
1/27/2013 11:12 PM

I think, mostly, that is addressed with the credits you get for staying 5 seasons (and then every 5 seasons after).

It is a motivation for a cheap skinflint like me

1/29/2013 10:36 AM
I like the idea of offering a special deal to an owner willing to commit to (and prepay for) multiple seasons.
1/31/2013 12:41 AM
They already give a discount for buying multiple seasons
2/1/2013 9:35 PM
I know but that's not what I am talking about. If a world has 0 turnover it's obviously a very good thing. They should, IMO, try to promote/encourage full worlds sticking together...
2/4/2013 1:55 AM
Too easy to manipulate.   "Hey, re-up, get your credit and we'll replace you after rollover."
2/4/2013 8:41 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/4/2013 8:41:00 AM (view original):
Too easy to manipulate.   "Hey, re-up, get your credit and we'll replace you after rollover."

Re-up for $25 just to get a $5 credit back, and then leave?  Seems like you're out $20.

How does that work?

2/4/2013 9:24 AM
New owner sends old owner a credit or GC.    It's been done before.
2/4/2013 9:40 AM
OK.  I'll buy that.
2/4/2013 10:46 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/4/2013 9:40:00 AM (view original):
New owner sends old owner a credit or GC.    It's been done before.
Don't you still get the world filled with 32 owners who want to be there? Is that such a bad thing? If you know an owner is leaving you could also have them replaced before the end of the previous season so technically there is no turnover. Either way, its not a temporary fix like finding a replacement owner is now. People might be finding a loophole, but like I said, it still leads to a world filled with 32 owners who want to be there which is what we want after all.
2/7/2013 12:16 AM
Well, if you're asking WifS to give away $160, it seems like they wouldn't want to be manipulated.

Do you like it when someone screws you out of money by "playing games"?
2/7/2013 9:21 AM
Individual loyalty to a league is already rewarded, as mentioned earlier. Not sure how the happy circumstance where everyone renewed is further rewarded.
2/7/2013 9:55 AM

Good point, Mike. Although, if they didn't want to be manipulated, I have to wonder why they'd have instituted that "new" owner pricing...

I don't think they should allow an owner to leave a world after sign up. Owner impatience adds to the trouble in filling worlds.

2/8/2013 12:16 PM
I tend to agree but the world is better off with an attentive owner than one who'll get bored.    I'd rather an owner leave before the season begins than during ST. 
2/8/2013 1:36 PM
What about leagues with an MWR? Owner turnover isn't always a matter of owners not wanting to stick around
2/8/2013 2:53 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.