Trading Draft Picks. MLB is finally doing it. Topic

There's obviously a line of what you can do to protect new players.  You're asking to move the line, I'm suggesting it's a bad idea.

I'm also a proponent of making the game feel as "real" as possible.  Trading picks isn't something that takes place in MLB.

All around, I don't like the idea.  I also wouldn't think this would add anymore "fun" to the game, but I know that's just my opinion.
6/7/2013 12:09 PM
thats cool, i respect your side of it. but trading picks has already started in MLB. its a new rule this year, i know its at a limited pace but its there. trading picks isnt about just my opinion or yours, probably somewhere in the middle after more people give us new ideas. most sports allow trading picks, and man, that looks like fun.
6/7/2013 12:13 PM
Posted by nordique93 on 6/7/2013 11:30:00 AM (view original):
i would raise my HS/College budgets to raise the value of my picks.
The value of your picks have nothing to do with your scouting budget.   If you traded your first round pick, you're not trading what you can see.  You're just trading a draft slot.
6/7/2013 12:14 PM
agreed, but it would raise their value from my side. so WIS would give you whatever player in that draft slot, even though you might not be able to see that player because of your low scouting budget? this is gonna be so much fun.
6/7/2013 12:20 PM
I have no idea what you mean by that.
6/7/2013 12:22 PM
im not sure i do either...lol   what im trying to say is, u trade ur 1st round pick ok. it is only a draft slot like u said, i agree. but what if the guy u traded that pick to has 0/0 scouting, he wont be able to see that player probably, also, a very good point that was raised in our world; when u trade ur 1st round pick, ur going to ask the other team to draft such and such a guy that he might not see because of scouting. so u might have to give him a top 25 prospect list?  it seems complicated, but when we figure it out, its gonna be so much fun.
6/7/2013 12:29 PM
A guy with 0/0 shouldn't be trading for picks.    And nobody should be sharing prospect lists.
6/7/2013 12:30 PM
What?  It's not complicated.  Each player sees the same draftees, regardless of what picks he has.  

And the 0/0 guy would be trading his picks away, not accumulating them.
6/7/2013 12:32 PM
yeah ur right, i meant u cant see their ratings.
6/7/2013 12:33 PM
Posted by nordique93 on 6/7/2013 12:13:00 PM (view original):
thats cool, i respect your side of it. but trading picks has already started in MLB. its a new rule this year, i know its at a limited pace but its there. trading picks isnt about just my opinion or yours, probably somewhere in the middle after more people give us new ideas. most sports allow trading picks, and man, that looks like fun.
It's VERY limited in MLB.
6/7/2013 12:33 PM
Posted by nordique93 on 6/7/2013 12:33:00 PM (view original):
I'm still confused what you're getting at.  You get your players you can draft.  Those players have nothing to do with what picks you have.  If you trade for the 20th pick, nothing changes with those players.
6/7/2013 12:35 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 6/7/2013 12:35:00 PM (view original):
I'm still confused what you're getting at.  You get your players you can draft.  Those players have nothing to do with what picks you have.  If you trade for the 20th pick, nothing changes with those players.
i mean when ur at 0/0 u can see the players but most of them u cant see their ratings. and their ratings are very very wrong most of the time.
6/7/2013 12:37 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 6/7/2013 12:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nordique93 on 6/7/2013 12:13:00 PM (view original):
It's VERY limited in MLB.
thats how it starts and why not follow most sports that trade picks? because Selig is a dinosaur?
6/7/2013 12:38 PM
Posted by nordique93 on 6/7/2013 12:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 6/7/2013 12:35:00 PM (view original):
i mean when ur at 0/0 u can see the players but most of them u cant see their ratings. and their ratings are very very wrong most of the time.
Right.  And if the 0/0 guy acquired another draft pick through trade, nothing would change.  He would still "see the players but most of them u cant see their ratings."
6/7/2013 12:41 PM
MLB is not like "most sports".   They have minor leagues.   A drafted player seldom makes an impact for years.   The NFL/NBA/NHL throws their picks into the game on Day 1.
6/7/2013 12:42 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Trading Draft Picks. MLB is finally doing it. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.