Watching a game play out. Topic

I'm a newbie that has played several text sim games over the years. I have suggested this feature everywhere that I have been so I am now going to suggest it here. I know you can hide the scores and scroll down the screen's play by play but it would be great to have a sharp looking screen of a ballpark and a SHORT 2 to 3 line play by play to watch the games play out. I have seen the overlong, time consuming play by play's that most text games have to offer but a short play by play would keep the game moving and add suspense.

...Deep fly ball to straightaway center
...pulled in, 2 away.

...routine groundball to short
...bobbled, he's going to have to hurry...
...OUT by a step, inning over.

...Heater on the outside part of the plate
...STRIKE THREE catches the corner 
...two away.

...Hit deep to left, this one has a chance...
... going, going, going and ...
...CAUGHT at the track, three away.

And you can have some quick one word or one line play by play results to move the game along.

...STRIKEOUT

...5-3 groundout, two away

...Fly ball out to right, one away.

The community could get involved as far as writing the short play by play that would be used.

7/19/2013 3:48 PM

This idea has been mentioned many times prior to this post. It would be a nice option to see some type of visual if you opted to view the game that way. Sort of like Micro League Baseball (<--  wow, I'm old) used to be. For me, I don't need it but would not object at all if it were implemented......

My hopes and dreams for WIS is .....................DYNASTY HOCKEY!!!!!!

Also I miss Clutch Racing :(   

7/19/2013 4:17 PM (edited)
I'm a dork who reads every play by play by scrolling little by little...so yea, that would be pretty cool.
7/19/2013 4:12 PM

I do too burnsy.....makes scrolling exciting!!!

I have never scrolled so slow until I played at WIS. 

7/19/2013 4:13 PM
Posted by jaledarrett on 7/19/2013 4:17:00 PM (view original):

This idea has been mentioned many times prior to this post. It would be a nice option to see some type of visual if you opted to view the game that way. Sort of like Micro League Baseball (<--  wow, I'm old) used to be. For me, I don't need it but would not object at all if it were implemented......

Maybe we can get together and create our own Hockey Dynasty.
7/19/2013 4:21 PM

Absolutely bully.....I seriously hope we see it here soon.

7/19/2013 4:27 PM
NFL Dynasty is what I want.
7/19/2013 4:38 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/19/2013 4:38:00 PM (view original):
NFL Dynasty is what I want.
oh hell yes
7/19/2013 4:42 PM
I could buy in NFL dynasty
7/19/2013 4:52 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 7/19/2013 4:12:00 PM (view original):
I'm a dork who reads every play by play by scrolling little by little...so yea, that would be pretty cool.
I am a dork that is absolutely stunned that every game company that has produced a text sim that uses this form of relating the game action has yet to get it right.

The Diamond Mind crowd would disagree but their overlong form of play by play and complete absence of visuals eventually killed that game. 
7/19/2013 11:39 PM
Posted by a_ersberg on 7/20/2013 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by usfbully on 7/19/2013 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jaledarrett on 7/19/2013 4:17:00 PM (view original):

Maybe we can get together and create our own Hockey Dynasty.
Me, caesari, shobob and some other mentioned a hockey dynasty on the sim hockey boards  a while back... but we were flooded by "SHUT THE **** UP DYNASTY HOCKEY IS FOR ****'S THE ONLY REAL HOCKEY GAME IS SIM HOCKEY TAKE THIS DYNASTY **** SOMEWHERE ELSE"

So I dont think theres much hope for it.  Unfortunately. 

too bad.  I would definitely be interested
7/20/2013 2:34 PM
For a baseball themed board, hockey sure does get a lot of talk.  I could think of at least 60 people that would be for a hockey dynasty, just from the HBD forum.  2 Hockey worlds right there.  I wish I was a programing wizard...
7/20/2013 2:37 PM
Pucks Dynasty  heyo!  Bring it on.  I'll commish the first world and call it "Gretzky"
7/20/2013 2:54 PM
Posted by shobob on 7/20/2013 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Pucks Dynasty  heyo!  Bring it on.  I'll commish the first world and call it "Gretzky"
Sounds like we need a kickstarter.
7/22/2013 10:10 AM
I'm 100% in on hokey dynasty! 
8/6/2013 11:49 AM
12 Next ▸
Watching a game play out. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.