Allow up to $18m in scouting for added team Topic

The fuzzy draft projections have made it nearly impossible to make an intelligent draft selection without having 18m or more budgeted in HS or COL scouting. This makes taking on a new team (with 14m max budget) less attractive, even with a top pick in the draft.

I'd like WIS to consider allowing new owners the ability to go up to 18m when taking on a new team. I feel like this would help reduce the glut of open teams right now. I, for one, find it a tough sell to take on a 55 win team now, when I am not guaranteed a top flight #1 pick.
2/2/2016 1:33 PM
We have been discussing the limits on new owners and teams in Major Leagues. We also believe that Medical and Training should be unlocked for new owners. It is hard enough to take over a team without catastrophic injuries making it more difficult due to the limit of $14 million in those categories.
2/19/2016 11:40 AM
HS, College, IFA, Medical and Training shouldnt be held to the $4M restriction.. It doesnt make sense.. I can understand ADV SCOUTING needing this restriction.
2/19/2016 3:29 PM
I get why they put the $10M to start with a $4M max change into the game. Thought it was more realistic to force GM to build up a great scouting staff over a few seasons than to have one the first year.

I think experience has shown that this setup causes as many problems as it solves.

It seems the easiest to implement fix would be to allow a new GM to pick between starting with the previous season's / GM's budget, or $10M. And then allow up to a $4M change. That would still be realistic and allow a new GM to at least get 1/2 way out of a whole if they pick up a team with a $0 or $20M budget they don't want.

Removing the $4M limit would change the game. I know I'd go from $20M to $0 in scouting budgets depending on my draft position or if I had a bunch of Type A/Bs leaving. So it's probably better to leave that as it is.
2/19/2016 3:37 PM
As a new player I had no knowledge of this rule. Wow that may make me rethink whether I stay or not. Its bad enough that you don't know jack sheet about anything when you start and now I find out that no only do you start with a crappy team but also behind the eight ball in the one thing you really need to rebuild the crap. I happen to not have been available at the time they finally filled and rolled the season along that I missed resigning FA and coaches and setting the budgets. It was just after holidays and was very busy. Bad time for me. So system stuck me with 10 million across the board and nothing I see is apparently real. So what you guys are saying is that in my second season I won't be able to go to 20 million in scouting because I currently am sitting at 10 million in everything? And I won't be able to go more than 4 million more on any of the scouting?
2/20/2016 7:55 PM
Max $4M increase/decrease from season to season for all budgets but player, prospect, and coaching staff payroll.

No projections are "real" in HBD. Doesn't matter if your budget is $0M or $20M. The more you spend, the better, overall, are your projections.
2/21/2016 2:25 PM
Actually the projections before the draft are not real. What you see is not accurate. And you hope that your projections are closer to real than the next guy. Luckily all pre draft projections were for the most part on the low side. Maybe because I was at $10million on all my scouting, I don't know? I am pretty happy with my draft even though I only had $10million in scouting. I did see many picks in first round that weren't as good after draft as before. Even though I feel my draft went fine I will definitely up my scouting next season.

Let me ask you guys this. Are the projections you see after the draft on your roster real or could they also be off? And what you see when you look at players on other owners teams, are those real or could they actually be different once you acquire a player?

Thanks for the info though it is a great help for a new player.
2/22/2016 9:02 AM
Rostered player projections are from your ADV scouting. Even if it's 20m, they're off. The current ratings are accurate for all players.
2/22/2016 9:15 AM
Thanks for the info
2/25/2016 8:46 AM
Allow up to $18m in scouting for added team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.