Please start using the model of Job Openings that GD uses, so that you have a general idea of whether you qualify for current position openings in a World BEFORE role over.  You would put a disclaimer on the list that this is only the "current" openings and that the final list will not occur until after the World has rolled over.  WIS might say it only benefits people wanting to leave the game, but I see it the other way.  I think it benefits the people waivering on staying or leaving.  Several times I have gotten tired of a team and be prepared to leave the game, and be happily surprised I was qualified to get a better program.  So why not remove some of that suspense.  Maybe even let people apply for jobs during the season.  WIS lets be more transparent!

And while on my soapbox, three other job related ideas....both not new, however in light of selbe's post they both need mentioning again!
1)  Get rid of LONGSHOT!  You either qualify or you don't, plain and simple.  LONGSHOT is a true false hope because at least in my hundred or so applications has always been a two hour decline,  and that wrong.
2) Soften the requirements for non BCS, or low D1 programs that have been long term Sim's ( or in all Sim Conferences) so more humans can get to D1 level.
3) This one I have not seen in a while, and that is have Sim teams at D1 and D2 "recruit" human coaches!  I like this because it really adds another surprise element to the game.  Just think of how good it would feel to have Coached for years at one level, and a team in the level higher wants you!

8/27/2015 7:25 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.