Conference Alignment Topic

Are there any plans to fix the conference alignments? Grantd I know they can't be perfect with the number of teams and what-not, but get them closer to what they are actually like at this moment.

And also changing team names like Troy State, who is now just Troy.

Just a thought.
7/11/2010 10:13 AM
How about a Mountain West conference, Notre Dame leave the Big 10 to an independent status, and populate  players west of the Mississippi?
7/13/2010 8:08 AM
I agree......WVIAC is a true D2 Football Conference, with graet, historical rilvaries.  In WIS those teams are spread to four different conferences. 
7/18/2010 5:04 PM
Moving teams between conferences (and potentially divisions) is not a straight forward thing, especially when you consider the effects on current coaches.  It is something that we could explore.
7/22/2010 9:19 AM
In a couple of years we will be seeing a few major changes to conferences like Nebraska going to the Big Ten. I can't see GD ignoring that major change. Most people could care less about a 1AA school, but new players to the game will want to see a updated Nebraska in the Big Ten.

If you make it known in the rules that conference realignment may or may not occur on a annual basis, and the coaches of the schools will move with the school to the new conference just as it happens in real life, then I think no coach has anything to complain about.
7/23/2010 2:03 PM (edited)
5 elites in one conf?  Big 12 with NO elites in the north and 2 in the south.  the unbalance could really be bad for the game.  im not saying dont move nebraska, but something has to be figured out to avoid what i just mentioned.
7/23/2010 2:10 PM
Posted by jas_illini on 7/23/2010 2:10:00 PM (view original):
5 elites in one conf?  Big 12 with NO elites in the north and 2 in the south.  the unbalance could really be bad for the game.  im not saying dont move nebraska, but something has to be figured out to avoid what i just mentioned.

Move Notre Lame to the Big12 North?

7/23/2010 2:13 PM
Posted by buckeye_jg on 7/23/2010 2:13:00 PM (view original):

i thought about that but awwwkward lol.
7/23/2010 5:43 PM
Jus like in real life you have colleges change conferences, and the coaches have no control over that decision, neither would the in game coaches.

In regards to having multiple elite teams in one conference, get over it, it's the same thing real coaches have to deal with all the time, it shouldn't just be handed to you. If you want the game to be as real as possible, try to keep it as real as possible within the game as well.
7/25/2010 12:01 AM
Create a world where the players can negotiate to create their own conferences??? Just a thought...
7/25/2010 11:08 AM
Ooh, that would be cool too. Dream conferences. But highly unlikely. I still say make the current conferences more aligned with current times.
7/27/2010 1:57 PM
Posted by jas_illini on 7/23/2010 5:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by buckeye_jg on 7/23/2010 2:13:00 PM (view original):

i thought about that but awwwkward lol.
It would be weird, but really the only way to logically put Nebraska in the Big Ten.
7/27/2010 3:54 PM
The Big 10 could use a reshuffling anyway to have Ohio State and Michigan on the same side.
7/27/2010 4:54 PM
Years later.... and still, nothing has changed.
10/3/2012 9:53 PM
Conference Alignment Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.