r0b0t and Christian Slater discuss music Topic

Posted by rlahann on 12/22/2010 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, Band of Horses was my runaway for worst album of the year...and High Violet was only average at best, I thought.  

Totally agree on Broken Bells...I revisit it every now and then, hoping it'll be better than it is.

I didn't hear a few of those...including 1 and 4...I'll give them a shot  in the next couple of weeks.

As for hip-hop...I mean, obviously I love Kanye's album, but it's its own weird beast, for just awesome beats and flow, there's no topping Big Boi's.
I am a hugehip hop fan, but not sure I have gotten too much in the last couple of years.  Plus, I am bigger on the top lyricists and less of a beat guy, so we would obviously have different tastes.  I am huge on Aesop Rock, Murs, Slug, People Under the Stairs, Little Brother, Del, etc...  I feel like you are of a different ilk but maybe I am wrong.
12/22/2010 9:24 PM
Not sure how much of a listen you gave to this year's Beach House but it is pretty awesome.
12/22/2010 9:25 PM
I may be biased only because I have liked them live so much.
12/22/2010 9:25 PM
Loved their first...this one didn't do it for me.
12/22/2010 10:19 PM
Agreed on doing the list a year later. ..Mines changed a lot just in the last couple of weeks.....
On the cell...more thoughts later
12/22/2010 10:27 PM
I never remember which albums came out which calendar year. But I'll check out some of these Im' unfamiliar with.
12/23/2010 10:49 AM
Yeah, just go through iTunes and sort by year.  I usually start there and filter out the ones I don't like.
12/24/2010 2:42 PM

is that how you do it?

12/24/2010 10:02 PM
Itunes is a piece of ****.  Zune, baby.
12/25/2010 12:24 AM
Posted by robusk on 12/22/2010 9:24:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, Band of Horses was my runaway for worst album of the year...and High Violet was only average at best, I thought.  

Totally agree on Broken Bells...I revisit it every now and then, hoping it'll be better than it is.

I didn't hear a few of those...including 1 and 4...I'll give them a shot  in the next couple of weeks.

As for hip-hop...I mean, obviously I love Kanye's album, but it's its own weird beast, for just awesome beats and flow, there's no topping Big Boi's.
I am a hugehip hop fan, but not sure I have gotten too much in the last couple of years.  Plus, I am bigger on the top lyricists and less of a beat guy, so we would obviously have different tastes.  I am huge on Aesop Rock, Murs, Slug, People Under the Stairs, Little Brother, Del, etc...  I feel like you are of a different ilk but maybe I am wrong.
No, it's true...but your beats/lyrics dichotomy just obfuscates things...the simpler truth is just that  I like my hip hop several shades of white...Stankonia+.  Which is why Kanye suits me just fine.  But I've definitely got some love for People Under the Stairs.

12/25/2010 12:30 AM
Posted by robusk on 12/22/2010 9:22:00 PM (view original):

You obviously haven't heard Minus the Bear - OMNI.  10 times worse.
I actually did (I think I quit after three or four songs)...but I didn't have the expectations that I did for BoH.
12/25/2010 12:31 AM
Posted by rlahann on 12/25/2010 12:24:00 AM (view original):
Don't embarrass yourself.
12/25/2010 11:24 AM
Posted by rlahann on 12/25/2010 12:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 12/22/2010 9:24:00 PM (view original):

No, it's true...but your beats/lyrics dichotomy just obfuscates things...the simpler truth is just that  I like my hip hop several shades of white...Stankonia+.  Which is why Kanye suits me just fine.  But I've definitely got some love for People Under the Stairs.

Interesting...  I would have thought mine was considered much whiter.  Either way, this is the way some clown explained it to me one time...  I was just stealing his analysis.
12/25/2010 11:25 AM
Posted by robusk on 12/25/2010 11:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rlahann on 12/25/2010 12:24:00 AM (view original):
Don't embarrass yourself.
I'm actually being serious...in terms of hardware...IPod stll reigns supreme...but the Zune software is WAY beyond itunes at this point.  
12/25/2010 1:28 PM
I haven't tried the software...  I guess I could on my work laptop.  All my personal stuff is all Apple at this point.  I like to go all one way or the other because I like the compatibility and cohesion you get from things that can talk t one another.
12/25/2010 1:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...44|45|46|47|48...54 Next ▸
r0b0t and Christian Slater discuss music Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.