Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
And they abandoned the idea of Compromise because they tasted blood and thought they could get the deal they wanted.

My side is griped by a fear of looking weak on taxes.

I am not really sure what is happening on their side.

No one is fixing the problem.

We need to stop talk of the fiscal cliff not being so bad.

We need to kidnap their children or lock them out of the bathroom or something.

This needs fixing!
12/27/2012 3:37 PM
Going over the cliff is what this country needs in order to wake up.  Everyone will be paying more in taxes.  So the people yelling "YEAH, SOAK 'EM!!!" will suddenly realize that spending someone else's money is easy.  Spending your own is a little tougher.
12/27/2012 4:45 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/27/2012 3:37:00 PM (view original):
And they abandoned the idea of Compromise because they tasted blood and thought they could get the deal they wanted.

My side is griped by a fear of looking weak on taxes.

I am not really sure what is happening on their side.

No one is fixing the problem.

We need to stop talk of the fiscal cliff not being so bad.

We need to kidnap their children or lock them out of the bathroom or something.

This needs fixing!
The cliff is a horrible, self inflicted, non-solution. Extend the tax cuts, payroll tax holiday, and unemployment benefits. Don't cut spending. Let the economy finish recovering.
12/27/2012 4:49 PM
When the ILA strikes at midnight on Sunday, the economy goes back in the tank.   The Prez needs to think about that also.
12/27/2012 4:51 PM
Reaching the fiscal cliff is an unmitigated disaster in terms of the people's already minimal confidence in government. It's going to crush the markets in the short term as well.  I work in real estate and the home sales numbers are propped up by the existence of short sales.  One of the tax breaks that goes away when we tumble over the cliff is the amnesty on taxes on forgiven mortgage debt.  Short sales will come to a screeching halt when sellers have to start paying taxes on the $40,000 they're not repaying to the lenders when the short sale occurs.  Which sets the housing market back again.  Treasury announced earlier this week that they can pay the bills and keep the government running through February, which gives Congress two months after the fact to clean up the mess.  It also gives people two months to incorrectly withhold income taxes because they have no idea what those taxes will be.  So we'll get the double-whammy of the damage done simply by going over the cliff, then the decrease in consumer spending either now (prepping for an increase in taxes) or Q1 2014 (when people see how they short they are on taxes owed for 2013).  It's inexcusable.
12/27/2012 5:04 PM
It's our **** representatives that we continue to re-elect.

WGWWD
12/27/2012 5:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/27/2012 5:53:00 PM (view original):

WGWWD
x2
12/27/2012 6:14 PM

WGWWD
They have been saying that since I was a kid, and almost all of those guys have been replaced by other Reps.

So either we keep picking the wrong guys or the issue is more systemic.
12/27/2012 7:32 PM
The guys represent corporate interests not the people's.
12/28/2012 8:38 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/27/2012 7:32:00 PM (view original):

WGWWD
They have been saying that since I was a kid, and almost all of those guys have been replaced by other Reps.

So either we keep picking the wrong guys or the issue is more systemic.
Maybe it is systemic.    Either way, Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result.   That seems to fit the situation here.   Stop re-electing people.   Move 'em in, move 'em out.
12/28/2012 8:42 AM

Obama's war against moral values hits the wallets and pocketbooks of businesses next week.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/27/hobby-lobby-faces-millions-in-fines-for-bucking-obamacare/

12/28/2012 9:23 AM
◂ Prev 1...177|178|179|180|181...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.