Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Bush is history, Obama is present.   Bush is irrelevant now when discussing Obama's epic fail as a Prez. 
1/15/2013 12:13 PM
True story.  I think Jeb Bush would make a great president, but he probably wouldn't be able to win on account of his name...
1/15/2013 5:27 PM
A little more time is needed.
1/18/2013 4:47 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/15/2013 12:13:00 PM (view original):
Bush is history, Obama is present.   Bush is irrelevant now when discussing Obama's epic fail as a Prez. 
Dow now at a 5 year high. US troops out of Iraq, on the way out of Afghanistan.
1/20/2013 7:58 AM
Dow came back as it always does. Remember that the next time you use the crash as a way to scare people out of supporting limited privatization of SS.

US troops out of Iraq...As per the Bush plan.

His Bush style surge in Afghanistan was successful and he should get credit for the withdrawl.

None of this makes Obama a good President.
1/20/2013 2:04 PM
I could have swore that every Con said President Obama was bad for the stock market. In 2008 if Obama had a speech they would run the stock market ticker next to him, and if it dropped at all Fox News would fall all over themselves using it as evidence.

No chance we're out of Iraq under McCain. He wanted to be there forever.

It's still moronic that we have people dying in Afghanistan, but at least Osama bin Laden is dead under Obama's watch. And remember McCain wouldn't go into Pakistan to kill him.
1/20/2013 2:47 PM
1 He is bad for the stock market, he isnt catastrophic. We are just recovering slower than we would.

2 We are still there.

3 We didnt go into Pakistan, we ran a raid into Pakistan. And it makes us feel better that Osama is dead, but it is just cosmetic.
1/20/2013 9:13 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/20/2013 9:13:00 PM (view original):
1 He is bad for the stock market, he isnt catastrophic. We are just recovering slower than we would.

2 We are still there.

3 We didnt go into Pakistan, we ran a raid into Pakistan. And it makes us feel better that Osama is dead, but it is just cosmetic.
1. Evidence to prove?
3. Huh? Isn't a raid into Pakistan the same as "going into Pakistan"?  Nobody can use the language like you Swamp. 

And you are saying that there was no point in going after Bin Laden.  So that is an admission by you that the  wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were mistakes...ergo Bush made a mistake. That is HUGE progress on your coming to grips with reality. I am proud of you Swamp!

1/23/2013 7:53 AM
Neither Afghanistan nor Iraq was a mistake.

Afghanistan was easily justifiable . . . we were taking out a government which, while not directly responsible for the 9/11 attacks on the United States, openly supported and provided safe harbor to those who were.

Iraq was not a mistake, because "mistake" implies that there was an "oops!" somewhere in the intelligence gathering and decision making process.  I think that those in charge of gathering the information to provide GWB and company knew damn well that WMD and the supposed links to Al Queda were a stretch, at best.  I also believe that GWB was sheltered from those details to provide him with plausible deniability (wink, wink) so that he could finish the job that his daddy was not allowed to finish.
1/23/2013 8:12 AM
No more Saddam Hussein in the Middle East doesn't feel like a mistake even if the premise for taking him out was "embellished".
1/23/2013 8:17 AM
I always felt that the Iraq war was doing the right thing (taking out Hussein), but at the wrong time (it took us away from the hunt for Bin Laden) and for the wrong reasons (the never existing WMDs).
1/23/2013 8:37 AM
I think the WMD reason was just a cover for the real reason which was to take out Saddam. It's much easier to convince the public that we need to go to war because Iraq has WMD then it is to convince them we need to go to war because Saddam is a tyrant and he needs to be killed.
1/23/2013 10:09 AM
Awesome, it's not a mistake to spend trillions of dollars taking out a guy who's doing nothing to us, but it is a mistake to spend trillions on universal health care for our citizens.
1/25/2013 1:37 AM
Not to mention the lives of our soldiers who died for essentially nothing
1/25/2013 1:38 AM
The removal of a threat to our allies is "essentially nothing"?

I want you on my side in a fight.   You'd be a great help, I'm sure.
1/25/2013 8:11 AM
◂ Prev 1...185|186|187|188|189...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.