This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Ann Romney's speech is horrible.  She's coming across as a plastic Barbie with no brain.
8/28/2012 10:23 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/28/2012 10:23:00 PM (view original):
Ann Romney's speech is horrible.  She's coming across as a plastic Barbie with no brain.
Sarah Palin what?
8/28/2012 10:35 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
So odd that Santorum and Christie hardly mentioned Mitt. Christie's speech seemed like a big audition for himself. If the fat vote becomes a voting block, look out in 2016.
8/29/2012 1:16 AM
She definetly didnt hit it out of the park, but her job was to humanize, and in that I think she got a solid double.
8/29/2012 3:00 AM
I watched the RNC on CNN.   I have to be honest, they were very fair in their reporting.   They brought in Angry Black Man to grill Artur Davis and hit a few liberal talking points but, overall, they were very fair.

Assuming FOX does the same coverage at the DNC, I don't see them being quite as fair.
8/29/2012 7:01 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 8/29/2012 3:00:00 AM (view original):
She definetly didnt hit it out of the park, but her job was to humanize, and in that I think she got a solid double.
I'll disagree.  Her speech came across as shallow and patronizing.  My wife wanted to throw something through the TV screen at her
8/29/2012 8:05 AM
Well, I'd hardly expect Santorum or Christie to be cheerleaders for Team Romney.   They have their own careers and aspirations.   Both discussed issues important to the Republican party, issues Romney supports, and endorsed Romney at the end of their speech.    To me, it would have come off as extremely phoney if both spent 10-15 minutes recapping how great Romney is.

As for Ann Romney(I didn't see her portion), she's not a public speaker.   She raised 5 children(probably with 10 nannies) and rides horses.   If one expects her to be Michelle Obama or Hillary Clinton, I think you're expecting too much.   Both of those women want/like the spotlight.   We don't know that to be true of AR.   In fact, it's been said before that every time she opens her mouth, she hurts his campaign. 
8/29/2012 8:19 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 8/29/2012 1:16:00 AM (view original):
So odd that Santorum and Christie hardly mentioned Mitt. Christie's speech seemed like a big audition for himself. If the fat vote becomes a voting block, look out in 2016.
Indeed.
8/29/2012 10:27 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/29/2012 8:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 8/29/2012 3:00:00 AM (view original):
I'll disagree.  Her speech came across as shallow and patronizing.  My wife wanted to throw something through the TV screen at her
My favorite part was when she said women sigh more than men in tough economic times. Really? I thought she was supposed to try and bring women back to the GOP, not demean them further.
8/29/2012 10:29 AM
I do have to admit though, I'd really look closely at Chris Christie in an election. I like his fire and his record for the most part.
8/29/2012 10:30 AM
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2012 10:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 8/29/2012 1:16:00 AM (view original):
Indeed.

Odd? The theme is how republican run states are fairing better than the dem run states. They weren't there to talk about Mitt for 30 minutes. They were there sharing the stories of the success they are having in their states in spite of Obama.

Nice fat joke too. I thought liberals were supposed to be tolerant. I guess that is only true towrds other liberals.

8/29/2012 10:33 AM
Well, mostly what I heard from Christie was I.  You do know what a keynote speech is right?  And what the RNC is supposed to be?
8/29/2012 10:36 AM
A keynote in literature, music, or public speaking establishes the principal underlying theme

The Prinipal underlying theme is how much better their states are doing.

I don't see the confusing part.
8/29/2012 10:44 AM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.