Romney: Worst Major Party Prez Candidate Ever? Topic

6 When I was in High school I did discuss that topic with minors. If their parents were not concerned about the issue I would discuss my views. What is your point to this? Do you support the govrnment prohibition on sex for money?

7 Obamacare is forcing people into packages that force them to pay for contraceptives and abortions. It isnt the biggest offense of Obamacare, but it does exist. Why do you support Catholic Orginizations being forced by law to buy insurance that provides these things?
11/5/2012 1:37 AM
nice dodge....does the Catholic Church have the right to tell someone what to do with the money they pay them? What if I use it to buy contraceptives? What's the difference?

11/5/2012 8:10 AM
The difference is that paying someone is different than having to buy something, even if it is for someone else.

And this isnt something I made up, this is what Catholics think.

That is why a number of Catholic groups are suing the Obama Administration.
11/5/2012 4:08 PM
And nice avoiding a question for you.

What is your view on legalized Prostitution and why did you bring it up, other than to distract from the actual issues?
11/5/2012 4:09 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 11/5/2012 4:08:00 PM (view original):
The difference is that paying someone is different than having to buy something, even if it is for someone else.

And this isnt something I made up, this is what Catholics think.

That is why a number of Catholic groups are suing the Obama Administration.
No, that's not correct.

There is no difference between me paying my employees a salary and them using the money to get contraceptives and me paying the insurance company for benefits that the employees use to get contraceptives.

The lawsuits are partisan, this isn't a freedom of religion issue. Anyone offended by contraceptives is free to not use contraceptives.
11/5/2012 4:14 PM
1 There is a difference between paying someone money and letting them spend it and forcing someone to buy something for an employee that you find immoral. How can you even try to tie the 2 together?

2 How are the lawsuits Partisan? Catholics are traditionally Democratic Strongholds, so how can it be partisan? And it is in fact a freedom of Religion issue.
11/5/2012 5:44 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 11/5/2012 5:44:00 PM (view original):
1 There is a difference between paying someone money and letting them spend it and forcing someone to buy something for an employee that you find immoral. How can you even try to tie the 2 together?

2 How are the lawsuits Partisan? Catholics are traditionally Democratic Strongholds, so how can it be partisan? And it is in fact a freedom of Religion issue.
Your use of someone is confusing.

Employer compensates employee with salary and benefits.

Employee uses salary to obtain contraceptives.
               OR
               Employee uses benefits to obtain contraceptives.

Who's religious freedom is being abridged?
11/5/2012 5:51 PM
Paying money isnt a sin, so paying an employee isnt a sin. What he does after that isnt relevant.

Paying for abortions is a sin. So when you pay for insurance that covers abortions you are commiting a sin.

I realize this is a little semantics based, but that is the rules.

Your freedom to not pay for something considered a mortal sin.

Again how are the lawsuits Partisan??
11/5/2012 6:12 PM
Paying salary that is used to obtain contraceptives isn't a sin.
Paying for benefits that are used to obtain contraceptives is?

That is a distinction without a difference and ridiculous. No wonder that story went away in a day.
11/5/2012 6:16 PM
The story went away in a day because...

1 It wasnt true? No the lawsuits by the Catholic orginizations do exist...

2 It wasnt relevant? Obama started the topic and only got off it when he was losing Catholic support over the topic.

3 It wasnt helping Obama and the media dropped it? You make the call!
11/5/2012 6:18 PM
The story went away in a day because it was a non-controversy on an issue that has a clear political right and wrong. There was only downside to making a bigger fuss out of it for politicians (even Republicans).

And I think some, if not most, of the lawsuits were dismissed.
11/5/2012 6:30 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 11/5/2012 6:18:00 PM (view original):
The story went away in a day because...

1 It wasnt true? No the lawsuits by the Catholic orginizations do exist...

2 It wasnt relevant? Obama started the topic and only got off it when he was losing Catholic support over the topic.

3 It wasnt helping Obama and the media dropped it? You make the call!
Religous-based arguments from an avowed atheist always make me laugh.
11/5/2012 8:42 PM
As a member of a minority religion I am very aware of the issue of Government oppression of religion.

11/5/2012 9:45 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 11/5/2012 9:45:00 PM (view original):
As a member of a minority religion I am very aware of the issue of Government oppression of religion.

Aren't you an atheist? That's not a religion.
11/6/2012 9:52 AM
By what standard are my beliefs not a religion?
11/6/2012 12:00 PM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23|24|25|26 Next ▸
Romney: Worst Major Party Prez Candidate Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.