THANK YE, PRESIDENT OBAMA ON 9/11!!!!! Topic

Awe, that's cute.  You two getting a room?
9/13/2012 1:13 PM
Well, I'd ask you your feelings on tec but I'm pretty sure "hate" is so all-encompassing for you that there's no point.
9/13/2012 1:18 PM
It is imperative for the left to spread the mantra of hate whether it really exists or not.

If they can lump a 5-7 level of dislike into level 10 full fledged HATRED, it makes their base much less likely to look at the actual facts being discussed.

It doesn't matter what you are saying because you are a hateful racist so I put no value in your opinion.

9/13/2012 3:32 PM
Yeah!

What he said!

RACIST!!!
9/13/2012 3:33 PM
9/13/2012 3:42 PM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 9/13/2012 3:32:00 PM (view original):
It is imperative for the left to spread the mantra of hate whether it really exists or not.

If they can lump a 5-7 level of dislike into level 10 full fledged HATRED, it makes their base much less likely to look at the actual facts being discussed.

It doesn't matter what you are saying because you are a hateful racist so I put no value in your opinion.

Well, according to Mike there's a subtle difference between dislike and hate.

And it seems the common argument from the right in here is "nothing can be discussed because it's always about race".
9/13/2012 4:13 PM
Far from it.   One can judge Obama on his "accomplishments" without ever mentioning skin color.

Economy - failure
Health care - assumed failure but we'll see
Foreign policy - apologize for everything

This list goes on and on.  He did make the call to kill Bin Laden so that is a feather in his cap.
9/13/2012 4:18 PM
I was responding to mchalesnavy's post where he turned it into race.
9/13/2012 4:29 PM
Posted by jvford on 9/13/2012 4:13:00 PM (view original):

And it seems the common argument from the right in here is "nothing can be discussed because it's always about race".
"Subtle difference between a strong dislike and hate" is what he said.

Like the subtle difference between a 9 and a 10.

He also gave a very easy to understand example.

9/13/2012 4:32 PM
Posted by nickbracco on 9/12/2012 6:43:00 PM (view original):
This is where the discussion was turned into a race issue.  All too common.
9/13/2012 4:33 PM
Which one of my posts talked about race?

Or does one cartoon send you into a race tizzy?
9/13/2012 4:37 PM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 9/13/2012 4:33:00 PM (view original):

You and tec are really into semantics.
9/13/2012 4:39 PM
Posted by jvford on 9/13/2012 9:16:00 AM (view original):
Agreed on media.  But "general public"?  Sorry, but I have never heard so much hate for a President and his policies than I have for Obama.  It's not the "poking fun" I used to hear from people about Bush, it's general hatred.  And it started before he even took office.
My initial comment regarding the above post assumed racism because of your claiming people were only "poking fun" at Bush but have a "general hatred" for Obama.

Now keep in mind, this was before you clarified that your definition of hatred ranged from actual hate all the way to mid level dislike.
9/13/2012 4:42 PM
Posted by jvford on 9/13/2012 4:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mchalesarmy on 9/13/2012 4:33:00 PM (view original):

You and tec are really into semantics.
I think it is more a case of actually trying conveying a thought.

Accuracy in defining words goes a long way towards that end. If your definition of hatred is applied to my life experiences then I can agree that many "hated" Obama early on.

Now MOST people wouldn't understand your personal & very broad sweeping definition of "hatred", and may be confused. So in order to avoid confusion some people try to stick with more commonly accepted definitions.

Additionally when a person twists the "real" definition of a word into their own twisted idea of what they want it to mean, then there will be posts trying to clarify. You call it semantics.

9/13/2012 4:49 PM
No, I was claiming that people have a hatred of Obama.  I've heard anger in their voices when they talk about him.  Tec claimed that he just disliked him as a president because he thought he was a pretty nice guy (or something like that).  I can't "hear" anger on the internet, so I have to assume that he is being honest.

So why do you think that hate automatically means racist?
9/13/2012 4:49 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
THANK YE, PRESIDENT OBAMA ON 9/11!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.