For swamp! Topic

So the main point is the guy in the story is very unusual. He doesnt occur in nature.

So why write about him.
10/1/2012 12:52 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
First it isnt one thing about the guy, like the soccer issue, that makes he seem unbelivable.

It is everything all present in one person. It isnt the fact that a Conservative may have a negative quality, it is that one conservative fits the perfect narative for a liberal.
10/1/2012 1:34 PM
For any of you who are new to the posts I have in the past made statements that I feel the spread of soccer in America is a liberal plot. Let me explain why.

1 In the 90s kids playing soccer was rare. Now it is common.
2 There is no market supported soccer popularity. No TV. No people in the stands. Kids dont follow soccer players.
3 There has always been some dislike of American football among the left. Militaristic, violent.

And since the left controls the direction of education in America why did kids start playing soccer? 
10/1/2012 1:41 PM
1, I was a kid in the 90's. Everyone I knew played soccer.

2. Soccer isn't very fun to watch. But it is fun to play.

3. I'm liberal and I love NFL and college football. So do all of my liberal friends. We also played football in high school when we got tired of soccer. (And by "got tired of," I definitely mean we weren't nearly good enough to keep playing at the high school level.)

4. Education in American really has nothing to do with soccer. Most kids play in neighborhood rec leagues.

10/1/2012 2:21 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by genghisxcon on 10/1/2012 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Let's just sum up swamp's bs and call it a day, shall we?

1) swamp asserts people aren't exposed to conservative viewpoints
2) fairly typical counterexample is given
3) counterexample is not flattering, therefore,
4) it never happened
5) lather, rinse, repeat to the end of the universe.
My point is that it is much easier to only be exposed to liberal ideas than only be exposed to Conservative ideas.

This point is almost indisputable.

All the rest of your pitch is just your standard "All Conservatives are crazy" bit.
10/1/2012 6:09 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/1/2012 2:21:00 PM (view original):
1, I was a kid in the 90's. Everyone I knew played soccer.

2. Soccer isn't very fun to watch. But it is fun to play.

3. I'm liberal and I love NFL and college football. So do all of my liberal friends. We also played football in high school when we got tired of soccer. (And by "got tired of," I definitely mean we weren't nearly good enough to keep playing at the high school level.)

4. Education in American really has nothing to do with soccer. Most kids play in neighborhood rec leagues.

1 Maybe we should put it in the late 80s and early 90s. There was very little soccer back then.

2 So a game that no one enjoys watching is popular becuase it is fun to play? And how did they discover this? And what makes it fun to play. Americans are fatter than ever, and out of all the main team sports soccer is the least fat friendly.

3 So you have never heard a liberal make the point that organized team football is a negative for children? That soccer is a more global and community sport?

4 I see kids in school leagues, but you might be right on that one. Still community organizing is also a more liberal genre.  
10/1/2012 6:13 PM
1/3/2013 8:39 PM
Posted by genghisxcon on 10/1/2012 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Let's just sum up swamp's bs and call it a day, shall we?

1) swamp asserts people aren't exposed to conservative viewpoints
2) fairly typical counterexample is given
3) counterexample is not flattering, therefore,
4) it never happened
5) lather, rinse, repeat to the end of the universe.
Never noticed this at the time.

Never said no one is exposed to conservative viewpoints.

Just said the message in pop culture is OVERWELMINGLY liberal.

So it is much easier and much more common for a person to have only been exposed to a liberal message.

Waiting for some "typical counterexamples"....
1/5/2013 3:29 PM
Depends on where a person lives.....in huge swaths of this country, the household is super conservative....so there, it is much easier and much more common to be exposed to conservative messages.
1/6/2013 1:05 AM
Your not getting my point.

Everyone gets exposed to their family.

The issue is can anyone shut out the other side.

A person living in an Alabama family who are Tea PArty members gets a strong dose of Con. They also see liberal in the pop culture.

What does a person living in a SF family who are Occupy members get as a counter balance?
1/6/2013 5:35 AM
swamp wants to be able to brainwash everyone with his point of view.
1/6/2013 8:48 AM
So now the left believes that hearing all points of view and making up your own mind is "Brainwashing".

SNL, Colbert, Stewart and Maher.

The view has all liberals and 1 token Con that isnt given equal speaking time.

The 2 prime time political talk shows on Fox that present a clear Con view are bashed by the mainstream media as being stupid and crazy.

On the flip side Maddow is "The smartest person in America".

America is being told one side of the story. We need more freedom of speech, not less.
1/6/2013 1:58 PM
Again when I get the salm dunk the left goes silent.

When they think they have a "gotcha moment" they are out in force.
1/30/2013 3:26 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
For swamp! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.