THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

I disagree. If you think the government is trampling on the civil liberties of someone, it matters, whether it is one person or 50 million people.

In this case, I think the question is, is the government actually trampling on the civil liberties of anyone by requiring that health insurance companies cover all preventative care (including contraceptives) without charging a copay.

I would answer no to that question.

The government is setting a regulation for a business (health insurers). Anyone who has a moral objection to contraceptives is still free to not take contraceptives.
10/18/2012 1:14 PM
Is that akin to anyone objecting to a moment of prayer at a football game having the right to order a hotdog while everyone else bows their head?
10/18/2012 1:45 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/18/2012 1:14:00 PM (view original):
I disagree. If you think the government is trampling on the civil liberties of someone, it matters, whether it is one person or 50 million people.

In this case, I think the question is, is the government actually trampling on the civil liberties of anyone by requiring that health insurance companies cover all preventative care (including contraceptives) without charging a copay.

I would answer no to that question.

The government is setting a regulation for a business (health insurers). Anyone who has a moral objection to contraceptives is still free to not take contraceptives.
Abortion and contraceptives are not part of mainstream health.

It is possible to have health care without these provisions without an undue burden to the employee.

So given that why does the government force Catholics to commit a moratal sin in the name of Obamacare?
10/18/2012 10:53 PM
Yes they are. Contraceptives are used by something like 99% of women at some point in their lives.

No one is being forced to take contraceptives.
10/18/2012 11:30 PM
Isn't it a bit hypocritical that the same group of people who are demanding that the government stay out of their bedrooms and out of their wombs are also the same group of people who demand that the government pay for their contraceptives and their abortions?
10/18/2012 11:49 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/18/2012 11:49:00 PM (view original):
Isn't it a bit hypocritical that the same group of people who are demanding that the government stay out of their bedrooms and out of their wombs are also the same group of people who demand that the government pay for their contraceptives and their abortions?
Roe v Wade changed abortion from a choice to a civil right.

The left will never give in. They support total access to abortions at any time for any female no matter the age.

They dont want any middle ground. They dont want a deal.

They want to be able to tell women that there private parts are under attack!
10/19/2012 12:15 AM
I don't know who's asking the government to pay for it. Just health insurance.
10/19/2012 12:50 AM
It isnt just health insurance. It is mandated contraceptives and abortions.

If they provided health insurance without abortions the AG would fall on them like Waco!
10/19/2012 1:25 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/19/2012 12:50:00 AM (view original):
The government has mandated, via Obamacare, that health insurance companies must cover FDA-approved contraception, and abortion.
10/19/2012 8:20 AM
10/19/2012 8:24 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/19/2012 8:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/19/2012 12:50:00 AM (view original):
The government has mandated, via Obamacare, that health insurance companies must cover FDA-approved contraception, and abortion.
That's not the government paying for it. That's the government requiring health insurers to cover preventative care without a copay.
10/19/2012 9:32 AM
Abortion is preventative care?
10/19/2012 9:43 AM
WE NEED MORE RED-STATE ABORTIONS!

PREVENT MORE DUMBASSERY!
10/19/2012 9:49 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/19/2012 9:43:00 AM (view original):
Abortion is preventative care?
So you're conceding that the government isn't paying for it? The plan b pill is just as preventative as the contraceptive pill.
10/19/2012 10:25 AM
Fine.  Let me rephrase.

Isn't it a bit hypocritical that the same group of people who are demanding that the government stay out of their bedrooms and out of their wombs are also the same group of people who demand that the government mandate that insurers pay for their contraceptives and their abortions?
10/19/2012 10:36 AM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.