Dumb ideas Topic

By popular demand, it's back, and now not HBD specific.

And, as per the old ideas, the first dumb idea is this thread
10/17/2012 2:49 PM
tufft
Game Rating: Pro Forum Rating: Prospect
To whoever is out there working on a baseball simulation game, cause it sure isn't Fox -

Make FA & Coaching bidding real-time. Let us know right away if we were the top bid.  It takes time & just isn't fun to have to check in every 4 hours, 24 hours a day, for a week to know where we stand.

If you wanted a the most active and most fair FA & Coach bidding model, copy what eBay does. There are reasons they use the 2nd Place + $1 bidding model instead of High Bidder model.  Lots of papers & articles that explain how & why it works.

Argument against the eBay model would be that it's not how MLB bidding works.  Which would be true. Just tossing out the idea. If you'd trade MLB simulation for more action, more strategy, and a more fair process, eBay's model is the way to go.

DUMB IDEA
10/17/2012 2:51 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
ArlenWilliam
Game Rating: Hall of Famer Forum Rating: Prospect
One more time.

Real MLB GM's bring up players from AAA and even AA consistently, and then demote them consistently.  Some do it very often (just look at Jim Hendry and the Cubs for just one example, from season to season).  That works for them, or they would not do it.  This is a simulation, not an exercise in punishing WIS customers for doing what makes sense for their teams.

One more time.

I'm not against a demotion penalty.  I am for relatively rapiid recovery most of the time and continuance of progress in the minors (and in some cases even a compensating boost when a previously demoted player is called back up, especially ot the bigs).  That makes sense.  The current conditions do not.

DUMB IDEA
10/17/2012 5:49 PM
MikeT23
Game Rating: Hall of Famer Forum Rating: Prospect
MLB - 85 NHL - 1 HD - 26 GD - 1 HBD - 105
Block this user
Add this user to favorites
Yeah but that was in prison.    I guess he passed that skill down.

Saying my grampy did time.....DUMB IDEA
10/19/2012 4:05 PM
Why is a ton of cheese in the crust ok, but a hot dog in the crust in somehow a crime against nature?

Anyone try the Carolina Chicken sandwich this summer from BK?

It had cheese, bacon, veggies and 2 sauces (BBQ and a creamy spicy sauce). The only problem was the chiken itself sucked. Dry and taseless.

if you need all that crap to cover up your bad chicken I would define that as a...

Dumb Idea!
10/25/2012 12:31 AM (edited)
A fair contribution.

Please bold, keeping in line with the theme.
10/24/2012 9:33 PM
This thread? Great idea.

Withholding knowledge about the Benghazi attacks and lying about it multiple times?

DUMB IDEA
10/24/2012 9:37 PM
Posted by deathinahole on 10/24/2012 9:33:00 PM (view original):
A fair contribution.

Please bold, keeping in line with the theme.
Sorry...I corrected with an edit.
10/25/2012 12:30 AM
http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf13410

Taking a good idea and going for a crack at $1m, then not even getting the people who would benefit to vote....

DUMB IDEA!!!!!!!
10/26/2012 10:08 AM
Trade a fourth round and a sixth round draft pick to Denver, and agree to pay over $2.5m in salary advances, to acquire Tim Tebow.  And then barely include him in an already ineffective Jets offense.

DUMB IDEA!!!!!!
10/26/2012 10:30 AM
http://www.dyson.com/Fans/FansAndHeaters/Fans.aspx

Spend time and effort to invent a new version of the TABLE FAN!

DUMB IDEA!!!
10/27/2012 12:01 AM
April 1951: Unveiled a plan to sell advertising space on signs held by midgets who would be flown on kites over Central Park. One of the participating midgets was a 50-year-old grandmother. He claimed that the stunt would not only create good publicity for his clients, but would also provide employment for out-of-work midgets. However, when he showed up in Central Park, the police refused to allow him to carry out his plan, citing safety concerns. This led Moran to exclaim, "It's a sad day for American capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park." He next tried to carry out his plan in Van Courtland park in the Bronx, but authorities there also denied him permission.

DUMB IDEA!!!!!

but hilarious.

10/29/2012 1:41 AM
Jtpsops Ocean Blues 11/5/2012 4:09 PM Prince is still playing 2B against LHP. I've made the trade off for the sake of offense. He's out vs RHP. So suck it

Playing a LH 2B despite the 10000 page thread explaining what a bad idea it is, and ignoring various tidbits of good advice.....

DUMB IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11/5/2012 7:30 PM
123 Next ▸
Dumb ideas Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.