Let's face it... Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2012 8:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/23/2012 7:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/23/2012 7:17:00 PM (view original):
He should quietly walk away and let someone else take care of it.   You know, like he said he would.
Eh, I really think the post-2008 Republican response to this recession ignores the real problem at best and is counter productive at worst. The recession wasn't caused by high taxes or excessive regulation or the debt/deficit. All of those things are secondary to a collapse in demand. Lowering taxes is stimulative, but if you make the deficit priority number 1, cutting taxes becomes impossible without cutting spending, which erodes demand further.

Obama may have not brought us back to full employment (~5% unemployment) but at least he hasn't completely buried his head in the sand when it comes to what caused the downturn and what will eventually get us out of it.
Again, you're not saying "He's done a good job", you're saying "He hasn't been horrible."

Is that good enough for you?    Is that good enough for America?   I expect more.  I hope Americans, as a whole, expect more.
But the alternative candidate would do a horrible job based in the policy promises he's made and the general direction of his party.
10/24/2012 9:42 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/24/2012 9:01:00 AM (view original):
The Hellcat was a helluva plane.
Indeed, it was. The Corsair got the press and had the awesome lines, but the Hellcat was fantastic.
10/24/2012 9:42 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/24/2012 9:43:00 AM (view original):
He should quietly walk away and let someone else take care of it.   You know, like he said he would.
Eh, I really think the post-2008 Republican response to this recession ignores the real problem at best and is counter productive at worst. The recession wasn't caused by high taxes or excessive regulation or the debt/deficit. All of those things are secondary to a collapse in demand. Lowering taxes is stimulative, but if you make the deficit priority number 1, cutting taxes becomes impossible without cutting spending, which erodes demand further.

Obama may have not brought us back to full employment (~5% unemployment) but at least he hasn't completely buried his head in the sand when it comes to what caused the downturn and what will eventually get us out of it.
Again, you're not saying "He's done a good job", you're saying "He hasn't been horrible."

Is that good enough for you?    Is that good enough for America?   I expect more.  I hope Americans, as a whole, expect more.
But the alternative candidate would do a horrible job based in the policy promises he's made and the general direction of his party.
That is opinion.

What Obama has done is fact and history.    What reason is there to believe that something different will happen over the next 4 years? 
10/24/2012 9:50 AM
10/24/2012 10:04 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2012 9:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/24/2012 9:43:00 AM (view original):

That is opinion.

What Obama has done is fact and history.    What reason is there to believe that something different will happen over the next 4 years? 
Our economy is improving. Millions of jobs have been created in the last 3 years. GDP is up. Unemployment is down. The stock market is up a ton. Housing starts are up. Yeah, I'll take four more years of that over a guy who promises to raise taxes on everyone making less than 200k a year.
10/24/2012 10:51 AM
23m under or unemployed.
49m requiring govt assistance.
House prices still down.

As for the economy improving, couldn't one argue that there was no place to go but up?

I've seen nothing on Romney "promising" to raise taxes on anyone making less than 200k a year.    Perhaps you have a source?
10/24/2012 10:59 AM
Yeah, I linked the TPC study earlier.
10/24/2012 11:12 AM

Yeah, the one co-written by a liberal organization.  Remember?  I said "Isn't Brookins a liberal org?", you said "No.  Brookins is a liberal org."

Then it was dismissed.   Can I use Hannity quotes as fact on how bad Obama is if he said it on ABC News?

10/24/2012 11:23 AM
TPC is non-partisan. It was started by former members of the Reagan, Bush, and Clinton administrations.
10/24/2012 11:27 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/23/2012 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/23/2012 4:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/23/2012 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Isn't the Brookings Institute a liberal organization?  If so, I think we can throw that out. 

Much like Obama wanted to "make his mark" with Obamacare, Romney is running for Prez to make his mark in the economy.   I think he'll make the right decisions to get the "bottom line" sorted out.   I don't think his plan is to tax anyone more.   His plan is to tax 12m more people by putting them to work.   He's going to make some tough budget cuts, sorry Big Bird, and he intends to do away with some regulations that he believes is styming businesss growth.   Will he be the "green" President?  No.   Will he be the humanitarian President?  No.  

Although, in all fairness, that's all talk of good intentions.   Obama had good intentions.   It hasn't worked.   But, if I have a kid cutting my grass poorly for 4 years, I'm not giving him another 4 years to do it right.   Especially if he says "I only need 4 years to make this right."
Um, no. The Brookings Institute is a liberal think tank but that was a paper by the Tax Policy Center, a joint venture between Brookings and the Urban Institute that is non-partisan.

You have REALLY fallen hard for the talking points. Romney's 12 million jobs plan is absurd

EDIT: additional info on TPC:  In 2002, tax experts who had served in the Ronald ReaganGeorge H.W. Bush, and Bill Clinton administrations established the Tax Policy Center to provide unbiased analysis of tax issues. The following year TPC developed a comprehensive tax simulation model to analyze the federal income tax and proposals to change it. That model has evolved to incorporate new and additional data, changes in federal tax law, and other aspects of the tax system and the economy.

So the Brooking organization is a liberal organization?   "The Brookings Institute is a liberal think tank......"   Seriously, don't say "No" and then disagree with yourself.    A liberal organization and a non-partisan organization work together on a paper.   What way to you think it leans?

I haven't fallen for the talking points.   Romney is as vague on his jobs promise as Obama is on Libya.   

However, Obama has done nothing that makes me think he has a plan that will work.        As I said:  "Although, in all fairness, that's all talk of good intentions.   Obama had good intentions.   It hasn't worked.   But, if I have a kid cutting my grass poorly for 4 years, I'm not giving him another 4 years to do it right.   Especially if he says "I only need 4 years to make this right."
Since you're repeating yourself, I'll just quote what we both said.
10/24/2012 11:32 AM
We are better off now.
10/24/2012 11:44 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2012 10:59:00 AM (view original):
23m under or unemployed.
House prices still down.

As for the economy improving, couldn't one argue that there was no place to go but up?

I've seen nothing on Romney "promising" to raise taxes on anyone making less than 200k a year.    Perhaps you have a source?
Tell those 72m how much better off we are.
10/24/2012 11:47 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2012 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2012 10:59:00 AM (view original):
23m under or unemployed.
House prices still down.

Tell those 72m how much better off we are.
Idiot. There is a HUGE overlap between the 23m and the 49m. You don't add them. Fuckin' genius over here.
10/24/2012 12:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...11 Next ▸
Let's face it... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.