Today's the day.... Topic

We start following the news religiously. After all, Sunday we changed our clocks, and now we change our President.

All Democrats, I want to see strong opposition! Make sure you get out and get your vote in on Wednesday!!
11/6/2012 2:09 AM
Nice.

gonna take my one year old daughter out to vote with me..... it's never to early to teach her how to select the candidates with an (R) next to their name.
11/6/2012 8:16 AM
Educated voters will vote based upon the specific candidates and issues, not along strict party lines. Just because they're your party's nominee for whatever office doesn't necessarily mean they are the best candidate who matches your own views.
11/6/2012 8:28 AM
Posted by bistiza on 11/6/2012 8:28:00 AM (view original):
Educated voters will vote based upon the specific candidates and issues, not along strict party lines. Just because they're your party's nominee for whatever office doesn't necessarily mean they are the best candidate who matches your own views.
are you 'telling' me how to vote ?!?!?

you judger!

Lol.
11/6/2012 8:32 AM
Posted by moy23 on 11/6/2012 8:16:00 AM (view original):
Nice.

gonna take my one year old daughter out to vote with me..... it's never to early to teach her how to select the candidates with an (R) next to their name.
My 14 year old eighth grader last night informed me (correctly) that he'll be able to vote in the next Presidential election, which just completely blew my mind.

When the time comes, rather than preach to him about one party over the other (as my dad tried to do with me when I was 18), my message to him will be:
  1. Try to understand the issues at hand
  2. Ignore the rhetoric from the candidates, try to identify and ignore the bullshit (which is probably 80% of their messages), and learn where they really stand on the issues
  3. Decide what makes the most sense to you
  4. Vote for the guy you feel more closely aligned to
Teach your kids to educate themselves, think for themselves, and not vote based on a "D" or an "R" on the ballot.
11/6/2012 8:34 AM
Teach your kids to educate themselves, think for themselves, and not vote based on a "D" or an "R" on the ballot.

+1, thumbs up, 100 percent agree.
11/6/2012 8:40 AM
I was joking. but thanks.

I'm actually very familiar with many of the local and state candidates. I've done community work with both the dems and republicans and know many of them personally. I'll still vote for the (R)s though cause democrats have destroyed the state of Illinois. time for change... starting with Madigan.
11/6/2012 8:41 AM
Sucks I had to vote by mail this year. I miss the whole going to the precinct process.
11/6/2012 9:41 AM
I voted by absentee ballot and was very happy to do so.

I don't have to find time in my day to vote. I don't have to push through traffic or crowds to get to the polling place and back home. But the best thing was that I could sit there with my ballot in front of me and taking all the time I'd like to do research on the candidates, something I can't do at the polling place. I knew when I mailed it in I was voting for who I wanted to vote for.

If I can do it I'm going to vote by absentee every election and avoid the hassle and setbacks associated with election day.

11/6/2012 11:40 AM
I did all my research ahead of time. It was pretty easy to go in knowing exactly who and what I was going to be voting for. To me it's just another example of the pussification of America. We want everything to be easy.
11/6/2012 11:49 AM
Absentee voting should be because of some sort of hardship or logistical impediment.  Not because it's too inconvenient to get your lazy *** to the polls.
11/6/2012 11:54 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Lazy people should not be catered to.
11/6/2012 12:18 PM
There are a lot of problems in the world. People voting by mail is not one of them.
11/6/2012 12:21 PM
I didn't say it was a problem.  I just said that it should only be used in the event of hardship or logistical impediment.  If you have the ability and means to make it to your designated voting place, then it's your civic responsibility to get there and vote in person.

Though since you mention it, how does one prove that the designated absentee voter actually filled out the ballot themselves?  Seems like it could be easily abused.

What part of that don't you understand?
11/6/2012 12:40 PM
1|2|3...12 Next ▸
Today's the day.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.