What really eats me up... Topic

IT DOES!!!  AND IT SEATS 40!!!

11/8/2012 10:33 AM
Too long, bis.  You know damn good and well that I'm not reading it.

Nice to see my prediction came true, although you apparently didn't get the chance to read it, which makes it all the more funny.

Honestly I haven't laughed harder at anything that's been posted here than I have at your stuff  about trying to tell me how long my posts can be.
11/8/2012 11:05 AM
I'm not telling you how long they can be.  I'm telling how I ignore them once they reach a certain length.   Do you understand now?  You can write a book in reply to this simple post.   I won't read past the first line or two. 
11/8/2012 11:14 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/7/2012 5:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/7/2012 5:13:00 PM (view original):
I simply picked one insignificant funded program and explained how it won't affect the economy because they can privatize or, if that's not feasible, take their skills to the private sector.   
It's so insignificant that it won't help with the deficit.

Would you rather the president and congress focus on economic recovery or deficit reduction?

It is an either/or.
I still don't think you answered this question, Mike.
11/8/2012 11:16 AM
I answered it several times.   It isn't an either/or situation.   I think our leaders are smart enough to do both.    Like reducing spending.
11/8/2012 11:17 AM
You've ignored/avoided the question several times. You've never answered. It is an either/or. Even Romney admitted that significant spending cuts right now would slow the economy.
11/8/2012 11:36 AM
Saying "it is an either/or situation" over and over again doesn't make it true.   Saying "Romney admitted that significant spending cuts right now would slow the economy" over and over again doesn't make it true.

You can cut the fat from the deficit/debt and improve the economy.     It can be done.   Big Bird proves it.  Unless you think our economic structure would collapse because parents couldn't drop their 3 y/o in front of the TV for half an hour when Sesame Street comes on. 

11/8/2012 11:40 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/8/2012 11:40:00 AM (view original):
Saying "it is an either/or situation" over and over again doesn't make it true.   Saying "Romney admitted that significant spending cuts right now would slow the economy" over and over again doesn't make it true.

You can cut the fat from the deficit/debt and improve the economy.     It can be done.   Big Bird proves it.  Unless you think our economic structure would collapse because parents couldn't drop their 3 y/o in front of the TV for half an hour when Sesame Street comes on. 

It's not like PBS would shut down Sesame Street if it lost 20% of its income either.  The Big Bird thing is a straw man argument.  PBS would survive without government.
11/8/2012 11:42 AM

Wasteful spending from the gov't is ridiculous.  You and I both know it. 

11/8/2012 11:43 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/8/2012 11:43:00 AM (view original):

Wasteful spending from the gov't is ridiculous.  You and I both know it. 

It is ridiculous, but cutting wasteful spending at a level significant enough to impact the deficit (in order to reduce the deficit, not lower taxes) slows the economy.

It is true.
11/8/2012 11:47 AM

I guess I'll just copy/paste every time you insist that the deficit can't be cut without slowing the economy.    I recommend you do the same unless you have some new information that proves your statement to be fact. 
11/8/2012 11:49 AM
I'm not telling you how long they can be.  I'm telling how I ignore them once they reach a certain length.   Do you understand now?  You can write a book in reply to this simple post.   I won't read past the first line or two.

I'm telling you I respond how I see fit and you can read it or not and I don't care either way, though I do enjoy laughing at you insisting upon letting me know about it every chance you get.

11/8/2012 11:54 AM
OK. Show me how you can cut spending in order to reduce the deficit and not impact the economy.
11/8/2012 11:55 AM
Both tax increases and spending cuts will tend to slow the recovery in the near term, but spending cuts will likely slow it more.

Christina Romer, Econ Professor at Cal, Chairwoman of Council of Economic Advisors
11/8/2012 11:58 AM
Google "cut spending and encourage economic growth".   Read whoever you see fit.    It really isn't impossible to do both.
11/8/2012 12:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...34 Next ▸
What really eats me up... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.