What really eats me up... Topic

Posted by silentpadna on 12/10/2012 5:59:00 PM (view original):
Bis:  no one's talking to me anymore so I win.

Bis:  I won  because I say I won.

He's blocked, but I can only guess that's about what's happening here.

dahs, you're wasting your time....
I'm willing to wager that this is EXACTLY what's happening.
12/11/2012 8:51 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 12/10/2012 3:04:00 PM (view original):
I, and many other people, made logical, well-reasoned points that demonstrated the flaws in your argument.  Your basic response was "because of things I understand, and you couldn't possibly understand, your points are wrong and mine are right.  I'm not going to tell you what those points are, exactly, but believe me - they exist."  You can't argue with that ridiculous point, and since you stick to it so strongly, and continue to make assumptions about human nature that are wildly off base, there's really nothing left but to concede that you are, in fact, quite deluded, and give up trying to be reasonable with you.  You've made that utterly impossible.

FWIW, I seldom agree the dahs but he's dead on.    There comes a time in all internet "discussions" that you have to accept the other person is unreasonable, intentionally(monkey poking) or unintentionally(delusional and lacking any self-awareness), and move on.   Most have done this with biz.

12/11/2012 9:00 AM
I'm not sure if bis is really that delusional, or if he's just poking everybody.

It's hard to believe that somebody can really be that much lacking in self-awareness.  But based on some recent experiences with some people I know in "real-life", maybe I shouldn't be that surprised.
12/11/2012 9:15 AM
I'm pretty sure he's just poking at people to get a response.   I know plenty of people who are almost 100% lacking in self-awareness but their comments/actions are spur of the moment things.  Something they can look back on a few hours later and think "Did I really say/do that?"   bizs has carried on for a month or more and his words are in writing so he's fully aware of what he's "said".
12/11/2012 9:30 AM
There comes a time in all internet "discussions" that you have to accept the other person is unreasonable, intentionally(monkey poking) or unintentionally(delusional and lacking any self-awareness), and move on.   Most have done this with biz.

Great idea. Retreat and hide, but swear it's not a surrender because the other side is simply unreasonable and you're just "moving on".

Keep telling yourself that all you want. In the meantime, the other side has taken the land you initially fought so hard for and doesn't care what you want to tell yourself as you run away and hide.
It's hard to believe that somebody can really be that much lacking in self-awareness.  But based on some recent experiences with some people I know in "real-life", maybe I shouldn't be that surprised.
Don't make statements you can't back up. You have yet to show a single instance of where I am "lacking in self-awareness", and unless you do, this statement is false.

Keep in mind that your own perceptions of the situation have been completely off for some time, and that is probably coloring your judgement in this instance. We can agree to disagree on that if you'd like, but that requires you to stop making these ridiculous assertions since you can't prove them to be true.
I'm pretty sure he's just poking at people to get a response. 
Not surprisingly, you're wrong again. I don't "poke at people to get a response". I believe what I have to say, which is why I defend it so staunchly (and so well).
bizs has carried on for a month or more and his words are in writing so he's fully aware of what he's "said".
Of course I'm aware of what I've said. None of it lacks self-awareness of any kind. 

I'll put it to you straight: I'm aware of how many of you perceive me as arrogant. However, I have explained in MANY posts how that perception is incorrect and is a convenient way to both sidetrack the debate and attack me at the same time.

In a nutshell: A statement isn't arrogant unless it represents an exaggeration of the truth. If it's 100 percent true, it cannot be arrogant.

So those of you who accuse me of being arrogant either know you are lying because you understand I'm making true statements in which case you are purposefully using it as a distraction and an attack, or you are ignorant of what arrogance truly is despite my many attempts to explain it to you (as I've done again here in this post).

So if you think I'm arrogant, you're either lying or you are ignorant of what arrogance is. Now that's telling it like it is.
12/11/2012 11:24 AM
Is bistiza still . . .

???
12/11/2012 1:18 PM
I'll be winning this debate on here forever unless someone presents a real challenge to my position. That's just how debate works.
12/11/2012 2:55 PM
BISTIZA= MARQUEZ

MIKETITTY= PAQUAIO

IN FIGHT 4
12/11/2012 4:15 PM (edited)
LOL
12/11/2012 3:17 PM
Posted by antoncresten on 12/11/2012 3:02:00 PM (view original):
BISTIZA= MARQUEZ

MIKETITTY= PAQUAIO
So I won the first 3 in dominant fashion and failed to show up for the 4th?

That sounds about right since I blocked him a month ago.   I bet he's been destroying me since I don't respond.
12/11/2012 4:00 PM
You'd be surprised...
12/11/2012 4:02 PM
In his world he is, anyway...
12/11/2012 4:03 PM
As I've pointed out, an army that fights for a piece of land and then turns and runs and hides in the hills isn't winning, even if they shout out the only reason they are running is because the other army is "ridiculous" or "delusional" or anything else and refuse to say they've surrendered.

When the other army has possession of the ground you were fighting over, it doesn't matter what you say to try to save face - you still lost. That's the reality of the situation here. I'm standing on the ground we fought over, and those of you who are still here are shouting from the hills and refusing to fight for it, so you've lost.

12/12/2012 9:19 AM
For goodness sake, please shut up.
12/12/2012 9:32 AM
You enter this thread just to say that when you could have easily ignored the entire thing if you really were that bothered by it. *rolls eyes*
12/12/2012 12:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...31|32|33|34 Next ▸
What really eats me up... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.