IMPORTANT POLL Topic

tecwrg,

You and several others have launched multiple personal attacks full of ignorant insults hurled at me. That is fact. You don't even bother to argue against it but accuse me of "playing the victim card", which is more BS. I'm just telling you what happened and you're trying to turn it into another attack.

Throwing out personal attacks during a debate is a logical fallacy and is almost exclusively used "as a defensive reaction" because the person launching the attack feels their argument isn't good enough by itself to get the job done.

Then you try to get other people to rally around you and launch attacks too in an effort to bully me into believing you're right since more people agree with you, which is another logical fallacy.

If pointing out your tired, predictable, and entirely ignorant behavior (and that of others who also do it) makes me arrogant in your mind, I don't care.  Label me whatever you want to help you justified your reprehensible acts to yourself.

Insulting those who disagree with you is what makes you who you are, so there's no reason not to do it now even when I call you out for it.

1/17/2013 11:09 AM
You forgot to tell me "you suck" or to "**** off", like you did in your previous two responses to me.
1/17/2013 11:12 AM
I see you're apparently taking the higher road (finally) and not bothering to argue against me when I point out your ignorant behavior. Good. Then maybe it's sinking in.
1/17/2013 11:15 AM
Posted by bistiza on 1/17/2013 11:09:00 AM (view original):
tecwrg,

You and several others have launched multiple personal attacks full of ignorant insults hurled at me. That is fact. You don't even bother to argue against it but accuse me of "playing the victim card", which is more BS. I'm just telling you what happened and you're trying to turn it into another attack.

Throwing out personal attacks during a debate is a logical fallacy and is almost exclusively used "as a defensive reaction" because the person launching the attack feels their argument isn't good enough by itself to get the job done.

Then you try to get other people to rally around you and launch attacks too in an effort to bully me into believing you're right since more people agree with you, which is another logical fallacy.

If pointing out your tired, predictable, and entirely ignorant behavior (and that of others who also do it) makes me arrogant in your mind, I don't care.  Label me whatever you want to help you justified your reprehensible acts to yourself.

Insulting those who disagree with you is what makes you who you are, so there's no reason not to do it now even when I call you out for it.

I'm pretty sure pretending that challenges to your evidence didn't happen, and then going back and deleting your evidence, is also some sort of logical fallacy.
1/17/2013 11:24 AM
I could just imagine bis on a jury...

Foreman

...guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty...not guilty, guilty.

Bis

I'm just saying I could see it either way. If you can't, it's because you're not open-minded like me. I'm done here.

Foreman

But what about the DNA evidence? The accused's DNA is all over the crime scene. The victim's blood was all over the accused's clothing, and trace amounts of the victim's blood and DNA were found on the accused's fingernails. The victim's blood-covered wallet was found in the accused's possession. And what about the video evidence? An HD security camera captured the entire affair. He even made a first person video of the crime on his camera phone. And he sent an e-mail describing his plans for the crime in detail. He even bragged about the crime afterward on Twitter.

Bis

1/17/2013 11:33 AM
I keep waiting for bis to say, "It's just a flesh wound!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4
1/17/2013 11:42 AM
There's bad_luck's other identity. I can see that bad_luck has posted himself as well. I wonder what kind of rant he's on now that I won't respond to him.
1/17/2013 11:43 AM
You can look, but I don't think you'll like it. Your entire argument has been demolished.
1/17/2013 11:45 AM
Posted by bistiza on 1/17/2013 11:15:00 AM (view original):
I see you're apparently taking the higher road (finally) and not bothering to argue against me when I point out your ignorant behavior. Good. Then maybe it's sinking in.
I've said all I needed to say.  I've clearly won this argument, that's indisputable.

I'm done here.

Unless I'm not.
1/17/2013 11:56 AM
I still want to know who these "credible scientists" who support young earth theory are. Harvey the Rabbit? Randall Stephens? Lennay Kekua?
1/17/2013 11:58 AM
I still want to know why I would bother attempting to have a reasonable debate with a group of people who have consistently displayed they have no clue how to properly participate in one?

For that matter, why would anyone want to attempt a reasonable debate with a group of people who aren't interested in debating at all but in launching attacks on anyone who disagrees with their mainstream ideas?

There's no reason to do it.

No one will change their point of view even if they were offered the most compelling evidence on earth. The only reason they are even here is to launch attacks.

1/17/2013 1:03 PM
And yet you're still here debating.
1/17/2013 1:05 PM
Is biste'o actually trying to pass himself off as a victim here? That's so swamp.
1/17/2013 1:18 PM
"No one will change their point of view even if they were offered the most compelling evidence on earth."

It depends.  Are we talking about a young earth or an old earth?
1/17/2013 1:34 PM
Funny that whenever genghis posts, bad_luck is also posting somewhere near that. Must be a really strange coincidence. *rolls eyes*

I'm not a victim. I was successful against any and all comers even when most of them resorted to ignorant personal attacks rather than trying to argue the actual issue.

No, the real victims are the people who have to put up with you delightfully ignorant creatures if you do the same things in real life that you do on here.

1/17/2013 1:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...29|30|31|32|33...37 Next ▸
IMPORTANT POLL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.