High-Capacity Assault Weapons Topic

I was talking about crashing the plane/hijacking...can't get in the cockpit so easily anymore.  If someone tried to take over the plane with a box cutter these days, I don't think it would go so well for them.

Maybe people can get dangerous items on....but it hasn't happened with any real consequence in quite some time.  I'm sure the will is still there, not sure why it wouldn't be.

Agreed on the shotgun comment, but why try and make it at all easier by allowing weapons that really aren't needed?  

12/29/2012 10:33 PM

Page 1. 

Just saying banning this, regulating that and then banning something else while regulating another thing doesn't solve the problem.   Banning high capacity clips and AW-type guns are "feel good" moments but it doesn't address the real problem.

12/29/2012 10:42 PM
Mental Health?
12/29/2012 10:47 PM
I suggested armed security at every school with instructions to shoot to kill anyone holding a gun on sight.
12/29/2012 11:00 PM
Who's paying for that?
12/29/2012 11:03 PM
And then who's paying when someone gets shot because they were holding a a black Swingline stapler?
12/29/2012 11:04 PM

Or a bullet from an "armed security" guard goes into a house in the vicinity of the school and kills an innocent bystander.

12/29/2012 11:05 PM
I'd suggest protecting children from madmen is a worthy cost.

I'd suggest extensive training for the armed security.  Ex-military, who we keep hearing can't find work, would be a fine place to start.

I'd suggest extensive training would hopefully prevent that.

Of course, maybe you're just cool with "GUNS BAD!!!"
12/30/2012 10:34 AM
I've already stated I'm not in the "GUNS BAD" camp......again I ask who is going to pay for this?  And who is going to pay when something goes horribly wrong?  Cause while "hopefully" it won't, odds are, it will at sometime.   We've already seen that having armed security on campus won't neccesarily save the day.  It's not a very good idea.

12/30/2012 11:08 AM
If armed and trained security staff in schools make them safer, then I'm all for it.

However, it should not be seen as "problem solved, the end", as the NRA is trying to portray it.  It should be just one of many steps that may need to be taken.
12/30/2012 11:42 AM
The taxpayer, as usual, will pay for it.    Again, I consider protecting children from madmen to be a worthy cost.

We have armed security on the streets every day.  We call them "police".  Innocent bystanders being shot by police are few and far between.   Maybe armed security isn't the be all to end all.  Neither is "GUNS BAD!!!!"  Banning this, banning that does not prevent my two shotguns, bag of shells and a classroom of 6 year olds scenario from happening.   Unless, of course, we're going to ban the standard hunting shotgun.

And, for the record, I posted the NRA's idea before they formed it.  I'm awesome.
12/30/2012 11:59 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/17/2012 10:45:00 AM (view original):
Unfortunately, the only real option to reduce the number of casualities in situations like these is armed security.   Much like planes have air marshals, I think we've reached a point where a large gathering of people will require trained, armed security.   Not a beefy bouncer but someone who has been trained to take out individuals like Lanza with a single shot.

Sad that this is where we're at but I think that's the answer. 
HERE!
12/30/2012 12:01 PM
Are you Charlton Heston?
12/30/2012 12:03 PM
12/30/2012 12:03 PM
Not willing to pay taxes for health care, but willing to pay taxes for armed security in schools.    The gun lobby is good at what they do!
12/30/2012 12:14 PM
◂ Prev 1...22|23|24|25|26...54 Next ▸
High-Capacity Assault Weapons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.