High-Capacity Assault Weapons Topic

I obviously disagree. 
2/3/2013 8:39 AM
When did the U.N. become the owner of the definition of "genocide"?
2/3/2013 8:51 AM

AFTER WWII

2/3/2013 9:16 AM
And just for review creating schools to bring people into your society is now "Genocide".

The Native culture was flawed and that is why they perished.

People have been trying to kill Americans for a long time and we survived.
2/3/2013 1:28 PM
Flawed in what way?
2/3/2013 1:40 PM
I think he meant "overpowered", because that's the word that would most accurately complete that sentence.

Of course, swamp is a dumbass, so who knows what he means?
2/3/2013 1:55 PM
It's that sort of thing that make me regret saying stuff like "In his own weird way, swamp isn't completely wrong."
2/3/2013 2:35 PM
Your bad, for even trying to go there.
2/3/2013 2:44 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/2/2013 8:29:00 AM (view original):
swampy wins on a technicality on "genocide of injuns".    I'm sure he has some distorted, dumbass view on the matter but he's right.

It wasn't a deliberate destruction of Native Americans.    Whitey simply wanted them to be somewhere else and took matters into their own hands when they wouldn't move.  There was no "We gotta wipe them out" movement.
Yep, I was dead on with "I'm sure he has some distorted, dumbass view on the matter...."
2/3/2013 2:46 PM
Guns and the second amendment were intended for self defense. people who dont obey laws will always find access to assault weapons. You constantly hear police and military referring to being out gunned or fire superiority. as long as the bad guys have them the good guys should be allowed to as well. when you can %100 assure me that no criminal has or will have them, i would be more than happy to turn mine over.
2/3/2013 3:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/3/2013 8:39:00 AM (view original):
I obviously disagree. 
well Mike, you certainly have the freedom to disagree. But the word genocide was not coined until the late 1940's and the UN established a specific legal definition of it. I know you are smart enough not to go down the Swamphole of trying to redefine what words mean. Here is a link to the actual, legal definition. You might not like it, but it is what it is.

www.preventgenocide.org/law/convention/index.htm#text

2/3/2013 5:56 PM
That is so wide-ranging that virtually any act of war is genocide.    Would it be fair to say the US attempted genocide of the Taliban?
2/4/2013 8:49 AM

Words do have meanings.

Again you have to have an intent here.

This was meant as a way to bring the Native Americans into our society. To include them in.

And there was never real force involved in this.

Again some of the treatment was brutal and some of the attitudes were wrong.

If this is Genocide we are setting the bar pretty low.

2/4/2013 3:40 PM
"This was meant as a way to bring the Native Americans into our society. To include them in.

And there was never real force involved in this."

Another bizarre interpretation of American history by swamp.
2/4/2013 3:56 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 2/3/2013 1:28:00 PM (view original):
And just for review creating schools to bring people into your society is now "Genocide".

The Native culture was flawed and that is why they perished.

People have been trying to kill Americans for a long time and we survived.
Their society was flawed.

They needed vast amounts of land to maintain their way of life. They couldnt possibly defend it.

If we didnt take it over, someone else would. And then we would have neighbors that may be hostile to us.

Again I do not treat the natives like Children. I treat them like any other nation. Defend yourself or perish.
2/4/2013 4:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...42|43|44|45|46...54 Next ▸
High-Capacity Assault Weapons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.