High-Capacity Assault Weapons Topic

I refuse to dance around the issues and carefully analyze every remark before I utter it for maximum spin value.

The truth is the truth!
2/14/2013 5:50 PM
That doesn't mean you have to post the reasonings of someone with an 11 y/o brain. 
2/14/2013 6:19 PM
My 11 year old is too smart to post the kind of crap that swamp tries to pass off as "carefully analyzed remarks".
2/14/2013 6:37 PM
I think I have a slam dunk with...

Prove that an AW ban would help.

2/16/2013 4:32 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 2/16/2013 4:32:00 PM (view original):
I think I have a slam dunk with...

Prove that an AW ban would help.

Fewer rounds can be shot in "X" amount of time.  Less rounds = less carnage.

Tell us again about how HCAW are safer because you don't have to aim.  Or how you get "a little fired up" when you fire one.
2/17/2013 9:30 AM
I think most people get a rush of adrenaline when they fire a weapon.

And firing a bigger more powerful gun has more of an impact.

And if you factor in all the variables it is hard to say that flat out. Jamming, accuracy, range...etc.

And would a ban actually impact criminals?

More variables.

And no one is discussing this. The only media approved topics opposing gun bans are issues of freedom. You hav eto be for murders if you support freedom.
2/17/2013 1:38 PM
The reason no one is discussing those things is because only idiots think conventional weapons are more dangerous than assault weapons.
2/18/2013 3:00 AM
Only swamp thinks that.  And he explains why poorly.   He'd be much better served to ask "In how many of these mass shootings that we have to stop was the AW a primary weapon?"     The total is "one". 
2/18/2013 7:54 AM
Mike you are looking at the issue through to specific a lens.

The point is there are many variables, and the fact that under certain circumstances an AW might perform less effectively is just one reason to question a ban, but one that needs to be raised.

I want the left to prove that an AW ban would help.

And I am willing to raise every issue that can stop them.

The bottom line is there is no evidence to support an AW ban would make us safer.
2/18/2013 2:44 PM
If I said "I want to fire 100 rounds into a crowd really quickly", don't you think my weapon of choice would be an AW?  That's what the left is telling you.

That said, the obvious counter is "How many times has that happened?"     The answer is "one".    Now the question is "Do we want to infringe upon individual rights due to one incident?"   Some people think that's enough.    I don't happen to agree.
2/18/2013 3:34 PM (edited)
Participating in a gun buy back because you believe that the criminals have to many guns is like having yourself castrated because you believe your neighbors have too many kids.
2/18/2013 4:39 PM

Orange County Shooting Spree: Several People Dead After 25-Minute Ordeal, Police In California Say

Looks like the weapon of choice was an...............Assault Weapon!!!!!!

No, just kidding.  A SHOTGUN was recovered at the scene.
2/19/2013 5:07 PM
You know what ****** me off?

If you Google "mass killings with assault weapons", just about every hit that is returned comes from either a far right-wing website, or from a far left-wing website.

You can't trust any information you get on this topic, because every site is strongly biased one way or the other.

Where can one go on the web to get unbiased information?
2/19/2013 6:18 PM
Me.

You know that Blade Runner dude that killed his model girlfriend on Valentine's Day?   Yep, assault weapon.

No, just kidding again.  9mm handgun.
2/19/2013 8:17 PM
I know wiki is often scoffed at but for what it's worth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers

CNN used to be far left, but I personally believe they have moved a lot closer to the center post Ted Turner :

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/20/politics/legislation-after-mass-shootings
2/20/2013 7:57 AM
◂ Prev 1...50|51|52|53|54 Next ▸
High-Capacity Assault Weapons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.